Thread: How is the South America market?

Living and Lovin in North Carolina, y'all.

Question How is the South America market?

Seeing that most of the trends are coming from Asia (Japan, China, Korea), how is the .mobi market in Latin and South America?

There seemed to have been a rush to reg the Spanish words. But the Portuguese...why were these being ignored?

I am sure there is a ton of cell phones in Brazil and other Latin/South America markets, but is there any talk or push or adoption of .mobi?

There does not seem to be any telecommunication or mobile news to speak of coming out of the southern hemisphere.

Would love to hear the news as it comes in regarding the spread of mobi.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry View Post
    Seeing that most of the trends are coming from Asia (Japan, China, Korea), how is the .mobi market in Latin and South America?

There seemed to have been a rush to reg the Spanish words. But the Portuguese...why were these being ignored?

I am sure there is a ton of cell phones in Brazil and other Latin/South America markets, but is there any talk or push or adoption of .mobi?

There does not seem to be any telecommunication or mobile news to speak of coming out of the southern hemisphere.

Would love to hear the news as it comes in regarding the spread of mobi.
    Roughly speaking, the US is 2 years behind Europe, which itself is 2 years behind Asia in mobile tech. South America is 2 years behind the US, so that's why we're not getting much out of there at the moment...it'll come around eventually...and when it does...ka-ching!

Do not ignore Portuguese...Brazil is the 5th most populous country in the world and growing more prosperous with each passing year...Portuguese is also a language in Europe (Portugal), Asia (East Timor/Macau) and Africa (Angola, Mozambique, etc.), so there is lot's of fun to be had in Portuguese .mobi's.
    My .mobi's: Dating.mobi | Dubai.mobi | Adult.mobi | Banking.mobi | Student.mobi | Call.mobi | Horoscope.mobi | Messenger.mobi | Classifieds.mobi | LiveTV.mobi

Developed: Yup.mobi | Mobility
    | Why .mobi? | Banking | Vuelos | Airline Complaints | Random Site | Whois | Free Mobile Dating | Free Dictionary | Free Thesaurus | Horoscope | Astrology | Free Translation | Exchange Rates

Gerry,
    today just in brazil there r more than 100 million cells
    Andres said everything.
    BarraDaTijuca CamposDoJordao Canela Gramado ZonaSul Leblon FozDoIguacu Santa-Catarina

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by bricio View Post
    Gerry,
    today just in brazil there r more than 100 million cells
    Andres said everything.
    Bricio, get off my boat!

What Andres related is what I expected. Things seem to go from the far East, towards India, then to continental Europe, the UK, across the pond to the US, then down south.

Seems like it has always taken that route in relation to technology.

In regards to Portuguese and the potential, I am all on top of that. Nearly 200 million speakers, fanatical Futebol fans, Carnival, beautiful women, country, huge population, Sao Paolo destined to be a MegaTropolis (one of the top 10 in the world)...I try to stay on top of things.

I am prepared to sit and wait for the markets to catch up with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Andres View Post
    Roughly speaking, the US is 2 years behind Europe, which itself is 2 years behind Asia in mobile tech.
    That is why there is so much hype behind the iPhone...every one here is OOO, AAAH, GOO GOO GAA GAA over something that has been in use in Asia for quite sometime, prohibitively expensive for initial cost, 2 year plan, subscription to iTunes required.

It is not even using 3g technology. They rushed this to market, getting alot of mileage with all the hype, but already admitting limitations and some issues.

You can rest assured the new model is already in production. I hate to be one to get this on June 29th and commit to a two year contract only to have it nearly obsolete and outdated within months.

We'll have to see if it's embraced. (iphone)
    I do think it will help get more individuals going on-line that normally wouldn't...
    I still think the biggest barrier to .mobi is cost. As carriers start offering incentives or unlimited data packages, it will go mainstream..
    Last edited by pcaero; 06-26-2007 at 02:23 PM.