Thread: My excellent new Portuguese .mobis!

Default My excellent new Portuguese .mobis!

Just reg'd these:

Cozinha (kitchen) -- 460k OVT in Brazil!
    Escritorios (offices) -- 65k
    Last edited by Dave; 06-26-2007 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dagersh View Post
    Just reg'd these:

Cozinha (cooking) -- 460k OVT in Brazil!
    Escritorios (offices) -- 65k
    Very nice, especially cozinha, which also means "kitchen"...I envision a site with recipes and cook books!

It looks like there are still plenty of goodies to register in portuguese...
    My .mobi's: Dating.mobi | Dubai.mobi | Adult.mobi | Banking.mobi | Student.mobi | Call.mobi | Horoscope.mobi | Messenger.mobi | Classifieds.mobi | LiveTV.mobi

Developed: Yup.mobi | Mobility
    | Why .mobi? | Banking | Vuelos | Airline Complaints | Random Site | Whois | Free Mobile Dating | Free Dictionary | Free Thesaurus | Horoscope | Astrology | Free Translation | Exchange Rates

Quote Originally Posted by Andres View Post
    É verdade Andres, ainda existem excelentes palavras p serem registradas em português ainda!!!
    Indeed, there r many excellent words to be reg'd in portuguese yet!!!
    BarraDaTijuca CamposDoJordao Canela Gramado ZonaSul Leblon FozDoIguacu Santa-Catarina

Quote Originally Posted by Andres View Post
    Very nice, especially cozinha, which also means "kitchen"...I envision a site with recipes and cook books!

Actually, now that I think of it, "kitchen" is what it meant! Looked that up at the same time as "cooking" ("cozinhar"), which had much lower OVT, and forgot which was which!

CAN "cozinha" indeed mean "cooking" as well?

hi dagersh,

"cozinha" can mean "cook" as well... in portugese verbs end w letter "r", so the verb is "cozinhar" -> to cook
    "cozinha" is kitchen but can be also the verb "cozinhaR" (to cook) in simple present tense (ele/ela cozinha -> he/she cooks)

i hope ive helped
    regards,
    bricio
    BarraDaTijuca CamposDoJordao Canela Gramado ZonaSul Leblon FozDoIguacu Santa-Catarina

Quote Originally Posted by bricio View Post
    hi dagersh,

"cozinha" can mean "cook" as well... in portugese verbs end w letter "r", so the verb is "cozinhar" -> to cook
    "cozinha" is kitchen but can be also the verb "cozinhaR" (to cook) in simple present tense (ele/ela cozinha -> he/she cooks)

i hope ive helped
    regards,
    bricio
    Thanks for the clarification!

In the meantime, it also occurred to me to pick up the plural and a few others that were inspired by this one:

Cozinhas (kitchens)
    Banho/Banhos (bath/baths)
    Banheiro/Banheiros (bathroom/bathrooms)

And then found two more that I liked:

Professores (teachers)
    Exercito (military)
    Last edited by Dave; 06-27-2007 at 08:16 AM.

Nice names My best .mobi in terms of PPC is a Portuguese one (peitos.mobi), so I have a deep appreciation for quality Portuguese names. Amazing names with such high overture are still available, yet in English almost everything >5k is taken.

hi dagersh,

TBH, if u have in ur registar a period that u could drop "exercito" id do it, "professores" i think it is a great one... great potential developed
    "banho(s)" means wash

hi dagersh,

TBH, if u have in ur registar a period that u could drop "exercito" id do it, "professores" i think it is a great one... great potential developed
    "banho(s)" means wash
    Why do you think "exercito" isn't worth keeping? It has pretty decent OVT and seems like it could have some good mobile use at some point. But I'm willing to be talked out of it, if you have good reasons.

As for "banho," if it means "wash," what does "banhos" mean? Is it a noun or verb? I found it as a translation of "bath," and with the good OVT on it, thought it was probably the correct translation...

"exercito" -> translation is army... dagersh, although its brazilian OVT (10350) and google results (5,440,000) i dont see an use to it in a mobile phone... army here is different from us army, british army and others... google search shows army pages from brazilian gorvernment except 2 that r form portugal army (w extension .pt) and one called "exercito da salvacao" (salvation army that is from catholic church). all the others u can see in www.google.com.br r from the army (gorvenment)... the other pages that has the word "exercito" r from news; here in brazil nobody has a page dedicated to army. the only end-user would be the gorvenment and i really dont think they want it. the major part of the guys that r in the army cant surf in a mobile because of the cost... army, navy and air force here is a good oportunity for people that unfortunately didnt go to a university (i was a doctor of the army but i didnt want it anymore - because of the sallary). people that go to a university has better chance to have a better life comparing to those that r in the army. and believe me i liked very much when i was there; it wasnt for the money

regards,
    bricio

sorry, i forgot: "banho" means "wash" what i dont consider a good translation, the best translation is in a sentence, then the meaning will be understood -> "eu vou tomar um BANHO" is "i will take a SHOWER", cause wash in english can be used in portuguese w the meaning of "LAVAR" -> that is used in portuguese "LAVAR os pratos" in english is "wash the dishes", so the translators dont tell that. tell me if u tried to reg the correspondent in portuguese to bathroom, if is that ill tell u the word... it is not "banho"
    Last edited by bricio; 06-27-2007 at 08:26 PM.

sorry, i forgot: "banho" means "wash" what i dont consider a good translation, the best translation is in a sentence, then the meaning will be understood -> "eu vou tomar um BANHO" is "i will take a SHOWER", cause wash in english can be used in portuguese w the meaning of "LAVAR" -> that is used in portuguese "LAVAR os pratos" in english is "wash the dishes", so the translators dont tell that. tell me if u tried to reg the correspondent in portuguese to bathroom, if is that ill tell u the word... it is not "banho"
    I think I get what you're saying...and I suppose it might be a while before "banho(s)" is worth anything as a .mobi -- maybe I should cancel that one as well?

As for "bathroom," I did also register "banheiro(s)," as noted above -- is that not the common term for "bathrooms"?

u r correct... for mobi they r worth anything really
    "banheiro(s)" is the common term for "bathroom(s)" and yes it is the most used here in brazil but i dont see a use for .mobi either

u r correct... for mobi they r worth anything really
    "banheiro(s)" is the common term for "bathroom(s)" and yes it is the most used here in brazil but i dont see a use for .mobi either
    Well, I think I'll keep the "banheiro(s)" names, but I cancelled "banho(s)" and "exercito." Thanks for your help in realizing they weren't worth it!

In their place, I registered these:

Espanhol.mobi (Spanish)
    Religiao.mobi (Religion)
    Religioes.mobi (Religions)

I had those on my list for a little while, and decided to go for them. Better than the others, I think?

yes dagersh, much better than the others...
    and i tell u that "religiao" and "religioes" have a great potential when/if developed, but maybe even w a end-user u can have a great profit if selling them... for "espanhol" u could use it as a translator (spanish-portuguese or vice versa