Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advertisements featuring a .mobi site

Default Advertisements featuring a .mobi site

I thought it might be a nice feature here to have a sticky thread where people can post any advertisements they see or hear about in magazines, on TV, or in public. I don't know if there have been any mentioned until now, but...

I'll start things off with a subway advertisement...see this thread I started about it in the News section:

http://mobility.mobi/showthread.php?t=585

Great idea!

Let's link directly to the images that we find and put them here for everyone to see so everything is in 1 place.

He are the ones from the Paris metro:

Last edited by Dave; 07-12-2007 at 04:51 PM. Reason: Photos loading too slowly...cut out one of them! :)
    My .mobi's: Dating.mobi | Dubai.mobi | Adult.mobi | Banking.mobi | Student.mobi | Call.mobi | Horoscope.mobi | Messenger.mobi | Classifieds.mobi | LiveTV.mobi

Developed: Yup.mobi | Mobility
    | Why .mobi? | Banking | Vuelos | Airline Complaints | Random Site | Whois | Free Mobile Dating | Free Dictionary | Free Thesaurus | Horoscope | Astrology | Free Translation | Exchange Rates

Living and Lovin in North Carolina, y'all.

This is exactly what I was talking weeks ago on some threads, especially on NP.

Just because you don't see it on TV and in the magazines does not mean it is not happening in relation to advertising. Traditional advertising as we know it may not work with reaching your market if they are on the go!

Reprinted with permission from...ME!

http://www.namepros.com/2028313-post38.html

#38 circa1850
    Account Suspended

Name: B. Real
    Trader Rating: (27)
    NP$: 240.00 (Donate)

Originally Posted by homebuyerCan anyone, without rereading the article, tell me what it actually said? It sounded self-laudatory to me. It was a self-promoting sales pitch engineered to overwhelm the reader with big and important sounding words, IMHO.

As the owner of several .mobis, I too would like to see the .mobis take off. Until I see companies advertising it, however, I will refrain from jumping up and down.

You have to ask yourself why no one has heard even a peep out of the original big backers of the mobi release. What would it have taken for any of the cell phone companies to put up a sign in their stores proclaiming: "Coming soon...the .mobi" Anything? Anyone? Nope.

In any event, I think many of the registrations of .mobis by the big companies were preemptive in nature. What's ten bucks to them?
    What am I supposed to be looking for? TV ads? Radio Spots?

I am not in the market for a new car. BMW is not one I would consider with 5 dogs. I do not bank at BofA.

I am not in a large metro area like Boston, New York, or DC.

How do we know what is going on is not advertising in the traditional sense?

If I am a large firm trying to reach millions effectively and wanting more bang for my buck in relation to advertising, I am going to strongly consider print.

Revenue as we know it advertising on television is shrinking. Radio at best is barely surviving. What many of you are not considering is the advertising dollar is still strong but best spent elsewhere. There are not just the local cable channels anymore. DirectTV, PayPerView, 500+ channels. Who, when, what time, where do you put your advertising dollars to reach an large target audience? Unless you are the network, it is hard to keep putting up ad after ad.

HBO, STARZ, SHOWTIME, CINEMAX, and a host of others. No commercials. TiVo. No commercials. DVD recorders with Hard Drives. No commercials.

Radio? Sirius, XM, CD, iPod in your car, DVD in the vehicle. Radio advertising is dying, dying, dying.

Internet...tough place to advertise. Millions of sites. Where FaceBook? MySpace? Google? Yahoo? eBay?

For me, if it were me, if I am trying to reach millions on the go, that is where I am going to put my biggest portion of my advertsing dollars...smack dab in front of those millions on the go.

Commuter train placards, airports, bus terminals, on buses, on billboards, on taxis, in buses, in taxis, at bus stops, on benches, at universities, in the lobby of my business, on subway trains, in train stations, inside the in-flight airline magazines stuffed in that pocket of the seat in front of you.

That is where my demographics and where my customer base is...commuting, working, walking blocks to work from the subway, on the university campus. spending hours on the trains from Boston to New York or DC on the daily commute.

They are carrying their cell phone, PDA, some their laptop right there with them. There is no need to think, "Hey, when I get home I'll have to take a look at that." Nope. It can be done on the fly. Society and the workforce is mobile...on the go.

So just because we don't see it in the traditional sense of advertising like we are used to does not mean it is not going on right before your eyes. You just don't see it.

That is the beauty of cutting edge businesses and cutting edge advertising firms...they adapt to meet the needs of the consumer. Not the other way around
    Last edited by Gerry; 07-12-2007 at 01:07 AM.

Mobility Regular

Gerry, I always like reading your posts. The way you wrap your mind around concepts and elucidate the key points is a joy to behold. And your stories are InstaClassics (hmmm, possible reg for ya)! Keep it up, you are a credit to all mobiers and well worth the price of admission.
    Oh, and the mobi ad link sticky is a great idea!
    Last edited by cobo; 07-12-2007 at 01:29 AM.
    Regards, cobo

mobile *** why.mobi *** global
    HighYield + Philanthropy = Paradigm Shift

Dagersh, good idea and thanks for the nice info (with kudos to the edmund fellow in the metro). This is just the very beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry View Post
    This is exactly what I was talking weeks ago on some threads, especially on NP.

For me, if it were me, if I am trying to reach millions on the go, that is where I am going to put my biggest portion of my advertsing dollars...smack dab in front of those millions on the go.

Commuter train placards, airports, bus terminals, on buses, on billboards, on taxis, in buses, in taxis, at bus stops, on benches, at universities, in the lobby of my business, on subway trains, in train stations, inside the in-flight airline magazines stuffed in that pocket of the seat in front of you.

So just because we don't see it in the traditional sense of advertising like we are used to does not mean it is not going on right before your eyes. You just don't see it.

That is the beauty of cutting edge businesses and cutting edge advertising firms...they adapt to meet the needs of the consumer. Not the other way around
    Gerry, excellent points about needing to be aware of the whole range of advertising venues - and a very prescient posting.
    Always enjoy your posts as well. Thanks.

-acc

Thank you. I appreciate the comments.

I was not a landrusher but saw massive potential in my own research and digging.

Being in the advertising industry for years and reading just post after post by the naysayers "why aren't they advertsing it?" "where's the TV commercials", "the newpaper and magazine ads".

My basic premise was...do you think this audience we are trying to reach are a bunch of couch potatoes sitting on their ass watching TV and reading magazines?

Got a new one for you...look just a few boxes down on the left side of this official MySpace page for Burn Energy Drink, under its "Interests" -- given the sales angle of MySpace for many products, I'd say this definitely counts!

http://www.myspace.com/burnenergydrink

Last edited by Dave; 07-12-2007 at 08:10 PM.

Default Look! Thaly's putting up .Mobi posters

Pred

BOFA Bank branches
    http://mobility.mobi/showthread.php?t=1344
    we're just waiting on photos

"High School Musical 2" ad on television!!

http://bushwacker.org/hsm2.MOV

Mobility Member

Here is the brochure that Bank Of America is using to promote its mobile banking. As you can see from the brochure, bofa.mobi is promoted.

PS, I know Pred and everyone else was looking forward to this.

Last edited by dbadt2007; 11-13-2007 at 09:59 AM.

Mobility Regular

Zagat has launched an intense Zagat.mobi advertising campaign in the NYC subway system.
    There are at least three different ads.

See thread for pics and other info:

http://mobility.mobi/showthread.php?t=4493

Default FoxNews.mobi

someone was asking for a picture of this.
    Attached Images Attached Images

thanks media rep+

Mobility Member

awesome!
    media rep+

Frankfurt.mobi advertisement.

Translation:

Alles im Griff: Everything in your hand
    Jetzt auch für unterwegs: Now also when you are on the move
    Frankfurt auf dem Handy: Frankfurt on your mobile phone

Frankfurt is the Financial and Transportation center of Germany, the world's 3rd largest economy, and one of the 2 largest financial centers in continental Europe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frankfurt

(credit to freeflow at NP)
    My .mobi's: Dating.mobi | Dubai.mobi | Adult.mobi | Banking.mobi | Student.mobi | Call.mobi | Horoscope.mobi | Messenger.mobi | Classifieds.mobi | LiveTV.mobi

| Why .mobi? | Banking | Vuelos | Airline Complaints | Random Site | Whois | Free Mobile Dating | Free Dictionary | Free Thesaurus | Horoscope | Astrology | Free Translation | Exchange Rates

Great find, nice poster!

"Alles im Griff" also means "Everything under control" (German wordplay).

Abo Apo are Arena ars Benzin Bestellung Bett Cargo Champ Charger Deko descargas Devisen Dirndl Druck Elektro Ferienhaus Galeria Goud heiss Horoscopo ICT inline Jantes Jobboerse Joias Jury Kombi Kreuzfahrt Lichtmit Mobilfunk Moveis Nails Olio Onlinekredit Parfuem pep Pisa Polizei pronto Schlagzeilen Servicio SocialMediaMarketing Spielzeug StockExchange Styling tellTerminal TFT tire Transporter Vaticano viajar vivre was wau Wein wer Zahnarzt Zeit Zubehoer

Pred

Quote Originally Posted by Andres View Post
    Frankfurt.mobi advertisement.

Translation:

Alles im Griff: Everything in your hand
    Jetzt auch für unterwegs: Now also when you are on the move
    Frankfurt auf dem Handy: Frankfurt on your mobile phone

Frankfurt is the Financial and Transportation center of Germany, the world's 3rd largest economy, and one of the 2 largest financial centers in continental Europe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frankfurt

(credit to freeflow at NP)
    shucks.mobi

Pred

Talking A4 sized ad in business section of The Times

Okay, the Times have gone a stage further.
    Last week they had a small little ad for their mobi (Timesmobile.mobi) in the paper.
    Today i was thumbing through the business section of the Times.
    Pred larging it with the broadsheets in the beer garden having sunday lunch with daughter & saw an ad the size (almost) of an A4 piece of paper in business section of times!

Here's link, i scanned in, scroll to bottom of article:
    Huge Advert

Also, interesting top left corner says in association with cisco!

Also ad was in colour but scanned in black and white for better quality
    Dunno how big your monitor is but i've got a whopper and image is virtually same sizen as ad, give an inch. (before anyone cracks joke, said the actress to the bishop lol)

Last edited by Pred; 06-08-2008 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PREDATOR View Post
    Okay, the Times have gone a stage further.
    Last week they had a small little ad for their mobi (Timesmobile.mobi) in the paper.
    Today i was thumbing through the business section of the Times.
    Pred larging it with the broadsheets in the beer garden having sunday lunch with daughter & saw an ad the size (almost) of an A4 piece of paper in business section of times!

Here's link, i scanned in, scroll to bottom of article:
    Huge Advert

Also, interesting top left corner says in association with cisco!

Also ad was in colour but scanned in black and white for better quality
    Dunno how big your monitor is but i've got a whopper and image is virtually same sizen as ad, give an inch. (before anyone cracks joke, said the actress to the bishop lol)

Awesome, thanks for posting! Rep+

Pred

no worries

actually, i just edited and uploaded a colour image of ad, as the black and white one wasn't showing the green word 'mobile'

the ad is about the real size you can see from image
    Article Link

See Below for scan:

what do you think this means that its in 'assciation with cisco'??

Great find, Pred! Maybe Cisco is running the site for them...

Very cool!

I have seen many cisco ads recently so I will have to keep my eyes out for any mention of .mobi.

That ad does mention In Association with Cisco which is odd.

Hell, rep to my biotch!

Pred

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry View Post
    Very cool!
    Let's just say it brought a smile to my face when i saw it

domainitrix

Quote Originally Posted by PREDATOR View Post

what do you think this means that its in 'assciation with cisco'??
    I think this means that cisco is sponsoring & advertising on the .mobi site.
    http://mtld.mobi/emulator.php?webadd...&Submit=Submit
    On the very top it says " Welcome to the human network Cisco" on it.

I think they have done same arrangement on The Times online TV before & this is another collaboration. Regarding that TV collaboration: on this you can see the Times advertising director stating "Our partnership with Cisco on Times Online TV is important for two reasons - firstly it demonstrates technology innovation in action, and that works well for Cisco as well as for us. Secondly, it's a strong partnership that shows how we can create advertising environments that work hard for the advertiser, and genuinely cater for audience demand."

Repped you Pred!

Pred

Quote Originally Posted by domainitrix View Post
    I think this means that cisco is sponsoring & advertising on the .mobi site.
    http://mtld.mobi/emulator.php?webadd...&Submit=Submit
    On the very top it says " Welcome to the human network Cisco" on it.

I think they have done same arrangement on The Times online TV before & this is another collaboration. Regarding that TV collaboration: on this you can see the Times advertising director stating "Our partnership with Cisco on Times Online TV is important for two reasons - firstly it demonstrates technology innovation in action, and that works well for Cisco as well as for us. Secondly, it's a strong partnership that shows how we can create advertising environments that work hard for the advertiser, and genuinely cater for audience demand."

Repped you Pred!
    cool. thanks for info
    repped you back sherlock

Mobility Regular

On my way home through one of Tokyo's most busy subway (Hanzomon/Denentoshi subway/train lines which run through Shibuya), I stubbled upon an advertisement featuring .mobi

slowly but surely, .mobi making its way to the public in Japan!

(This company is advertising woman-to-woman exquisite English lessons)
    Click on the images to see a larger version

(from Wikipedia):
    "Shibuya Station, one of Tokyo's busiest railway stations. Shibuya is known as one of the fashion centers of Japan, particularly for young people, and as a major nightlife area."
    13,540 persons per km². The total area is 15.11 km².

http://www.b-cafe.net/
    http://www.b-cafe.mobi/

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MobileDesigner; 10-14-2008 at 06:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MobileDesigner View Post
    On my way home through one of Tokyo's most busy subway (Hanzomon/Denentoshi subway/train lines which run through Shibuya), I stubbled upon an advertisement featuring .mobi

slowly but surely, .mobi making its way to the public in Japan!

(This company is advertising woman-to-woman exquisite English lessons)
    Click on the images to see a larger version

(from Wikipedia):
    "Shibuya Station, one of Tokyo's busiest railway stations. Shibuya is known as one of the fashion centers of Japan, particularly for young people, and as a major nightlife area."
    13,540 persons per km². The total area is 15.11 km².

http://www.b-cafe.net/
    http://www.b-cafe.mobi/

Cool !!!

Do you have time to read ads in the Tokyo subway ? They push you in with some kind of Broom isn't ?

Martin
    <signature police forced me to remove my image that was too large and had nothing to do with a mobi site >

Autodisk.mobi - all dutch carspecs | Manage all your holiday accommodations with our online manager.

Mobility Regular

nice thread!
    would be nice to have some photo gallery with captions only

To look into the eye of another in a crowded train isnt polite so most of the advertisements hang from the top side. when its least crowded (students and housewives commute during this time. men who go home during irregular times usually have another ambition than the regular systematic/traditional worklife) the ads are lower and by/on the windows of the train/subway.

Great cultural lessons from around the globe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast