Thread: Shut it down

Default Shut it down

Perhaps it's time to lay this site to rest?!

I pop in about 3-4 times a year now and see nothing but spam. Sad indeed! Dot mobi could have been big but for various reasons the extension failed, never to recover.

I know, I know...some still think .mobi could come back. I'm here to say, not in this lifetime. The ship has sailed folks! So now the question is...why does anyone visit this site? Time to let it go IMO

RIP... It's a wasteland anyway.

Founding Member

gotta say i never thought the forum would get THIS dead. but i was positive like 90% of the people posting back during the hype era would not be around in 5 years time...just cause thats the way forums work and peoples enthusiasm was WAY too high (read hype ) but i never saw this coming....

knew .mobi values would fall DRASTICALLY but i never woulda thought this drastically.. shows you the value of sitting and waiting and watching i guess. i still have a few .mobi but dropped/dropping almost all 2 word .mobi's... aint a whole lot special about most 2 word .mobi's now that hundreds/thousands of gTLD's will roll out....

the reason i still pop in here? to moderate the forum of course..

Mobility Regular

...or just add some Google ads and make a few $s a month. There is a lot of mobile activity on other platforms like Twitter, maybe the days of forums are over? Why is ther more activity within threads on a non mobile forum like NP http://www.namepros.com/dot-mobi ? Maybe this forum (mobility.mobi) has too many categories? I think many people can't handle too many choices/categories. This forum should be 1# when it comes to mobile, but the world can be a strange place sometimes....

Founding Member

Quote Originally Posted by freeflow View Post
    ...or just add some Google ads and make a few $s a month. There is a lot of mobile activity on other platforms like Twitter, maybe the days of forums are over? Why is ther more activity within threads on a non mobile forum like NP http://www.namepros.com/dot-mobi ? Maybe this forum (mobility.mobi) has too many categories? I think many people can't handle too many choices/categories. This forum should be 1# when it comes to mobile, but the world can be a strange place sometimes....

more activity on NP mobile section? i mean i guess.. but its like comparing two tiny ants.

ive always thought there were way too many categories here.. way way too many too read. however this forum was initially built around .mobi domaining - so i dont think it should be #1 for "mobile" since there were other mobile phone sites before this (e.g. howardforums)

I pop in to see old friends every so often, but really, it would be better if you just found me on Twitter or LinkedIn. Sad. This place used to be so much fun.
    Need a developer? MobileSiteStore.com | More good stuff at Drosty.com
    Accepting Quality guest posts via PM only for mobiEnthusiast.mobi
    (NO press releases or story ideas, completed, unique articles only
    )

Founding Member

Quote Originally Posted by coast View Post
    I pop in to see old friends every so often, but really, it would be better if you just found me on Twitter or LinkedIn. Sad. This place used to be so much fun.
    yeah but a lot of the "fun" was hype.

people thinking they can prop up a TLD or "help it along" by developing half ass sites... people fed on each others enthuisasm and read way more into things than should have been.

Mobility Regular

too bad, too sad

he forum is dead .mobi is not, the launch of multiple extensions will make people openminded for mobi
    while you sleep i harvest