Thread: Rick Schwartz Introduction

Default Rick Schwartz Introduction

Hey Guys!
    This is probably my first and could be my last post depending if I get kicked off.
    I am not into spamming and did not see a category for domain name sales.

I was the fool that bought flowers.mobi for $200k and later sold it for $6500
    So I am not a successful .mobi operator.

With that said I am getting out of the .mobi business but I do have probably one of the largest portfolio of NNN.mobi names if there is interest in that. Also have a few meaningful and short one word domains.

Like I said, I am not into spamming. So all I will say is that I listed it on my blog today. I won't even post my blog url but I would assume you can figure it out.

Thanks and maybe I should have found this place sooner!

Mods can remove or move. Thanks!

Founding Member

bump.. not sure what caused the auto-moderation but post is now visible

Assuming this is real...
    Welcome Rick. There are a few of us left here, among the weeds. I am not a mod, but I expect you can post where you see fit. There is a sales section, there are almost no buyers in it, but well.

Hate to see you backing off on Mobi. We here have been considering the chance that Google would buy Afilias. There was a story that mentioned Google buying Mobi in the British "Telegraph" paper, denied by Afilias. It would be a very good fit and Google already has partnerships with goMobi.

------------------------------
    (edit) It is here: http://www.ricksblog.com/
    Last edited by Accent; 09-10-2012 at 11:08 PM.
    http://tibetanjewelry.mobi
    "First they ignore you. Then they ridicule you. Then they fight you. And then you win."
    -Gandhi

Default It's real

Quote Originally Posted by Accent View Post
    Assuming this is real...
    Welcome Rick. There are a few of us left here, among the weeds. I am not a mod, but I expect you can post where you see fit. There is a sales section, there are almost no buyers in it, but well.

Hate to see you backing off on Mobi. We here have been considering the chance that Google would buy Afilias - it is a very good fit and Google already has partnerships with goMobi.
    Wow, that is the first time I've heard of google having potential interest in afilias. They have a strong interest in gtld applications so that may be where that is coming from for the future. I'm heavy into .pro domains but found the forum after agreeing to develop cruises.mobi

I can tell you that the Rick Schwartz post is 100% genuine. Just visit his blog by searching 'ricksblog' on google. It ends with a .com

Default Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by mjnels View Post
    bump.. not sure what caused the auto-moderation but post is now visible
    Thank you mjnels.

Founding Member

Welcome aboard Rick & cruisesmobi.

It is pretty quiet here but some of us check in from time to time. If you haven't been following mobile development much here are some things you might want to check out:

Gomobi is MTLD's easy to use mobile site builder. Nothing too fancy but a solid tool to develop a very practical mobile site that has the main information mobile users are looking for. Things like business location & directions, business hours, phone number, specials, etc. GoMobi can be used with any TLD as well as Mobi:

GoMobi.com

As an example here is a company using a GoMobi type site to promote free limo rides to the DC airport:

http://www.admerk.mobi/

One of my favorite mobile reads is Mobile Mondays at SearchEngineLand.com. There is a weekly newsletter you can sign up for:

http://searchengineland.com/10-simpl...ile-seo-129100

MobileMarketer.com is a another great newsletter to sign up to to follow the larger companies and their mobile marketing trends.

And though the tea leaves have been stirred much too often with Mobi, all one has to do is look at MTLD's FaceBook page to wonder if something might be up between Mobi and Google in the future:

http://www.facebook.com/dotMobi

Best of luck with the development of Cruises.mobi.
    C.T. Kirkpatrick
    Austin Texas
    Akron.mobi

Thumbs up Thanks.

Great information Think. Thanks for posting.

Welcome Rick & cruisesmobi. I wish you great success in the Cruise project. Hope it'll raise the profile of .mobi somehow. There are still people using .mobi in development. An example is citizen.mobi which was sold recently (as I understand) and now it's a site sellling mobile development services.
    Last edited by ChinaMobi; 09-11-2012 at 09:23 PM.

Thanks Guys!
    Thanks C.T. I will check those links out.

Rick, welcome. We're glad to have you. It's a shame we didn't see you in 2007 or the whole picture might have been different. Please let me know if I can assist you. My blog is in semi-mothballs but it still pulls international traffic, http://mobienthusiast.mobi.

I'm the guest speaker on a mobile twitter chat tonight so if you'd like to chime in at the end that would be fine with me. It's 9 p.m. Eastern / 6 Pacific with the hashtag #mobilechat. The focus is not .mobi but I will bring it up on the SEO and dedicated mobile site portion of the chat.
    Need a developer? MobileSiteStore.com | More good stuff at Drosty.com
    Accepting Quality guest posts via PM only for mobiEnthusiast.mobi
    (NO press releases or story ideas, completed, unique articles only
    )

Mobility Regular

Welcome Rick!
    I knew about the dotMobi names that you were selling from your blog http://www.ricksblog.com/.
    I scanned the list quickly for my area code but it wasn't on there. Good to see that cruises.mobi was sold with a "plan".

As far as I know, cruises.mobi was not sold. Rick still has the ownership but any revenue from the domain will be shared 50/50 between Rick and our cruisesmobi member on this forum.