Thread: 16 Differences Between Google Mobile & Desktop Search Results In 2012

Founding Member

Default 16 Differences Between Google Mobile & Desktop Search Results In 2012

Websites and mobile search. According to this blog on Search Engine Land there does appear to be differences in the way Google serves up mobile search results in comparison with desk top results:

16 Differences Between Google Mobile & Desktop Search Results In 2012
    Aug 20, 2012 at 1:18pm ET by Bryson Meunier
    n May of last year, I shared 14 ways they’re different. This year some differences have disappeared and others have taken their place, but in all, there are at least 16 known differences between Google smartphone results and Google desktop results as of this writing. Google announces separate changes for mobile and desktop in their search quality updates, so the fact that there are some differences between mobile and desktop results that marketers should be aware of shouldn’t be too controversial by now. Yet, I know this is a counterintuitive and even an unpopular notion in SEO at the moment.
    In June, Pierre Far of Google said that smartphone results are “basically the same,” as desktop results. And in the beginning of 2012, Rand Fishkin of SEOMoz said the impact of mobile on SEO would be “negligible” due to search results that were “pretty device agnostic.”
    Yet, in spite of these comments, I’ve cataloged at least 16 differences below. If you’ve been keeping track, that’s two more than in May of last year, so mobile and desktop search results don’t seem to be varying any less over time.....

Full article:
    http://searchengineland.com/16-diffe...in-2012-130463
    C.T. Kirkpatrick
    Austin Texas
    Akron.mobi

Default Difference between Google and desktop mobile SEO

Which is best Google mobile SEO or desktop mobile SEO? I am new for mobile SEO can you suggest how to work for mobile seo?