Thread: its finally here JOOMLA 1.5stable

Default its finally here JOOMLA 1.5stable

http://joomla.org/

i woke up to see they finally have 1.5stable....this is going to be AWESOME for mobile sites. (wont have to hack the core to take out tables) etc etc

for anyone interested in it http://physicist.phpnet.us/ has mobile templates and modules..

im so excited i dont think im going to do my "real " job today....

"While this release marks a major milestone in our history, it also marks a new beginning. The next phase offers the opportunity to bring together the code created, lessons learned, and momentum gained, to build something truly great. "

Mobility Member

hi, I'm learning xhtml and css at the moment, but I keep hearing about joomla is it worth me getting a book on this? how/will it be helpful in building mobile sites?

thanks highrolla

Pred

Quote Originally Posted by highrolla View Post
    hi, I'm learning xhtml and css at the moment, but I keep hearing about joomla is it worth me getting a book on this? how/will it be helpful in building mobile sites?

thanks highrolla
    we're in the same place brother

man, i guess its all on you, ..those skills would come in pretty handy i would say and maybe you have the php and other skills to make a cool, powerful content management website.. i dont ..so i look at it this way....i can NOT make the tool BUT i can use the tool...

once you learn the in's and out's its a fast and easy way to put up a site that can do a lot of stuff..and its FREE...

not that they are anything special but the sites in my sig are all joomla core sites. i did the directory sites in about an hour each ..
    i could never do this from scratch (ie scripts,coding,programing and so on)

i really dont know were to go with an answer to your question other then:
    if you learn how to use joomla and the tools..its just like using a real powerful mobisitegalore. Fast and Easy and you can do some pretty cool things..

this site was made quite a few months ago using joomla (not mine) lmpoker.mobi it was the first mobile joomla site i saw back in May'ish/June'ish

Mobility Member

thanks for reply, I bought the tutorial book for joomla 1.5 so I'll let you know how i get on with it.

thanks highrolla

Is there a tutorial for making this mobi compatible?
    Need a developer? MobileSiteStore.com | More good stuff at Drosty.com
    Accepting Quality guest posts via PM only for mobiEnthusiast.mobi
    (NO press releases or story ideas, completed, unique articles only
    )

Howdy ... just wanted to let you know that there's a new Joomla kid on the block...

Inspired by your postings, I decided to go out and research CMS offerings; my first pick to try is Joomla 1.5 and although I haven't actually got anything built yet, I must say that I'm quite pumped by the possibilities a CMS could offer - it has just opened up a whole new world to me!

It's like, "where have you been my whole life?" Especially with all the extensions out there. Lots of templates too, although I'm still inclined to build my own, if I can figure it out.

What I like the most is having a solution out of the box (and free) to integrate all kinds of web features without having to program them. This might make my goal of developing hundreds of sites into a reality... and allow me to dual serve pc-friendly as well as mobi-friendly pages.

I've already found an iphone-optimized template, which could probably serve as a base for other phones, and I'll try those you've already mentioned.

Lot's of fun ahead!

Mobility Regular

Does this new version score any better with ready.mobi??