Thread: Suggestions for enabling current CMS for mobile site

First time poster!

Question Suggestions for enabling current CMS for mobile site

Hello. This is my first post here. I was hoping people could provide me some suggestions.

I work for a luxury goods company and we are currently trying to implement a mobile version of our website. Right now I'm looking at how we convert our current CMS (for the normal desktop website) so that it supports our up and coming mobile website as well.

How would you suggest that we augment our current CMS so that it supports our mobile website? What changes to our CMS would you suggest? What extras might our CMS need to support the mobile site? What might I want to keep in mind with this project? Has anyone done a project like this before? What did you do to your CMS to enable mobile website support?

Any help on the subject would be very much appreciated. I want the CMS to support both the desktop website as well as the mobile website. I do not want two separate CMSes for this, just one.

Thanks for any help that you can provide.

Welcome dogscot. Is it possible you could just make another version with a mobile-friendly stylesheet? With Wordpress, for example, you don't have to change anything in the backend, just what the browser shows. You want to keep data on any page at 20kb or less so the ultimate customers don't get charged a lot for data and so the site loads quickly.

Shopify and Magento, for example, have mobile templates now. You could experiment with how those work and take what you learn to adapt your custom CMS.
    Need a developer? MobileSiteStore.com | More good stuff at Drosty.com
    Accepting Quality guest posts via PM only for mobiEnthusiast.mobi
    (NO press releases or story ideas, completed, unique articles only
    )