Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: google.mobi?

  1. #1
    Mobility Regular Pitchman101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Denver, (morrison) Colorado
    Posts
    224

    Question google.mobi?

    what gives.
    google.mobi exists, ( sort of )
    I do not understand how a company as powerful as google, and a backer of .mobi, can sit back and not exploit its position with respect to .mobi?.
    I would think that if google actualy set up google.mobi , independantly from m.google.mobi, or any other .whatever, the game would be over!.
    no more what if this!, what if that!, right?.
    So what gives with google?.
    Why arent the other investors in .mobi pushing google to get in the game?.
    For that matter, has anyone checked to see how many .mobi financers are actualy .mobi clients?.
    Also. There is a google.mobi who is, requesting ( be the first to comment about this website.)
    What about a blits on something like this from .mobi developers/marketers/domainers, complaining about googles implied lack of interest in one of its own companys, hense, its own html ?.
    Pitchman101

  2. #2
    MobiEnthusiast coast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    4,720

    Default

    This is one of the great mysteries of .mobi. When you solve it, please let us know. In the meantime, Nokia and Microsoft are doing double duty with many active .mobi names between them.
    Need a developer? MobileSiteStore.com | More good stuff at Drosty.com
    Accepting Quality guest posts via PM only for mobiEnthusiast.mobi
    (NO press releases or story ideas, completed, unique articles only
    )

  3. #3
    Mobility Regular Accent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Port Townsend, WA USA
    Posts
    641

    Default

    My favorite fantasy is that Google is waiting to get G.mobi. The big push comes from there.

    Just dreaming. ...
    http://tibetanjewelry.mobi
    "First they ignore you. Then they ridicule you. Then they fight you. And then you win."
    -Gandhi

  4. #4
    Pred
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Accent View Post
    My favorite fantasy is that Google is waiting to get G.mobi. The big push comes from there.

    Just dreaming. ...
    mywetdream.mobi also

    see here: http://okok.com/hey-google-gmobi-is-...f-youre-quick/

    google are harder to contact and get a reply than the president himself though.
    this link and piece is designed to be forwarded to the right people, so anyone here reading this thread, see article and feel free to forward to right people at google

    i mean its free for lords sake, they spunked loads of cash on g.cn

    also yahoo have even tm'ed y.com so they can nail that puppy one day when icann auction off the single letter/digit.coms

  5. #5
    Mobility Member wappy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    59

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pred View Post
    mywetdream.mobi also

    see here: http://okok.com/hey-google-gmobi-is-...f-youre-quick/

    google are harder to contact and get a reply than the president himself though.
    this link and piece is designed to be forwarded to the right people, so anyone here reading this thread, see article and feel free to forward to right people at google

    i mean its free for lords sake, they spunked loads of cash on g.cn

    also yahoo have even tm'ed y.com so they can nail that puppy one day when icann auction off the single letter/digit.coms

    I wouldn't totally agree about the contact thing, one of my sites when the url was typed to google had a link at top like "Did you mean www.url-of-my-main-competition.com"?? I emailed them and i didn't get a reply but it WAS removed from the search listings much to my delight.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,425

    Default

    Just took a look at google.mobi just because I haven't done it in years and think it is so funny that they put up a page telling people to type m.google.com into phones.

  7. #7
    Mobility Regular morse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Mumbai, India
    Posts
    579

    Default

    They are advertising mobilemoves.in in my country via the idiot-box. Couldnt they use google.mobi instead ?? Crazy people they are !! Guess they hate dot Mobi

  8. #8
    Senior Member gogo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    planet Gogon - M25 class planet
    Posts
    3,452

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by morse View Post
    They are advertising mobilemoves.in in my country via the idiot-box. Couldnt they use google.mobi instead ?? Crazy people they are !! Guess they hate dot Mobi
    The video is almost the only thing on that page and is weirdly simple - it just seems to say mobile is coming and nothing else. Do you have those big old wooden windmills in India that they put in the video?

    I'm curious whether someone in India sees that domain as a phrase "Mobile Moves In" or if they automatically ignore the familiar .in at the end?

    I ignore familiar extensions without thinking about it. If I saw b.org I'd think "letter b" - not Borg! But then it all gets assimilated.

  9. #9
    Mobility Regular morse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Mumbai, India
    Posts
    579

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gogo View Post
    The video is almost the only thing on that page and is weirdly simple - it just seems to say mobile is coming and nothing else. Do you have those big old wooden windmills in India that they put in the video?

    I'm curious whether someone in India sees that domain as a phrase "Mobile Moves In" or if they automatically ignore the familiar .in at the end?

    I ignore familiar extensions without thinking about it. If I saw b.org I'd think "letter b" - not Borg! But then it all gets assimilated.
    The End Viewer cannot make a heads or tails of the domain being a complete name. I guess Google forgot to inform the advertisers (TV ads) to brand "MOBILE MOVES IN" in its completeness. The ads rather just publish a link i.e. mobilemoves.in , Hence I usually read it as Mobile Moves Dot In instead of Mobile Moves In

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-04-2009, 01:50 AM
  2. Google going mobile with Google Book Search - CNET News
    By Scavenger in forum Mobile Industry News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-06-2009, 03:21 AM
  3. compare m.google.com/mail with mail.google.mobi
    By domain2mobi in forum News & Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-25-2008, 02:09 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-16-2008, 07:50 PM
  5. Google.mobi in Google SERP...
    By webecri in forum News & Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-15-2007, 12:12 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
A Yup.mobi Mobile Site
Mobile Dating