Thread: google.mobi?

Question google.mobi?

what gives.
    google.mobi exists, ( sort of )
    I do not understand how a company as powerful as google, and a backer of .mobi, can sit back and not exploit its position with respect to .mobi?.
    I would think that if google actualy set up google.mobi , independantly from m.google.mobi, or any other .whatever, the game would be over!.
    no more what if this!, what if that!, right?.
    So what gives with google?.
    Why arent the other investors in .mobi pushing google to get in the game?.
    For that matter, has anyone checked to see how many .mobi financers are actualy .mobi clients?.
    Also. There is a google.mobi who is, requesting ( be the first to comment about this website.)
    What about a blits on something like this from .mobi developers/marketers/domainers, complaining about googles implied lack of interest in one of its own companys, hense, its own html ?.
    Pitchman101

This is one of the great mysteries of .mobi. When you solve it, please let us know. In the meantime, Nokia and Microsoft are doing double duty with many active .mobi names between them.
    Need a developer? MobileSiteStore.com | More good stuff at Drosty.com
    Accepting Quality guest posts via PM only for mobiEnthusiast.mobi
    (NO press releases or story ideas, completed, unique articles only
    )

My favorite fantasy is that Google is waiting to get G.mobi. The big push comes from there.

Just dreaming. ...
    http://tibetanjewelry.mobi
    "First they ignore you. Then they ridicule you. Then they fight you. And then you win."
    -Gandhi

Pred

Quote Originally Posted by Accent View Post
    My favorite fantasy is that Google is waiting to get G.mobi. The big push comes from there.

Just dreaming. ...
    mywetdream.mobi also

see here: http://okok.com/hey-google-gmobi-is-...f-youre-quick/

google are harder to contact and get a reply than the president himself though.
    this link and piece is designed to be forwarded to the right people, so anyone here reading this thread, see article and feel free to forward to right people at google

i mean its free for lords sake, they spunked loads of cash on g.cn

also yahoo have even tm'ed y.com so they can nail that puppy one day when icann auction off the single letter/digit.coms

Quote Originally Posted by Pred View Post
    mywetdream.mobi also

see here: http://okok.com/hey-google-gmobi-is-...f-youre-quick/

google are harder to contact and get a reply than the president himself though.
    this link and piece is designed to be forwarded to the right people, so anyone here reading this thread, see article and feel free to forward to right people at google

i mean its free for lords sake, they spunked loads of cash on g.cn

also yahoo have even tm'ed y.com so they can nail that puppy one day when icann auction off the single letter/digit.coms

I wouldn't totally agree about the contact thing, one of my sites when the url was typed to google had a link at top like "Did you mean www.url-of-my-main-competition.com"?? I emailed them and i didn't get a reply but it WAS removed from the search listings much to my delight.

Just took a look at google.mobi just because I haven't done it in years and think it is so funny that they put up a page telling people to type m.google.com into phones.

They are advertising mobilemoves.in in my country via the idiot-box. Couldnt they use google.mobi instead ?? Crazy people they are !! Guess they hate dot Mobi

Quote Originally Posted by morse View Post
    They are advertising mobilemoves.in in my country via the idiot-box. Couldnt they use google.mobi instead ?? Crazy people they are !! Guess they hate dot Mobi
    The video is almost the only thing on that page and is weirdly simple - it just seems to say mobile is coming and nothing else. Do you have those big old wooden windmills in India that they put in the video?

I'm curious whether someone in India sees that domain as a phrase "Mobile Moves In" or if they automatically ignore the familiar .in at the end?

I ignore familiar extensions without thinking about it. If I saw b.org I'd think "letter b" - not Borg! But then it all gets assimilated.

Quote Originally Posted by gogo View Post
    The video is almost the only thing on that page and is weirdly simple - it just seems to say mobile is coming and nothing else. Do you have those big old wooden windmills in India that they put in the video?

I'm curious whether someone in India sees that domain as a phrase "Mobile Moves In" or if they automatically ignore the familiar .in at the end?

I ignore familiar extensions without thinking about it. If I saw b.org I'd think "letter b" - not Borg! But then it all gets assimilated.
    The End Viewer cannot make a heads or tails of the domain being a complete name. I guess Google forgot to inform the advertisers (TV ads) to brand "MOBILE MOVES IN" in its completeness. The ads rather just publish a link i.e. mobilemoves.in , Hence I usually read it as Mobile Moves Dot In instead of Mobile Moves In