Thread: Fasten your seatbelts: IBERIA.mobi

Cool Fasten your seatbelts: IBERIA.mobi

Iberia.com now available via your mobile or PDA on www.iberia.mobi with versions optimised for each type of terminal and service.
    Timetable
    Flight Offers
    Telephone Contacts
    Flight Arrivals and Departures

Go to www.iberia.com to find out!!!

http://www.tecnobiz.com/iberia-lanza...al-iberia.mobi

Living and Lovin in North Carolina, y'all.

Another one bites the bullet and join the ranks of the lowly .mobi.

Tis a shame.

HA!

Wow..wow..wow..

One of europe main airlines has a .mobi..

Cool !

Martin
    <signature police forced me to remove my image that was too large and had nothing to do with a mobi site >

Autodisk.mobi - all dutch carspecs | Manage all your holiday accommodations with our online manager.

Wow why did they do that? Surely all their customers have desktop PCs and won't respect a company using a crap name like mobi??? Since when do their customers have the nerve to move about???

rep+
    Last edited by gogo; 01-19-2008 at 01:41 PM. Reason: rep

domainitrix

Great!

Some stats from wikipedia
    In 2006 the airline reported a net profit of €56.7 million (€395 million in 2005) — its 11th consecutive year of profits. Iberia transported 27,799,000 passengers in 2006 (27,675,000 in 2005).
    On April 3, 2001, Iberia was privatized and included in the IBEX-35 stock index of the Madrid stock exchange. The core shareholders are: Caja Madrid – 23.45%, British Airways 10%, SEPI – 5.20%, El Corte Inglés – 2.90% [3] British Airways has raised its stake in Iberia by purchasing American Airlines' remaining shares, reportedly paying £13m for the small shareholding. This increases the total stake in Iberia to around 10% and preserves its two seats on the Iberia board [4]. British Airways also has first right to purchase another 32% of Iberia's shares. Consequently any takeover of Iberia will require the approval of British Airways. However it is widely suggested that British Airways will takeover 49% of Iberia's shares as airline consolidation in Europe heats up.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by domainitrix View Post
    Great!

Some stats from wikipedia
    In 2006 the airline reported a net profit of €56.7 million (€395 million in 2005) — its 11th consecutive year of profits. Iberia transported 27,799,000 passengers in 2006 (27,675,000 in 2005).
    On April 3, 2001, Iberia was privatized and included in the IBEX-35 stock index of the Madrid stock exchange. The core shareholders are: Caja Madrid – 23.45%, British Airways 10%, SEPI – 5.20%, El Corte Inglés – 2.90% [3] British Airways has raised its stake in Iberia by purchasing American Airlines' remaining shares, reportedly paying £13m for the small shareholding. This increases the total stake in Iberia to around 10% and preserves its two seats on the Iberia board [4]. British Airways also has first right to purchase another 32% of Iberia's shares. Consequently any takeover of Iberia will require the approval of British Airways. However it is widely suggested that British Airways will takeover 49% of Iberia's shares as airline consolidation in Europe heats up.
    Good research. domainitrix: This is a global .mobi promotor!!! BIG

Pred

.Mobi ....cleared for take off.

rep.

domainitrix

They have the Iberia.com and not .mobi on the site so I have written to Iberia's International Press dept. about it( for correction to .mobi) ,citing the sas.mobi, schiphol.mobi , spain's rail Renfe.mobi ( along with other international corpoation's .mobis).

If you're also in the mood to inspire them, here is their address...

[email protected]

http://grupo.iberia.es/portal/site/g...4a195d21061ca/

Pred

They have the Iberia.com and not .mobi on the site so I have written to Iberia's International Press dept. about it( for correction to .mobi) ,citing the sas.mobi, schiphol.mobi , spain's rail Renfe.mobi ( along with other international corpoation's .mobis).

If you're also in the mood to inspire them, here is their address...

[email protected]

http://grupo.iberia.es/portal/site/g...4a195d21061ca/
    repped

i think it has autodetect on though? maybe different if accessing from mobile device/

domainitrix

Quote Originally Posted by PREDATOR View Post
    repped

i think it has autodetect on though? maybe different if accessing from mobile device/
    Thanks Pred!

I have checked their site on my mobile. Nope-- no auto detection happening ( & changing the logo to .mobi) It is .com on my PC and same on my mobile.

Another big one, folks, this just keeps getting better and better.

Now that I'm living in Barcelona, I actually fly Iberia all the time, so I'm very happy to see this one. They're members of the OneWorld Alliance together with American Airlines and British Airways, as well, so this is very good news.

Rep+ to GeMulder for bringing us yet another juicy catch!

P.S. They've apparently had the site running since November, how did we miss this one?!
    My .mobi's: Dating.mobi | Dubai.mobi | Adult.mobi | Banking.mobi | Student.mobi | Call.mobi | Horoscope.mobi | Messenger.mobi | Classifieds.mobi | LiveTV.mobi

Developed: Yup.mobi | Mobility
    | Why .mobi? | Banking | Vuelos | Airline Complaints | Random Site | Whois | Free Mobile Dating | Free Dictionary | Free Thesaurus | Horoscope | Astrology | Free Translation | Exchange Rates

Gemulder, take me to your dealer! I want what you are having...
    Repped by the nth time for bringing relevant news.

Pred is right, there is auto-detect from the UK, but you can see the cached page here
    http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cache...ient=firefox-a

This company is important for South American destinations, so I assume they'll see advertising about iberia.mobi in those countries too at some point
    Javier Marti _/_/_/_/ Founder, futurist, consultant
    Trendirama.com, Trendinews.com, Trendirama.TV
    Author of "Mobile, Domains & The Future"

Quote Originally Posted by Javier Marti View Post
    Gemulder, take me to your dealer! I want what you are having...
    Repped by the nth time for bringing relevant news.

Pred is right, there is auto-detect from the UK, but you can see the cached page here

This company is important for South American destinations, so I assume they'll see advertising about iberia.mobi in those countries too at some point
    Seems like Gemulder has time 2much

Not a good sign for somebody with a zillion domains...

No serious...good work Gerard. It's nice to all those nice sites popping up...

Martin
    <signature police forced me to remove my image that was too large and had nothing to do with a mobi site >

Autodisk.mobi - all dutch carspecs | Manage all your holiday accommodations with our online manager.

domainitrix

Quote Originally Posted by Javier Marti View Post

Correct, but the LOGO says Iberia.com on their .mobi site. It would be much cuter with Iberia.mobi, don't ya'll think?
    ---> [email protected]

Just a minor news coming out from Ghana that I picked up today...

Iberia's www.iberia.com website has launched a new function on the cell phone-enabled version of the site, via www.iberia.mobi which allows customers to reserve any Iberia air ticket using cell phones or other mobile device.
    Source: http://www.businessghana.com/portal/...id=1&id=173068

I have checked their site on my mobile. Nope-- no auto detection happening ( & changing the logo to .mobi) It is .com on my PC and same on my mobile.
    On my Android phone, if I type iberia.com into the browser, it auto detects and redirects to iberia.mobi. However, if I type iberia.mobi on my PC, it does not auto detects and redirects. The mobile site is very simple and easy to use. The question remains: why a separate, .mobi site?

Mobility Regular

I don't understand why they have two different domains. All I know is that this is great news for mobi. Thanks for sharing.