Thread: Mobile payments

Mobility Member

Default Mobile payments

Starbucks just launched a mobile payment system for Android this week. It seems that more and more companies are offering ways for customers to pay for their purchases with the mobile phones. Is it likely that one superior mobile payment system eventually be in place? I think it is possible but not extremely likely, at least not in the near future. What do you guys think?

Talya Shoup Burnett
    PR Manager
    Sponsormob

Thats true, given that NFC and bluetooth based credit / money transfer solutions are already competing against each other, only the most superior payment system which wont create loads of hassle would eventually become the norm of the day.

Is Google working with credit card companies to make its NFC technology a standard?

Mobility Regular FilipinoFood.com's Avatar

`
    Last edited by FilipinoFood.com; 07-13-2011 at 11:24 PM.
    HTML Code:
    <iframe width=100% height=300 name="webchat" src="http://widget.mibbit.com/?settings=de9a2e413dbb2d2bd2dd11f47d5e3df9&server=irc.Mibbit.Net&channel=%23webmasterradio&autoConnect=true&nick=WMR%3F%3F%3F"></iframe>

First time poster!

Default Mobile Payments Explained

As a Mobile Brand Performance Network we take pride in our knowledge of mobile technologies. I would say that mobile payments are become more and more of a reality very quickly.

It is hard to make any solid predictions for the future as the space is changing so rapidly. For those of you who are visual learners and would like something to look at there is a nice INFOGRAPHIC and article for you available on Mashable which will explain a bit more about the future of mobile payments.

In regards to NFC, (also touched on in the article) I believe it is the most prominant technology currently for mobile payments and has a real strong future.

Welcome John. I think mobile payment is just natural and an evolution: from cash to credit card to phone.

Mobility Regular

? Payments through mobile devices the future?? It's not the future, it's the norm. The US is way behind. I have a laptop I bought while living in japan which I purchased 6 years ago which when you place your Eddy-equiped phone (all of them have this except for iPhone n android), you can instantly make a purchase from the device.

Its not the future...it's the norm. the US isn't going along with this as big corporations want to capitalize on this. IMO

You are right, MobileDesigner. When it comes to high tech services/products, the frontier is Japan/Asia. Keitai Saifu (wallet on phone?) has been around in Japan for quite a while. How about one-seg TV on your phone?

Mobility Member

Japanese technology is futuristic in approach though i am still fan of U.S technology.
    Mobile payments should be more secured and should allow a certain limit only.

Mobility Member

Mobile banking is really growing. But I still think that security is a major concern for many. What can be done to enhance security?