Thread: Admob closed my account without any notification

Default Admob closed my account without any notification

I’ve been robbed by Admob, they closed my account without any notification and took my earnings unlawfully. Reason was possibility of illegal clicks. This is outrages, how could they close an account without any breach of terms without notification?

I’ve sent many emails without any luck, they simply blank you as you would expect from a criminal. This is very unprofessional. How can a company like google do this?

This is happening across the board.

Adsense, sedo and now admob. I'm sure it will not be to long before others will follow.

alot of admob accounts closed in last period.... including mine

I'm sure they've covered their butts in the TOS that users agree to when signing up. Unprofessional? Sure. Unlawful? That's for a court to decide.

Mobility Regular FilipinoFood.com's Avatar

`
    Last edited by FilipinoFood.com; 04-24-2011 at 01:58 PM.
    HTML Code:
    <iframe width=100% height=300 name="webchat" src="http://widget.mibbit.com/?settings=de9a2e413dbb2d2bd2dd11f47d5e3df9&server=irc.Mibbit.Net&channel=%23webmasterradio&autoConnect=true&nick=WMR%3F%3F%3F"></iframe>

Mobility Regular

Since Google purchased admob things have changed a lot. I used to make money from admob. Not now.

`
    Last edited by FilipinoFood.com; 04-24-2011 at 01:57 PM.
    HTML Code:
    <iframe width=100% height=300 name="webchat" src="http://widget.mibbit.com/?settings=de9a2e413dbb2d2bd2dd11f47d5e3df9&server=irc.Mibbit.Net&channel=%23webmasterradio&autoConnect=true&nick=WMR%3F%3F%3F"></iframe>

`
    Last edited by FilipinoFood.com; 04-24-2011 at 01:57 PM.
    HTML Code:

Founding Member

Quote Originally Posted by namelot View Post
    Since Google purchased admob things have changed a lot. I used to make money from admob. Not now.
    google strikes again...
    C.T. Kirkpatrick
    Austin Texas
    Akron.mobi

Admob has been suspending a lot of publisher accounts. Their biggest victims are app publishers. While a mobile web publisher can always register a new account and change ad codes, app publishers cant do the same (especially not for already installed apps).
    While I myself did not get suspended, the earnings are almost akin to suspension. The clicks and impressions have increased at my end but cumulative earnings have lowered. Been having bad times with all mobile advertising network. A bigger idiotic act done by me was, I decided to try other mobile advertising networks, most of them ripped off my traffic without any benefit. Have tried MobiAdz, BuzzCity, Vserv (they were the biggest s-u-c-k-e-r-s), Inmobi. Wanted to try Mojiva and Admoda, but their payment thresholds are quite big.

`
    Last edited by FilipinoFood.com; 04-24-2011 at 01:56 PM.
    HTML Code:

Mobility Member

It is weird how they decide in a night, go ahead and close large number of accounts. That includes very big publishers AFAI read on the net. I don't think google wanted to save money by closing some accounts. Issue here is that their way of closing accounts. No notification no warning no nothing. It isn't healthy relationship. In fact google's attitude shows that they don't even care about publishers. Probably because google too big to care about small.

IMHO regardless the size of the company, if you don't value your customers you will eventually fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Scandiman View Post
    I'm sure they've covered their butts in the TOS that users agree to when signing up. Unprofessional? Sure. Unlawful? That's for a court to decide.
    You are right but isin't this unfair? Don't they need to send at least a warning? Their reason is wierd too. What is "possible" mean? Did they invent a machine like the one in Minorty Report movie?

Quote Originally Posted by painkiller004 View Post
    Don't they need to send at least a warning?
    read the TOS to find out what they need to do. I'm not advocating their practices, I've stopped using them a long time ago, but the best action IMO is to either contact a lawyer if you believe something illegal transpired or move on to other pastures. And I'd suggest to use an alternative search engine, no point enriching them on the other end of the spectrum.

Quote Originally Posted by asidana View Post
    It is weird how they decide in a night, go ahead and close large number of accounts. That includes very big publishers AFAI read on the net. I don't think google wanted to save money by closing some accounts. Issue here is that their way of closing accounts. No notification no warning no nothing. It isn't healthy relationship. In fact google's attitude shows that they don't even care about publishers. Probably because google too big to care about small.

IMHO regardless the size of the company, if you don't value your customers you will eventually fail.
    You are raising, a valid point here. Most of the suspended accounts did get their earnings. Its a PR disaster for Admob, even that is true. However, since admob has become too big an entity and no-other advertiser has balls enough to rise up and give them a competition, their reign will stay. Its sad to note that there is no healthy competition in this niche, the attitude of other mobile advertisers too is lethargic.

Founding Member

Quote Originally Posted by morse View Post
    You are raising, a valid point here. Most of the suspended accounts did get their earnings. Its a PR disaster for Admob, even that is true. However, since admob has become too big an entity and no-other advertiser has balls enough to rise up and give them a competition, their reign will stay. Its sad to note that there is no healthy competition in this niche, the attitude of other mobile advertisers too is lethargic.
    Word. I'm wanting to be believing there will be a day when the anti trust lawsuits start:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/tech...dominance.html

In the mean time there is Bing.mobi even if it resolves to the m dot. (It's not a solution to the topic at hand but it is better than giving your search data to ghoulgle. just my very biased opinion...)
    Last edited by think; 04-21-2011 at 05:46 PM.
    C.T. Kirkpatrick
    Austin Texas
    Akron.mobi

The question is who is the customer here? Customers are the ones who pay for something aka advertisers, publishers are one the cost side of the business.

Founding Member

The question is who is the customer here? Customers are the ones who pay for something aka advertisers, publishers are one the cost side of the business.
    That is true. Publisher's are just their business partners. Most of us reluctantly until we find a viable alternative and until Google buys them out.....
    C.T. Kirkpatrick
    Austin Texas
    Akron.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by think View Post
    Word. I'm wanting to be believing there will be a day when the anti trust lawsuits start:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/tech...dominance.html

In the mean time there is Bing.mobi even if it resolves to the m dot. (It's not a solution to the topic at hand but it is better than giving your search data to ghoulgle. just my very biased opinion...)
    For search engine competition, I personally do not consider Googles dominance as anything wrong.
    Google is not expected to pay users for using its service. People use Google for convenience and it rightfully deserves its place at the top, for its indexing and ranking system. If it would have been, 'pay to get ranked' then maybe an anti-trust motion would be a part of it. The Search Engine Sponsored results section is not a waste either.
    On contrary Bing attracts a whole lot of controversies with its Rewards program. Why will people use Bing if it does not provide high quality results? Microsoft would have been better with reworking and making its indexing algorithms better. I am amazed that the Bing search monopoly in Facebook is not attracting any criticism. Facebook is actually a bigger insensitive thug who the FTA should be taking upon. On a side note, I wonder what nexus Facebook has with the US Government and the European Union for it to evade all fair competition policies.

Mobility Member

I believe you can call a publisher as customer. May be not in the traditional sense of customer but b2b customer. Customer doesn't have to pay for the service. At the end Google/Admob makes money from publishers

I believe you can call a publisher as customer. May be not in the traditional sense of customer but b2b customer. Customer doesn't have to pay for the service. At the end Google/Admob makes money from publishers
    Another way to see it is the publisher is a supplier. You supply display advertising space and get paid per click, then do not get paid by your customer, the advertising agency, because they say that it wasn't the right people clicking on the adverts.

Just imagine if advertisers on TV did not pay because they claimed a show got the wrong audience.

Whether these bad TOS are legal is an interesting question, but frankly they are a strong incentive for advertising companies to use us and throw us away before they have to pay. What if in every case of a cancelled account the earnings were just below the payout threshold - what would you think?

Admob for me has been a waste of space with their pathetic 14% fill rate.
    Last edited by gogo; 04-23-2011 at 02:57 PM.

Google adsense stole £87 of mine.

`
    HTML Code:

`