Thread: Mobi Cost Factor

Default Mobi Cost Factor

Why Is .mobi domain registration so overpriced at GoDaddy?
    Is it GoDaddy squeezing out money for increase in registrations or is it dot mobi recovering money for its failed technology products like go.mobi and mobilizer?
    17.99 USD is too much. What are we paying for now? Bob parsons .mobi branded underwear ??

As I mentioned in another thread, the 17.99 price is far higher than .com's 11.99. Funny?

Dynadot is less - maybe $10 but then charges somthing like $16 for renewal

I see internet.bs offer mobi for $8.15, anyone know their renewal cost?

Pred

godaddy is okay if buying from someone and getting pushed there, or indeed regging .coms or renewing .coms, as soon as renewals come up transfer out

gd are money grabbing bastards and even if you're vip they will hound you for $1, trust me even if you spend xx,xxx a year, they're silly like that

transfer those puppies out of gd especially .mobi

speak to bari @ moniker. i know oversee are a bunch of wankers but they can't get any worse and moniker/bari have always been fine for me
    im sure bari can get you sub $9 transfer in rates, possibly better
    pm her

with this elephant disgrace by bob the freak a lot of people are leaving godaddy and moniker took a hit because of chef patrick cheating and the snapnames scandal, so they should embrace your business and give you a big hug and embrace with welcoming arms

moniker renewal eeds nto come down too but is still much lower than most people

summary: f*ck daddy off out of it , lol

Quote Originally Posted by Pred View Post
    godaddy is okay if buying from someone and getting pushed there, or indeed regging .coms or renewing .coms, as soon as renewals come up transfer out

gd are money grabbing bastards and even if you're vip they will hound you for $1, trust me even if you spend xx,xxx a year, they're silly like that

transfer those puppies out of gd especially .mobi

speak to bari @ moniker. i know oversee are a bunch of wankers but they can't get any worse and moniker/bari have always been fine for me
    im sure bari can get you sub $9 transfer in rates, possibly better
    pm her

with this elephant disgrace by bob the freak a lot of people are leaving godaddy and moniker took a hit because of chef patrick cheating and the snapnames scandal, so they should embrace your business and give you a big hug and embrace with welcoming arms

moniker renewal eeds nto come down too but is still much lower than most people

summary: f*ck daddy off out of it , lol
    Lol... Will keep this in mind when buying new mobis. Right now I stand at 34 mobis ownership, plan to make it 50 developed mobis . I have three servers from GD and have paid them upfront for a year so not gonna switch completely from them, but for future purpose, moniker will surely be a preferential choice.

Name.com is priced at $8.99 for 1 year registrations. If godaddy keeps prices high I will be forced to transfer every mobi regged there!

Quote Originally Posted by morse View Post
    Lol... Will keep this in mind when buying new mobis. Right now I stand at 34 mobis ownership, plan to make it 50 developed mobis . I have three servers from GD and have paid them upfront for a year so not gonna switch completely from them, but for future purpose, moniker will surely be a preferential choice.
    It is not a good idea to have hosting and domain registrations in the same place. And probably not a good idea to keep all domains at one registrar.

Moniker have good and bad points, but they are full of bugs and you should do your research before going there, maybe try it with just one domain and check out their weird world.

Has anyone here asked gd about it's increase in mobi domain pricing? Or could gd themselves come to the forum themselves to explain why?

Default Mobi Cost Factor

I have around 100 .mobi domains which are coming up for renewal. I get good rates at Enom on .com, $7.45. My current renewal rate for .mobi at Enom is $17.50. Is everyone with an Enom reseller acct getting this stupid rate, or do I need to contact someone at Enom? Obviously, my other option is to transfer them to a different registrar. Thanks.