Thread: Hello

Default Hello

Hi all,
    Although I registered quite some time ago, I am new to this. Not only new to this forum but also new to mobi developing, this even though I own a substantial portfolio of mobi domains (about 2000) which I have been trying to have developed for quite some time. Does anyone know of an ethical developer with the expertise to develope mobi sites and conventional ones also?

Hi OZmobi, welcome. You sure have a large portfolio of .mobi domains. What have you done with your .mobi domains? What's your view on the future of .mobi? Do you plan to develop most of your .mobi? We have some talented folks here on this forum, so I hope you can find the right one to help you develop your .mobi domains.

Hi Chinamobi, I had a firm in India developing them for me. But they never managed to get it working properly (or perhaps didn't really want to) All my domains have to do with Australia and the project is an Australian business directory. Have a look at OZmobi.com.au Unfortunately the aim of the site does not come across well. In any case, I need more than good advice. I am not sure about the future of .mobi. Although I still feel that there is an important place for it...

Hi Ozmobi,

I had a look of your site. Are you targeting international visitors? I don't get the impression that it's for tourists like me visiting Australia for the first time. There's a lot of information on the Internet about Australia, so it must be a very tough game.

I do like the idea that you have the equivalent information in mobile format. Do you use some sort of device detection to decide which format to present? I tried your site also from my Android 2.1 phone but the same PC format appeared so a lot of scrolling was required.

It's an interesting idea that you are selling .mobi to companies listed on your site if they want a dedicated area to promote their business. Could this be the reason why you own some 2,000 .mobi domains?

Anyway, I'm glad to see a business actually promoting .mobi. I hope to learn more form you.

Looks like your PC site can auto detect my phone and redirect to ozmobi.mobi, but the page is much wider than my 240-pixel screen.

Also, No I am not really targeting tourists, but that is (unfortunately) how it comes across. I have actually 6.5K professions in the system. The looks and feel (away from Tourism) is one of the aspects that has to be fixed. Yes I have a switcher in place that detects whther you access the site from a mobile device or PC. If PC you land on OZmobi.com.au and if by mobile on OZmobi.mobi. But really it should be possible to access OZmobi.com.au from a mobile device also if wanted. An elegant solution is ashmorepalms.com.au combined with ashmorepalms.com.au and ashmorepalms.mobi. Unfortunately the developers of that site are too busy to help me further :-(

Welcome OzMobi, you do own some very nice names, seeing your company often in the Whois results. Some of our senior members have already heard of you in a link posted some time back.
    http://mobility.mobi/showthread.php?26008-OzMobi-Your-key-to-web-success!&p=103365#post103365
    Great to see another Aussie on board!
    Last edited by photoman; 02-17-2011 at 07:25 PM.

Hi Photoman,
    Thank you for your welcome. Perhaps there will be a way we can work together in the future, I am always on the look out for pictures and would be happy to use yours where appropriate and include your name and a link to your site. But unfortunately I seem to have incredible problems to find developers who can help OZmobi further from where it is stuck at present. If you know developers with knowledge of PHP, MYSQL and XHTML please dont hesitate to give them my email address. (cmeyer at ozmobi dot com dot au)
    Regards
    Chris