Thread: DOMAINfest.mobi is live and looking FESTive in time for the Feb 2011 global conference in California

Mobility Regular

Default DOMAINfest.mobi is live and looking FESTive in time for the Feb 2011 global conference in California

I notice that DOMAINfest has DOMAINfest.mobi looking useful for anyone wanting quick access to information from their cell phone while attending the event.

"Welcome to the mobile site for DOMAINfest Global 2011, the premier conference to share insights, identify emerging trends, and discuss the changing business practices needed to be successful in the domain industry.
    To help you make the most of your time, we¹ve included a full events schedule (including information on the Playboy Mansion Fundraiser and Moniker auctions), a list of exhibitors and floor map, links to our Twitter feed, and information on Santa Monica.
    We hope this mobile site -- courtesy of dotMobi and their award-winning goMobi service -- will help make DOMAINfest Global 2011 the best one yet."

It was last updated On:26-Jan-2011.

Wow just checked it on my iPhone. Very nice!!!

Now I'm sure you'll all be bidding on Nextyear.com
    Last edited by keithmt; 01-27-2011 at 02:43 PM.

I suggest they provide mobile info on the .com version. Otherwise nobody will ever know the mobi exists.

Founding Member

Quote Originally Posted by keithmt View Post
    I suggest they provide mobile info on the .com version. Otherwise nobody will ever know the mobi exists.
    One can only hope.....
    C.T. Kirkpatrick
    Austin Texas
    Akron.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi View Post

"We hope this mobile site -- courtesy of dotMobi and their award-winning goMobi service -- will help make DOMAINfest Global 2011 the best one yet."

Sounds like mTLD took the initiative to offer their services to make this site happen. That kind of B2B activity can only help user awareness of the extension as well.

Too bad their isn't a .mobi to be found in the auction list though, sort of ironic.

The more developed .mobi, the better.

Pred

agreed Max

be nice if they put a link on the .com or a small banner, if anyone can send them an email and get them to do, they are in line for a major r3aming

i think a brill idea and actually bloody handy for people walking around conference to find out useful info about domainfest

Anyone attending?

Quote Originally Posted by limomobi View Post
    Anyone attending?
    I think you might have to, as the winner of the two domains on auction will need to be chauffeured to the party held @ the PlayBoy mansion.

why didn't any premiums get released here? geez, if a premium .mobi direct from the registry doesn't make it into domainfest....

They would have to list the premiums with no reserve and I doubt they would do that. I say no reserve because even at $500 reserve many folks would turn the other cheek.

Quote Originally Posted by keithmt View Post
    They would have to list the premiums with no reserve and I doubt they would do that. I say no reserve because even at $500 reserve many folks would turn the other cheek.
    depends which names, some (if not most) would be outright lucky to fetch $500 but a handful could actually hit 5 figures IMO.

Mobility Regular FilipinoFood.com's Avatar

`
    Last edited by FilipinoFood.com; 02-24-2011 at 09:32 AM.
    HTML Code:
    <iframe width=100% height=300 name="webchat" src="http://widget.mibbit.com/?settings=de9a2e413dbb2d2bd2dd11f47d5e3df9&server=irc.Mibbit.Net&channel=%23webmasterradio&autoConnect=true&nick=WMR%3F%3F%3F"></iframe>

Founding Member

Just caught this on Domaining.com. Elliot Silver finds DomainFest.mobi useful. Pinky Brand joins in the comments as well:

Quote Originally Posted by ElliotsBlog.com
    I Have to Admit, DomainFest.MOBI Was Helpful

I don’t own a single .mobi domain name and I have absolutely no plans to register or purchase any now or that I can see in the future (just want to avoid an avalanche of emails with domain names for sale).
    With that being said, I must say that I found DomainFest.mobi to be very useful when I was at the DomainFest conference. Oversee.net set up its mobile site on DomainFest.mobi, and it allowed me to quickly access the DFG agenda and get other information from my Blackberry very quickly.
    In looking around the site a bit tonight, it looks like the folks at .mobi set it up using its goMobi service. I don’t know how much it would cost for someone to build a site like this, but it’s interesting to consider.....

Full post:
    http://www.elliotsblog.com/i-have-to...iot&#39;s+Blog)
    Elliot use to own one Mobi. I bought it here
    C.T. Kirkpatrick
    Austin Texas
    Akron.mobi