Thread: Black Friday hosting deal from Hostgator

Lightbulb Black Friday hosting deal from Hostgator

I dunno if anybody here hates HostGator or not, but it seems that they are bringing up affordable and really exciting hosting package. They are doing this via their Black Friday Sale.Following is the email which i received. I hope it will be helpful for many folks here to save alot of bucks for hoisting.
    Hello,
    We're very excited to unveil our Black Friday 2010 Promotion to our loyal HostGator Affiliates! This will be our best DEAL in 8+ years of hosting! We are releasing this to our Affiliates before ANYONE ELSE!
    Please be advised that this Black Friday promotion starts at 12:00 AM Friday November 26th CST (-6 GMT) and will run until 11:59PM CST (-6 GMT) 11/26/2010. Remember you get FULL, regular commission on ALL Black Friday sales!
    You do NOT want to miss out on promoting this offer. This is going to be a record breaking day for HostGator sales and HostGator's wonderful Affiliates!
    Without further ado, here is our Black Friday 2010 Special Offer:
    We're offering 50% OFF EVERYTHING From 12:00AM CST – 5AM CST
    We're offering 80% OFF EVERYTHING From 5AM – 9AM CST WHILE SUPPLIES LAST (first come, first receive; so definitely don't miss out!)
    From 9AM – 11:59PM CST OR after 80% OFF accounts have sold out, we will continue to offer 50% OFF EVERYTHING
    This applies to ALL Accounts and ALL Term Lengths. So you're visitors and friends will have the opportunity to receive up to 80% off of up to 3 years worth of Hosting! That would come out to $35.64 for 3 FULL YEARS!
    That includes Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS Hosting AND even Dedicated Servers! Never before have we allowed the promotion on EVERYTHING including reseller, vps and dedicated servers AND ALL Term Lengths AND allowed our affiliates their full, regular commission on every sale you send us on Black Friday!
    This will apply to the client's first invoice (first term length they sign up for whether that be 1 month or for 3 years).
    This promotion gives our customers our award winning hosting for as little as:
    Shared Hosting – $4.95/month AS LOW AS $0.99/month
    Reseller Hosting – $24.95/month AS LOW AS $4.99/month
    VPS Hosting – $19.95/month AS LOW AS $3.99 First Month
    Dedicated Servers – $174/month AS LOW AS $34.80 First Month
    As you can see, this is an absolutely CRAZY DEAL and you have an opportunity to make a LOT OF MONEY promoting our Black Friday 2010 Offer!
    Here are several ideas for promoting this insane Black Friday offer:

• Post about the promotion on your blog
    • Post on Twitter and Facebook
    • Post about it on forums (follow all forum rules and don't spam)
    • Tell your E-Mail lists (Again, don't spam!)
    • Refer Friends and Family
    • Push all of your hosting related traffic to HostGator and EARN BIG!
    • Tell EVERYONE you know!
    Given that we are already buying domains at cheaper prices (many thanks to Tom and others) , it an opportunity to get cheaper hosting too.
    Well you can buy it directly from hostgator.com code: FRIDAYOFF2010 or you can even follow my affiliate discount link
    You get the discount irrespective of whether you follow my link or not, but yea if you do follow it and make a sale, I will be a happy guy
    Please note the timings of the sale as the discount is time dependent, The time mentioned in this thread i.e. CST is Central Standard Time i.e. the time of Mexico City.
    Enjoy

Hi morse, I've heard quite a few good comments on HostGator for its hosting services. How much work is involved if you already have several dozens of domains hosted on Godaddy?

Quote Originally Posted by ChinaMobi View Post
    Hi morse, I've heard quite a few good comments on HostGator for its hosting services. How much work is involved if you already have several dozens of domains hosted on Godaddy?
    You will need to add name servers, the hostgator support will guide you through it, they are quite better than godaddy hosting support btw. The process will be completed in a matter of few minutes for a given domain, but yes it will take considerable time to get implemented. Even am hosted on godaddy but now plan to get hosting on hostgator, i can get their lowest VPS for 3 years at a per month pricing which i pay to godaddy for shared hosting. Also i read it somewhere that its better not to be hosted on the registrar as it gives undue advantage to them. If tomorrow something goes wrong, the registrar cannot take away everything from you. Check out nodaddy.com to know all anti-consumer actions of godaddy.