Thread: SMS Webinar Tonight, Free,

Default SMS Webinar Tonight, Free,

Today 9 PM Eastern / 8 C / 6 PM P

I've partnered with iZigg for text message marketing. They are hosting a webinar tonight on the topic of Mobile Media Made Easy Social Proof & Direct Market Application

Registration Link: https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/221709065 Hear Webinar Dial: 712.432.0075 Access Code: 643053#

Currently, they are in the US only, but don't let that stop you if you are in another country as they have plans to expand.

If you have any questions, feel free to pm me here.

All the Best,
    Holly
    Need a developer? MobileSiteStore.com | More good stuff at Drosty.com
    Accepting Quality guest posts via PM only for mobiEnthusiast.mobi
    (NO press releases or story ideas, completed, unique articles only
    )

Thanks Holly. Look forward to your presentation.

Hi ChinaMobi, I just want to clarify expectations. I am not presenting tonight, it is the parent company. Perhaps in the near future I will also make a webinar.
    )

That's fine. Your time will come. Hey, I'm a positive person.

Appreciate the vote of confidence! By the way, would you pm me the link to your fake restaurant site? Thanks!
    )

Is it meant to be a joke? (I'm from a different culture so please excuse me if I didn't get it.) I don't have a restaurant site -- not even a fake one.

It appears the webinar is for North American audience only. I don't hear a thing even though I can see the presentation. A phone dial is necessary, apparently, but I'm not going to make an international call.

Quote Originally Posted by ChinaMobi View Post
    It appears the webinar is for North American audience only. I don't hear a thing even though I can see the presentation. A phone dial is necessary, apparently, but I'm not going to make an international call.
    I called in on a phone, but no, don't make an international call for this since I'm not able to confirm the shortcode works in New Zealand. There are some recorded webinars, but I like how this one focused on Real Estate. He made some good points about how most real estate marketing is just a phone number (which nobody calls because they don't want to get called back) and "Take One" printed sheets that are usually all wet from rain or else there aren't any left because someone took the last one. The whole sequence of text message to mobile website to click to call is very intriguing to me, and I plan to incorporate that to my offerings to end user clients.
    )

So they've got a shortcode that's a well known zip code, other than that I really don't see what is so special about it, to me it just looks like another of those keyword reply services on a shared shortcode.

Maybe I've been doing this **** too long, have seen it all and very, very little impresses me these days.
    Andy Moore
    i don't do tech / mobi anymore - why do something that annoys and stresses lol

New: Most Minty Tooth Oil - GMO and fluoride free toothpaste alternative

100% natural botanical extracts to whiten teeth, freshen breath and strengthen gums
    Used, recommended and sold by Harley Street private dentists

My other websites:

http://sellyoursongs.info/ - Sell Your Songs using Mobile Payments
    http://detectmobilebrowsers.mobi/ - Detect Mobile Browsers
    http://andymoore.info/m-commerce-php/ - M-Commerce PHP (sell stuff on the mobile web)
    http://locationdetection.mobi/ - Detect a mobile browser's latitude & longitude
    http://andymoore.info/mysql-lyrics-database/ - Half a million lyrics

Quote Originally Posted by andymoore View Post
    So they've got a shortcode that's a well known zip code, other than that I really don't see what is so special about it, to me it just looks like another of those keyword reply services on a shared shortcode.

Maybe I've been doing this **** too long, have seen it all and very, very little impresses me these days.
    Yes, that's right. There is a dashboard that goes with it which is very user friendly, and they don't need to know any code.

See, Andy, you've been at this longer than me, but I've been at it for three years, and "regular" non-tech people look at me like I have three heads. They would say, "Why would I want to go on the internet with my phone?" and then, "My iPhone can see websites, why do I need a special mobile website," and now, "Hey, you know something about this mobile stuff, right?"

The wave is finally starting to hit. The fact is, I have an opportunity to provide text messaging with this company, I don't have to pay for the shortcode or the research, I don't have to code anything, and I don't have these choices with other companies. If I combine this with made for mobile sites built on .mobi domain names, then I can give people a one stop option with a memorable, short URL. Better yet, I don't even have to make a big deal about advertising the .mobi, because the clients' text messages will all have the URL in it already. From there, they can bookmark it, and no search engine or advertisement even has to be involved.

So no, it's not new, but it's packaged for the masses, which is something I haven't seen before to this degree.
    Last edited by coast; 10-08-2010 at 04:32 PM.
    )

Quote Originally Posted by ChinaMobi View Post
    Is it meant to be a joke? (I'm from a different culture so please excuse me if I didn't get it.) I don't have a restaurant site -- not even a fake one.
    Perhaps I am thinking of someone else? I thought you made a go.mobi site for a restaurant that would give you indigestion.
    )

It seems it like the Chinese Wireless Keyword?
    Send an SMS message to an services number, named 12114
    with the "keyword", to whom you send this message for
    with the "actions", what you want

Then you will get the return message by SMS.

Also, it can return the mobile websites for user if necessary.

It's one of the few chances us Brits get so we're we're light years ahead of the US on!

We've had these keywords reply services for years, text xxx to yyy and the database pulls out the text you want to reply with.

If you can provide that without any techie BS you should be onto something cool.
    Andy Moore
    i don't do tech / mobi anymore - why do something that annoys and stresses lol

New: Most Minty Tooth Oil - GMO and fluoride free toothpaste alternative

100% natural botanical extracts to whiten teeth, freshen breath and strengthen gums
    Used, recommended and sold by Harley Street private dentists

My other websites:

http://sellyoursongs.info/ - Sell Your Songs using Mobile Payments
    http://detectmobilebrowsers.mobi/ - Detect Mobile Browsers
    http://andymoore.info/m-commerce-php/ - M-Commerce PHP (sell stuff on the mobile web)
    http://locationdetection.mobi/ - Detect a mobile browser's latitude & longitude
    http://andymoore.info/mysql-lyrics-database/ - Half a million lyrics

Wish I could have listened in, but was at the Apple store getting my replacement iPhone 4. Is the webinar available as a recording for later viewing?

Coast, I have long forgotten about it! It's only a 30-day trial (I think) on go.mobi but I did not sign up after the trial period so I think it's gone now. However, it does show you how easy it is to build a simple mobile website using go.mobi.

To answer Andy's question, it's a control panel, like email. It has two autoresponders built in (1 for a message upon subscription, another for people who are already subscribed). You can further segment each keyword into groups, and send new text messages in a broadcast fashion. There is also a "raffle" feature for text-to-win campaigns, which is very popular.

On the webinar, they introduced a WAP feature that is new, so I haven't had a chance to play with it. I think it's to the benefit of developers when these get bundled, because while good, they can't replicate what a developer can make, and the customers are likely to want to upgrade to something nicer.

Last night had a focus on real estate, emphasizing that nobody calls the phone number on for sale signs, and flyers in a "take one" box are usually wet from the rain or there aren't any left for people to read. The speaker emphasized that it is very easy to take a flip camera to make a video tour, post it to youtube, link to it in the text message, and then people can get all the information they want while they are parked outside of the house that's for sale. I think it makes perfect sense, and will explore the possibilities in more depth.
    )