Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: .mobi google trends is increasing

Default .mobi google trends is increasing

Check the google trends for .mobi for past 12 months, it shows the .mobi trends increased big in July, and are increasing.

http://gooogle.com/trends?q=.mobi&ct...ate=ytd&sort=0
    Attached Images Attached Images

Well atleast .mobi is not being sent to gallows of oblivion ..
    The amount of developers with .mobi are increasing even while the first and the best ones are leaving. One mobile site developing forum where am a member, i get to see a new .mobi developed every alternate day, so yes .mobi is not unknown anymore. However I dont have the stats of usable working .mobi s, but the guess is that they are increasing

comparing to gtlds of south africa and india .. .mobi is doing pretty good atleast for the last 30 days and last 12 months

Google trends

Interesting, thanks.

Why are Vietnamese, Indonesian and Slovenian the main languages doing searches for .mobi?

Look at this: http://gooogle.com/trends?q=mobi&cta...ate=all&sort=0

Quote Originally Posted by gogo View Post
    Interesting, thanks.

Why are Vietnamese, Indonesian and Slovenian the main languages doing searches for .mobi?

Look at this: http://gooogle.com/trends?q=mobi&cta...ate=all&sort=0

The answer for spike in search trends of the term 'mobi' for vietnam and slovenia is
    Mobi Fone Vietnam
    Mobi Tel Slovenia

Smile

I got a mobile website ,which provides hourly Google trends as it happens - Just check this one gtrades at mobi.

The following are some data analysis based on google trends, it seems the .mobi search volume increases steadily in recent five months.

From google trends, .mobi demonstrate better and better.

The .mobi, .biz, .info trends
    http://www.google.com/trends?q=.mobi...te=2008&sort=0
    Year 2008 .mobi 1.00 .biz 2.85 .info 4.30
    Year 2009 .mobi 1.00 .biz 3.20 .info 4.70
    Year 2010 .mobi 1.00 .biz 1.50 .info 4.00

Now let's see the recent 5 months, July, Aug, Sept, Oct, Nov
    July .mobi 1.00 .biz 2.04 .info 3.32
    Aug .mobi 1.00 .biz 1.58 .info 2.68
    Sept .mobi 1.00 .biz 1.14 .info 1.90
    Oct .mobi 1.00 .biz 1.06 .info 1.80
    Nov .mobi 1.00 .biz 1.02 .info 1.80
    In the recent 5 month
    From 49% of .biz to 98% of .biz, percentage increase 100%
    from 30% of .info to 56% of .info, pencentage increase 84%

I don't think that it will be long for .mobi performs better than .biz, and performs as well as .info. It will not be long for .mobi performing better than .info.

Of course, you may say .biz and .info is not the good extention to compare, but it do see the increasing of .mobi.

Do more job, I compaired the .mobi/.net for recent 5 months
    July .mobi/.net 1/262
    Aug .mobi/.net 1/208, percentage increase 26.0%
    Sept .mobi/.net 1/155, percentage increase 34.2%
    Oct .mobi/.net 1/139, percentage increase 11.5%
    Nov .mobi/.net 1/132, percentage increase 5.5%
    We can see the steady increase of .mobi usage, percentage increaed 98.5% in the past 5 month

Nov data, Update to Nov 25
    .mobi 1 .biz 1.04 .info 1.80 .net 129

Note: .mobi is the volume for .mobi, not for mobi. There are big difference.

Dec 7th update:
    One update, in this Dec 1st ~ Dec 5th, the .mobi google trends does better than .biz now
    .mobi 1.00 .info 1.44 .biz 0.97
    Last edited by ChineseDomain; 12-07-2010 at 07:51 AM.

What does Volume Search index in the chart mean? What does it refer to?

Mobility Member

It useless data, firstly it looks to be highly flawed given the biggest language is "Tagalog". Secondly people searching for "mobi" means very little....clutching at straws trying to make an argument out of stats like this.

The searches for ".mobi" probably don't tell us much other than it got a lot of press at launch,

http://www.google.com/trends?q=.mobi...ate=all&sort=0

Founding Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    It useless data, firstly it looks to be highly flawed given the biggest language is "Tagalog". Secondly people searching for "mobi" means very little....clutching at straws trying to make an argument out of stats like this.

The searches for ".mobi" probably don't tell us much other than it got a lot of press at launch,

http://www.google.com/trends?q=.mobi...ate=all&sort=0
    So Snoopy. Since dot mobi sucks so bad what keeps bringing you back?

Don't get me wrong you've been around so long your like a family member I must accept regardless of our differences. But, at the same time I wish you'd actually discuss an exciting plan and risk failing rather than be predictably boring and safe with nothing to offer.....
    C.T. Kirkpatrick
    Austin Texas
    Akron.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseDomain View Post
    The following are some data analysis based on google trends, it seems the .mobi search volume increases steadily in recent five months..
    Thanks for the stats, rep+.

Some of you may not know that this forum provides an IGNORE button so you do not have to read irrelevant posts or posters. If you have trouble seeing where some posts are coming from, maybe you need to learn about Aspergers Syndrome, a mild form of autism which creates repetitive behaviours and social difficulties.

http://www.pluggd.in/handle-troll-on-internet-297/

To be very candid, trolls takes a toll on one’s emotional well being – Jason Calcanis even stopped blogging because of the negative comments
    One of the reasons I stopped blogging was because the dozen negative comments under every blog post I wrote started wearing me down. I’d write for an hour and the immediate reward was four people, under 12 different accounts, slamming me. Some were people I had fired, others were mentally unstable folks but, in many cases, they were normal people suffering from IAS. – his last blog post
    IAS, i.e. Internet Asperger’s Syndrome

In this syndrome, the afflicted stops seeing the humanity in other people. They view individuals as objects, not individuals. The focus on repetitive behaviors–checking email, blogging, twittering –combines with an inability to feel empathy and connect with people.
    The dual nature of Asperger’s, from my understanding, is that it makes the individual focused on very specific behaviors–obsessively so in many cases–while decreasing their capacity for basic empathy and communication. It’s almost as if you trade off intensity in one area for common decency and communications in another area–not that the person has a choice. [Jason’s blog]
    Essentially, trollers look at bloggers as an object of attack, and given the anonymity of Internet, they firmly believe that they can get away with anything, bring everybody down.
    DNFTT

DNFTT, Do not Feed The Trolls is one of the most valuable advice that anybody can ever give you when it comes to handling troll.
    Basically, the best way to handle trolls is to simply ignore them. The more you answer them, the more they will enjoy taking a shot at you/post author. Do not dwell upon the comment too much – take it as just another incident and move on. Trollers will question your knowledge/ethics (yeah!) etc and use the anonymous route to ‘hurt you/the author’ in the most possible manner.

Gogo, I was looking for the ignore feature but unfortunately I can't find it via mobile.

Mobility Member

Quote Originally Posted by think View Post
    So Snoopy. Since dot mobi sucks so bad what keeps bringing you back?

Don't get me wrong you've been around so long your like a family member I must accept regardless of our differences. But, at the same time I wish you'd actually discuss an exciting plan and risk failing rather than be predictably boring and safe with nothing to offer.....
    I like talking about domains...good and bad elements of it.

Mobility Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scandiman View Post
    Gogo, I was looking for the ignore feature but unfortunately I can't find it via mobile.
    It is funny how people say the want to put someone on ignore but instead strangely never get around to it and reply to all their posts.

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseDomain View Post
    Check the google trends for .mobi for past 12 months, it shows the .mobi trends increased big in July, and are increasing.

http://gooogle.com/trends?q=.mobi&ct...ate=ytd&sort=0
    Hi if you look at that now for 2010 it shows a steady level of searches up to June and steady growth since then.

But what is really interesting is the languages and places for searches.

Regions 1. South Africa
    2. India
    3. Poland
    4. United States
    5. Canada
    6. Netherlands
    7. Australia
    8. Spain
    9. United Kingdom
    10. Germany
    Cities 1. Santa Clara, CA, USA
    2. San Jose, CA, USA
    3. Johannesburg, South Africa
    4. Mumbai, India
    5. Dallas, TX, USA
    6. Warsaw, Poland
    7. Delhi, India
    8. Los Angeles, CA, USA
    9. New York, NY, USA
    10. Toronto, Canada
    Languages 1. English
    2. Dutch
    3. Vietnamese
    4. Arabic
    5. Russian
    6. German
    7. Italian
    8. Spanish
    9. French
    10. Chinese
    Can our Dutch-speaking members tell us, are there a lot of active .mobi sites in Dutch? Dutch mobi buyers do still exist.

You can specifically search for Dutch mobi sites on mobisearch.info as well as selecting other languages.

Mobility Member

Quote Originally Posted by gogo View Post
    Hi if you look at that now for 2010 it shows a steady level of searches up to June and steady growth since then.

But what is really interesting is the languages and places for searches.

Can our Dutch-speaking members tell us, are there a lot of active .mobi sites in Dutch? Dutch mobi buyers do still exist.

You can specifically search for Dutch mobi sites on mobisearch.info as well as selecting other languages.
    It is probably bad data or one site skewing things, doesn't make much sense for the most popular country for people typing in ".mobi" to be from South Africa for example.

Not a lot of sites, but important sites. Nr 1 newspaper has a mobi (http://www.Telegraaf.mobi). Most popular forum has a mobi (http://www.Tweakers.mobi). Weather, Traffic news on http://www.anwb.mobi, weather radar on one of the most popular sites: http://www.buienradar.mobi/, etc etc ... so it's not mainstream, but used by large companies.

Martin
    Last edited by GijsZePa; 11-30-2010 at 07:24 AM.
    <signature police forced me to remove my image that was too large and had nothing to do with a mobi site >

Autodisk.mobi - all dutch carspecs | Manage all your holiday accommodations with our online manager.

Question

It is probably bad data or one site skewing things, doesn't make much sense for the most popular country for people typing in ".mobi" to be from South Africa for example.
    It at-least makes more sense than the above statement.
    Are you from South Africa ?? Do you have a girlfriend, kids, uncle, aunt in South Africa who use the mobile web there?? Do you have any research data with respect to South Africans regarding what they type and what they do not?? Have you ever at-least been to South Africa ??
    Then what brings you to such a conclusion?
    I will give you an example:
    Few years back, Nokia had launched a mobile-***-gaming device called Ngage, its sales flopped in United States as well as Europe. Taking a clue from this, Nokia stopped manufacturing the device. Strangely it decided to sell off its unsold, not-in-demand product in South Asia, the outcome was very surprising. The most populated region on Earth gave Nokia its much needed breather, The device was sold out so fast that a demand for used Ngage QD started growing. Nokia did not manufacture any more of those devices but it did learn a lesson. What experts perceive as global trend may not necessarily be a local trend.
    People often say that facebook is the biggest social networking portal in the world, well it may be for the world, but in Japan it is not, neither in South Korea or China.
    What sort of pleasure do you derive by ridiculing the extension ?? Do you have personal animosity with the people who bought the domains of mtld or is it something else??

Mobility Member

Quote Originally Posted by morse View Post
    It at-least makes more sense than the above statement.
    Are you from South Africa ?? Do you have a girlfriend, kids, uncle, aunt in South Africa who use the mobile web there?? Do you have any research data with respect to South Africans regarding what they type and what they do not?? Have you ever at-least been to South Africa ??
    Then what brings you to such a conclusion?
    I will give you an example:
    Few years back, Nokia had launched a mobile-***-gaming device called Ngage, its sales flopped in United States as well as Europe. Taking a clue from this, Nokia stopped manufacturing the device. Strangely it decided to sell off its unsold, not-in-demand product in South Asia, the outcome was very surprising. The most populated region on Earth gave Nokia its much needed breather, The device was sold out so fast that a demand for used Ngage QD started growing. Nokia did not manufacture any more of those devices but it did learn a lesson. What experts perceive as global trend may not necessarily be a local trend.
    People often say that facebook is the biggest social networking portal in the world, well it may be for the world, but in Japan it is not, neither in South Korea or China.
    Hang on a minute, just five minutes ago you were complaining about people not even using proper paragraphs.

If I knew the answer to all you questions about .mobi usage in South Africa I would not have used the word "probably". What do you think is the reason for the most popular country for searching for the term ".mobi" (according to those stats) being South Africa?

Quote Originally Posted by morse View Post
    What sort of pleasure do you derive by ridiculing the extension ?? Do you have personal animosity with the people who bought the domains of mtld or is it something else??
    I personally think the extension is a very poor investment.

Quote Originally Posted by GijsZePa View Post
    Not a lot of sites, but important sites. Nr 1 newspaper has a mobi

Martin
    What about that one site with the car specs? Autodisk.mobi isn't it?

If I knew the answer to all you questions about .mobi usage in South Africa I would not have used the word "probably". What do you think is the reason for the most popular country for searching for the term ".mobi" (according to those stats) being South Africa?
    Before posting disparaging remarks, it would be helpful if you at least did 15 minutes worth of research. South Africa primarily goes online with smartphones. While most of the country's sites end in .za, a fair number are .mobi and the TLD was popularized during the World Cup. My mobile tech blog's Alexa ranking is highest in South Africa, and it ends in .mobi.

Quote Originally Posted by coast View Post
    Before posting disparaging remarks, it would be helpful if you at least did 15 minutes worth of research. South Africa primarily goes online with smartphones. While most of the country's sites end in .za, a fair number are .mobi and the TLD was popularized during the World Cup. My mobile tech blog's Alexa ranking is highest in South Africa, and it ends in .mobi.

Snoop is "probably" one of the best reasons to use the ignore feature, seeing his recent comments quoted by you and others confirmed it. It's quite peaceful and I highly recommend it

Re the ignore button
    Quote Originally Posted by Scandiman View Post
    It's quite peaceful and I highly recommend it
    Completely agree.

And there's this I quoted earlier about not feeding the rat population
    DNFTT

DNFTT, Do not Feed The Trolls is one of the most valuable advice that anybody can ever give you when it comes to handling troll.
    Basically, the best way to handle trolls is to simply ignore them. The more you answer them, the more they will enjoy taking a shot at you/post author.

Mobility Member

Quote Originally Posted by coast View Post
    There is not "disparaging" about it, I'm saying if I was 100% certain about why ".mobi" as a search term is most popular in South Africa I wouldn't have said "probably".

When you say your mobile tech blog's Alexa ranking is most popular in South Africa, and it ends in .mobi as do alot of other South African sites, I had a a look at the top sites in South Africa, according to Alexa, and there isn't a .mobi to be seen.

http://www.alexa.com/topsites/countries/ZA

Even doing this search in Google doesn't bring up much,

site:alexa.com alexa.com .mobi

Ironically mobility.mobi and mtld.mobi are on the first page.

So where are all these popular South African .mobi sites?

Pred

There is not "disparaging" about it, I'm saying if I was 100% certain about why ".mobi" as a search term is most popular in South Africa I wouldn't have said "probably".

When you say your mobile tech blog's Alexa ranking is most popular in South Africa, and it ends in .mobi as do alot of other South African sites, I had a a look at the top sites in South Africa, according to Alexa, and there isn't a .mobi to be seen.

http://www.alexa.com/topsites/countries/ZA

Even doing this search in Google doesn't bring up much,

site:alexa.com alexa.com .mobi

Ironically mobility.mobi and mtld.mobi are on the first page.

So where are all these popular South African .mobi sites?
    i know you're only quoting other poster, but alexa can't be used as a benchmark for mobile sites popularity in anyway via mobile access, purely as it doesn't recognise mobile traffic!
    thats not to say they can't get traffic from desktops as many do too, but alexa only registers people who have the toolbar built in, it's why domain blogs have disproportionate alexa rankings

just as an example of desktop sites,things like thedomains and dnw are good blogs but not nearly as popular really as other blogs with same alexa figure. because a lot of domainers and geeks who visit site, a proprtion of anyway, have the alexa toolbar or widget

Alexa can't be used as benchmark with any real accuracy full stop.

Example:

Site 1:

20,000 uniques a month (not including mobile)
    Alexa rank: 106k

Site 2:

200,000 uniques a month (not including mobile)
    Alexa rank: 185k

Any doubters on that can PM me for URLs and Google Analytics reports to verify my statement.
    Andy Moore
    i don't do tech / mobi anymore - why do something that annoys and stresses lol

New: Most Minty Tooth Oil - GMO and fluoride free toothpaste alternative

100% natural botanical extracts to whiten teeth, freshen breath and strengthen gums
    Used, recommended and sold by Harley Street private dentists

My other websites:

http://sellyoursongs.info/ - Sell Your Songs using Mobile Payments
    http://detectmobilebrowsers.mobi/ - Detect Mobile Browsers
    http://andymoore.info/m-commerce-php/ - M-Commerce PHP (sell stuff on the mobile web)
    http://locationdetection.mobi/ - Detect a mobile browser's latitude & longitude
    http://andymoore.info/mysql-lyrics-database/ - Half a million lyrics

Mobility Member

Quote Originally Posted by andymoore View Post
    Alexa can't be used as benchmark with any real accuracy full stop.

Example:

Site 1:

20,000 uniques a month (not including mobile)
    Alexa rank: 106k

Site 2:

200,000 uniques a month (not including mobile)
    Alexa rank: 185k

Any doubters on that can PM me for URLs and Google Analytics reports to verify my statement.
    So what do you make of Coast's comment about the Alexa ranking of his .mobi site in South Africa?

So what do you make of Coast's comment about the Alexa ranking of his .mobi site in South Africa?
    Why don't you ask her yourself?

The comment refers to the fact that when broken down by country, the highest country rank within the Alexa rankings is South Africa. This is shown on the analytics, not on the Alexa front page.
    Need a developer? MobileSiteStore.com | More good stuff at Drosty.com
    Accepting Quality guest posts via PM only for mobiEnthusiast.mobi
    (NO press releases or story ideas, completed, unique articles only
    )

@snoop - I'm not making anything out of Alexa, it's not a metric I value so nothing to comment on there from me on that one.

PS - she's a Lady, a very nice, patient, diplomatic and tolerant one at that too.
    Andy Moore

100% natural botanical extracts to whiten teeth, freshen breath and strengthen gums

My other websites:

http://andymoore.info/m-commerce-php/ - M-Commerce PHP (sell stuff on the mobile web)

Quote Originally Posted by andymoore View Post
    PS - she's a Lady, a very nice, patient, diplomatic and tolerant one at that too.
    She certainly is !!!!!

Martin
    <signature police forced me to remove my image that was too large and had nothing to do with a mobi site >

Autodisk.mobi - all dutch carspecs | Manage all your holiday accommodations with our online manager.

And as cartoon avatars go she's a Foxy Lady too!

And I mean that in a most respectful, complimentary, non-derogatory way
    Last edited by andymoore; 12-05-2010 at 02:50 PM.
    Andy Moore

My other websites:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast