Thread: Mobil Future

First time poster!

Default Mobil Future

ood.

Quote Originally Posted by Roosy View Post
    ood.
    ???

I'd like to welcome new members, but the meaningless message makes me hesitate.

First time poster!

Default mobile future

n each of our modern lives, broadband holds a pivotal key to enhancing economic opportunities, expanding access to education, improving our health and participating in civil society.

Founding Member

welcome first time posters. hope you find the forum useful.
    would love to hear more about your thoughts and interest in the mobile internet and mobile development.

cheers
    C.T. Kirkpatrick
    Austin Texas
    Akron.mobi

Mobility Member

I think that the future looks execellent for the extension.mobi. As for an end user I think that any business that wants to succeed on the Internet to-day or in the future only needs 3 domain extensions. 1. com 2.mobi 3 .any country extension. The best thing about the .mobi extension is that it is global and has so much potential for developers / investors / end users. The big picture is starting to take shape and the major businesses are also starting to realize the potential that this extension can offer. This extension has no place to go but up in value and popularity. So hold onto your.mobi domains and extensions because you are about to experience the ride of your life. Remember the glass is aways half full. With the ratio of 5 mobile devices to every pc the facts speak for themselves . Mobilemac

You are very positive about the future of .mobi, Mobilemac. Based on your belief, what actions are you taking to capitalize the future of .mobi, if you don't mind sharing?

First time poster!

Default Hi

Thanks for sharing your knowledge with everyone. It was very knowledgeable and interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by mobilemac View Post
    I think that the future looks execellent for the extension.mobi. As for an end user I think that any business that wants to succeed on the Internet to-day or in the future only needs 3 domain extensions. 1. com 2.mobi 3 .any country extension. The best thing about the .mobi extension is that it is global and has so much potential for developers / investors / end users. The big picture is starting to take shape and the major businesses are also starting to realize the potential that this extension can offer. This extension has no place to go but up in value and popularity. So hold onto your.mobi domains and extensions because you are about to experience the ride of your life. Remember the glass is aways half full. With the ratio of 5 mobile devices to every pc the facts speak for themselves . Mobilemac
    It is the vast number of mobile devices out there that concerns me.... the fact that there already are 5x the number of mobiles to pc's.

Countered with the fact that there are so few .mobi registrations vs potential end users.... after 5 years!

The answer is not that mobile isn't happening.... it appears that dotmobi just isn't happening!

Not last year, not this year and probably not next year either?

It will pick up organically, I think that's a safe assumption... I don't think it'll go away either... I just don't think that it'll be the runaway success we hoped it would be...

I could be sitting on a beach with the Pred & Noonoo, deciding what to do with $5,000,000 - as it turns out, I'm having to think carefully about what to do with my next $5,000

Life goes on, you can only eat one meal at a time and drive one car at a time... I'm lucky to have a life that more than half the world can only dream about so I'm ok... oh for the benefit of hindsight! lol ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by newdomainer View Post
    I just don't think that it'll be the runaway success we hoped it would be...
    Who is "we"?

Founding Member

Quote Originally Posted by newdomainer View Post
    It is the vast number of mobile devices out there that concerns me.... the fact that there already are 5x the number of mobiles to pc's.

Countered with the fact that there are so few .mobi registrations vs potential end users.... after 5 years!

The answer is not that mobile isn't happening.... it appears that dotmobi just isn't happening!

Not last year, not this year and probably not next year either?

It will pick up organically, I think that's a safe assumption... I don't think it'll go away either... I just don't think that it'll be the runaway success we hoped it would be...

I could be sitting on a beach with the Pred & Noonoo, deciding what to do with $5,000,000 - as it turns out, I'm having to think carefully about what to do with my next $5,000

Life goes on, you can only eat one meal at a time and drive one car at a time... I'm lucky to have a life that more than half the world can only dream about so I'm ok... oh for the benefit of hindsight! lol ;-)
    There is no doubt Dot mobi is still lagging in popularity based on our knowledge and investment in it.

However, I still don't see the current state of the mobile internet as a fully developed entity. This is changing rapidly and along with it so are the opinions of web developers who are looking to break from device specific applications to HTML5 web based apps to make sure the mobile version of the site is easy to access and navigate.

This is a far cry from two years ago when the iphone was called the game changer where the web experts were claiming hardware advancements trumped the need for a website being developed for mobile users. Personally I think most making this claim never tried to use their iphone or droid to accomplish business tasks or other advanced web usage and were only browsing the web and reading their email.

All that said, 2011 is shaping up to be the break out year and MTLD needs to position itself well if it expects to catch the wave and enjoy the ride. I don't think mobi is out of the mix by any means but do believe this is a very pivotal year for it's existence. Let's hope the tide is turning.......
    C.T. Kirkpatrick
    Austin Texas
    Akron.mobi

About Us

Mobile Future is a coalition of cutting-edge American technology and communications companies, consumers and a diverse group of non-profit organizations, working to support an environment which encourages investment and innovation in the dynamic wireless sector. Our mission is to help inform and educate the public and key decision makers in business and government on the broad range of wireless innovations that are transforming our society and the nation’s economy.

This website is really good. While Using this website we feel great. it is one of the simple and useful website.

First time poster!

Mobile marketing advertising can be all types of advertising and marketing that use cell phone. Many individuals are convinced mobile marketing centers on text messaging, however it can also utilize voice messaging.
    Mobile strategy consultants

First time poster!

Default ok

thank you for sharing about Mobil future information for us.

I think future of mobile is bright as mobile has become multipurpose device and it replaces many devices like now people are using for camera, music player also used for Internet surfing and their are many features of mobile is on growth.

Banned

Default Mobil Future

Quote Originally Posted by Claren Cox View Post
    I think future of mobile is bright as mobile has become multipurpose device and it replaces many devices like now people are using for camera, music player also used for Internet surfing and their are many features of mobile is on growth.
    You are right Claren cox, future of mobile is bright. and also mobile is very useful for business purpose.

Mobility Member

Quote Originally Posted by mobilemac View Post
    Very well said, this is new information for me. Except this forum, I didn't really know that there are other sites with extension of .mobi If you could name a few for me, I'd be very grateful.

Thank You

There is no alternative of mobile in future. This device is unique and can easy available everywhere in the world even in far areas. With the passage time more features we will in it and it will be most useable device for us. Day by day we are seeing lots on changes in mobile but this device can not be replaced with any other device.

Quote Originally Posted by Claren Cox View Post
    Last edited by DIAZ; 01-10-2013 at 09:13 AM.