Thread: DrinkRecipe.mobi

Thumbs up DrinkRecipe.mobi

drinkrecipe.mobi puts thousands of drinks in your hand and lets you search for more. Soon it will let you search by ingredient, so if you have some weird bottle to finish off you can check out the choices.

You can bookmark the random drink page for when you can't think what to do.

The site is using Wordpress with both the WPTap plugin - for iphone - and the WPMP plugin for other phones. WPMP scores 5/5 at ready.mobi
    http://ready.mobi/results.jsp?uri=ht...i&locale=en_EN

Also one nice thing about treating the iphone separately is it still gets the predictive feature in search - suggests drink titles based on what you type.
    Last edited by gogo; 03-23-2010 at 12:44 AM.

This site makes me thirsty.

DrinkRecipe.mobi is just great GoGo, the mobile version is SWEET. You however need to work on SEO front, your site can go miles then. Oh btw if a mocktail recipe from drinkrecipe.mobi goes awry, we will know who to blame ( just kidding )

Quote Originally Posted by morse View Post
    DrinkRecipe.mobi is just great GoGo, the mobile version is SWEET. You however need to work on SEO front, your site can go miles then.
    Hi thanks for the comments. What do you suggest on the SEO front? I had to turn off Admob because the pages loaded so slowly, I haven't seen that before so it may be temporary.

btw the URLs aren't finalised yet, and I might add ratings but who really bothers to rate drinks?
    By all means submit drink recipes, if you want to name one after yourself or a friend, why not.

Maybe someone will invent the Jersey Girl cocktail. I hear the Moniker cocktail is an intoxicating brew with exquisite essence of crushed bugs on the rocks, a bit like a Grasshopper.
    Last edited by gogo; 03-24-2010 at 09:36 AM.

Pinky has put a link to it on his facebook! ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by newdomainer View Post
    Pinky has put a link to it on his facebook! ;-)
    Great news, thanks.

But you can't drink from your phone. Yet.

You can now search drink recipes by ingredient - I was amazed at the results for licorice. And more types of drinks are still in the pipeline.

And a big thank you to Coast for nominating this site for the latest Mobi-of-the-Month! competition.
    Last edited by gogo; 03-27-2010 at 09:14 AM.

Admob making page loading slow?? Hmm, that is strange! Their servers are quite powerful, as they serve so many requests. Which of the PHP script version are you using ? Try the PHP CURL one.
    About the SEO front, there is no title, description or keywords. If you add them then the search engines will love your site

Do you believe Germans only drinking beer?
    When I look for sth in German language I cannot find anything. However, most cocktail names here are the English original name, not translated.

Another thing: typo managment. Typed in Cubalibre (one word) quickly and got no result.

Beautyful and useful site though!

Abo Apo are Arena ars Benzin Bestellung Bett Cargo Champ Charger Deko descargas Devisen Dirndl Druck Elektro Ferienhaus Galeria Goud heiss Horoscopo ICT inline Jantes Jobboerse Joias Jury Kombi Kreuzfahrt Lichtmit Mobilfunk Moveis Nails Olio Onlinekredit Parfuem pep Pisa Polizei pronto Schlagzeilen Servicio SocialMediaMarketing Spielzeug StockExchange Styling tellTerminal TFT tire Transporter Vaticano viajar vivre was wau Wein wer Zahnarzt Zeit Zubehoer

Nice site gogo, tried on my nokia N95 and it works well. Interesting that switching my Mac firefox user agent to N95 doesn't format the same as my phone.

I'll be bookmarking this one on my phone for sure, there's been more than a few times I wanted an ingredients list while at the store, or trying to explain a drink to a bartender.

Well done, rep+

Quote Originally Posted by blitzpotz View Post
    When I look for sth in German language I cannot find anything. However, most cocktail names here are the English original name, not translated.
    Try searching for German Mouthwash on there LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by blitzpotz View Post
    Another thing: typo managment. Typed in Cubalibre (one word) quickly and got no result.

Beautyful and useful site though!
    Good point - as people drink their typing gets worse so the queries really should also search for typos.
    If you type slowly on a smartphone or PC you get predictive dropdown lists after a second - try typing cub or Cuba and you get a list of Cuban drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Scandiman View Post
    Nice site gogo, tried on my nokia N95 and it works well. Interesting that switching my Mac firefox user agent to N95 doesn't format the same as my phone.
    Hi the WPMP plugin now has several Nokia templates - the development of them was sponsored by Forum Nokia. Since this plugin sets a cookie, sometimes with the user-agent switcher you have to delete the cookie to change what version of the site you see.

Hmm, I never thought of this site as a shopping aid, you've given me an idea, thanks.

I was wondering if people generally assume a smoothie contains no alcohol - anyone know?

domainitrix

Cute site Gogo! Looks great and hope many folks visit.