Thread: New site incredibly slow

Default New site incredibly slow

Are any other members also finding this new mobility.mobi to be very slow. Pages take forever to load and when posting something or replying to a thread it takes forever too.

Its been slow and getting a bit more slower but one can survive with the speeds The new interface is nice but resource hogging. " tracert mobility.mobi " will possibly give you the relevant technical details of site speed.

Yup, the site has been running incredibly slow lately and it has nothing to do with the upgrade. The problem is with the hosting company - Arvixe - which is horrible. It's one problem after the other and I've wasted so much time dealing with them you guys would not believe me if I told you.

The load average on the server is supposed to be below 1 across the board on their BusinessClass servers and I've seen it as high as 48 today: http://stats.deer.arvixe.com/

I had contacted them about it and they supposedly suspended another site on this server to fix this problem, but it's still happening. I get the impression that they have oversold this server.

Everyone, please post here if you've been experiencing slow site speeds so that I can direct Arvixe to this thread so they can see it for themselves.

I want to put significant pressure on them to permanently resolve this issue as I do not have time right now to switch hosts again, even though I would love to.
    My .mobi's: Dating.mobi | Dubai.mobi | Adult.mobi | Banking.mobi | Student.mobi | Call.mobi | Horoscope.mobi | Messenger.mobi | Classifieds.mobi | LiveTV.mobi

Developed: Yup.mobi | Mobility
    | Why .mobi? | Banking | Vuelos | Airline Complaints | Random Site | Whois | Free Mobile Dating | Free Dictionary | Free Thesaurus | Horoscope | Astrology | Free Translation | Exchange Rates

Just a suggesstion Andres instead of just complaining to Arvixe that the site is slow ,its better to supply them with valid data. " tracert mobility.mobi " command run via command prompt from all over the world will give enough proof to you to corner Arvixe . I have had similar experiences with godaddy hosting and that is what they has asked me to do. In my case I only submitted server response time from India , but you are in a position wherein you can get server response time from almost every continent. I am just listing the method to trace route mobility.mobi . Hope it helps.
    A trace route shows that path that a connection takes from your computer to a website, or another computer.

If you are using the Windows operating system, follow these steps to get the trace route results:

• From your Start Menu, go to "Programs", then to "Accessories".
    • Here you will find either "MS-DOS Prompt" or "Command Prompt".
    • Click on that program and a window should appear with some information regarding your version of windows and a prompt. The prompt should be similar to the following:

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
    (C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\WINDOWS>

Note: The command prompt window may show different text than the above. However, that will not affect this process.

At the prompt, enter the following:

tracert mobility.mobi

After typing this press ENTER, you will get back a long list of information, and it will return to the original prompt you started with. To copy the results, right click on the menu bar of this window, go to "Edit" and select "Mark". Starting at the upper left-hand corner of the command prompt window, highlight the full contents of the trace results. Once you have it all highlighted, press the ENTER key on your keyboard. This will put the highlighted information into your Windows clipboard, allowing you to paste that into a text file to attach to your response.

If you are using Macintosh OSX, you can use an application called Terminal to run a trace route. You should be able to locate Terminal in your hard drive in the Utilities folder, under Applications.

Note: Terminal uses a command-line interface. This means you'll be entering commands at a prompt rather than using the more familiar Aqua graphic interface.

Once you have launched Terminal, enter the following to run the trace route:

traceroute mobility.mobi

Once this has completed, highlight the contents of the Terminal window. Click on the "Edit" menu and select "Copy". You can then paste this information into a text file, or where ever you want to.

I was wondering if it was just me. I've had trouble getting on the site. Been timed out on numerous occasions. Hope they fix it for you soon Andres.