Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ►►► MOBILITY 2.0 FEEDBACK!

Founding Member

It would be nice to have a "New posts" and "Todays Posts" on the front page in the same bar as the Forum link just to speed things up for us impatient folks

Navigation is a bit more time consuming with all the new forum and content areas. I know it takes time to get everything to gel. Just making some suggestions as I meander through.

Thanks for putting up with us Andres......
    C.T. Kirkpatrick
    Austin Texas
    Akron.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by think View Post
    It would be nice to have a "New posts" and "Todays Posts" on the front page in the same bar as the Forum link just to speed things up for us impatient folks
    This would make it easier, yes. Plus one button for ALL threads/posts in their chronological order.

Reason: Yesterday I saw a new thread opened by Dagersh which I wanted to answer later. It was about a new mobi startup, German website. I didn┤t subscribe as I would do that with my answer. Today I am looking for several minutes now but won┤t find it. No more time, passing.
    Mobility loses a lot of traffic if I am not the only one navigating in the fog like this.

Abo Apo are Arena ars Benzin Bestellung Bett Cargo Champ Charger Deko descargas Devisen Dirndl Druck Elektro Ferienhaus Galeria Goud heiss Horoscopo ICT inline Jantes Jobboerse Joias Jury Kombi Kreuzfahrt Lichtmit Mobilfunk Moveis Nails Olio Onlinekredit Parfuem pep Pisa Polizei pronto Schlagzeilen Servicio SocialMediaMarketing Spielzeug StockExchange Styling tellTerminal TFT tire Transporter Vaticano viajar vivre was wau Wein wer Zahnarzt Zeit Zubehoer

Quote Originally Posted by blitzpotz View Post
    This would make it easier, yes. Plus one button for ALL threads/posts in their chronological order.

Reason: Yesterday I saw a new thread opened by Dagersh which I wanted to answer later. It was about a new mobi startup, German website. I didn┤t subscribe as I would do that with my answer. Today I am looking for several minutes now but won┤t find it. No more time, passing.
    Mobility loses a lot of traffic if I am not the only one navigating in the fog like this.
    First off, here's that link, Bernd: http://mobility.mobi/showthread.php?52362-Flinc.mobi

Second of all, don't we already have what you guys are describing? The "What's New?" button in the top menu bar, next to "Blogs," shows me all recent posts throughout the forum, no matter which subforum they're from. Or am I misunderstanding the issue?

Quote Originally Posted by dagersh View Post
    don't we already have what you guys are describing? The "What's New?" button in the top menu bar, next to "Blogs," shows me all recent posts throughout the forum, no matter which subforum they're from. Or am I misunderstanding the issue?
    Thanks for pointing out the What's New button is the same as the New Posts link, old habits can die hard and I too didn't realize it was the same functionality, instead was looking for the "New Posts" as I'd been doing for years.

I mentioned before the forum is running much slower now, I typically wait 30-45 second for each page load, sometimes over a minute especially for New Post searches.

Quote Originally Posted by Scandiman View Post
    I mentioned before the forum is running much slower now, I typically wait 30-45 second for each page load, sometimes over a minute especially for New Post searches.
    WOW. I'm finding it take maybe 1-2 seconds longer than before to load a page - it has been no problem.

Might be worth getting some content on the lower left side of the front page. Personally I'd like to see a bit more there to draw people into the forum, but that might not be needed.

Also when you look at an overview of threads are you just getting a link to the first two pages?
    What I mean is this: if I look at the list of new posts, the listing for this thread offers me three links - first page, second page, and an attachment. If I click on the link for the second page, I find it is NOT the last page in the thread and I have to click further to get to the end, which where the latest posts are, which is where I want to be.
    Last edited by gogo; 03-24-2010 at 08:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gogo View Post
    WOW. I'm finding it take maybe 1-2 seconds longer than before to load a page - it has been no problem.

Might be worth getting some content on the lower left side of the front page. Personally I'd like to see a bit more there to draw people into the forum, but that might not be needed.

Also when you look at an overview of threads are you just getting a link to the first two pages?
    What I mean is this: if I look at the list of new posts, the listing for this thread offers me three links - first page, second page, and an attachment. If I click on the link for the second page, I find it is NOT the last page in the thread and I have to click further to get to the end, which where the latest posts are, which is where I want to be.
    To continue using this thread as the example, I currently see 3 link boxes, followed by the "paper clip" -- so I'm seeing all the links for the pages. I just click on the "3" box and it takes me here.

This should be an easy fix... on the mobile version homepage, the link to "forum" should go to /forum.php rather than /index.php

Founding Member

Quote Originally Posted by dagersh View Post
    First off, here's that link, Bernd: http://mobility.mobi/showthread.php?52362-Flinc.mobi

Second of all, don't we already have what you guys are describing? The "What's New?" button in the top menu bar, next to "Blogs," shows me all recent posts throughout the forum, no matter which subforum they're from. Or am I misunderstanding the issue?
    My bad. I thought the "what's new" tab was an introduction to the new site. Thank you for getting me up to speed.
    C.T. Kirkpatrick
    Austin Texas
    Akron.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by think View Post
    My bad. I thought the "what's new" tab was an introduction to the new site. Thank you for getting me up to speed.
    It is a somewhat misleading phrasing...

Mobility Regular

my feedback is not positive. I will be direct, I hate the new site. It is awful to view on my mobile phone.

Quote Originally Posted by namelot View Post
    my feedback is not positive. I will be direct, I hate the new site. It is awful to view on my mobile phone.
    I feel your pain, it can help if you set your mobility link to the forum main page at mobility.mobi/forum.php, unfortunately there's no link that will take you to that page on the mobile homepage, or on any of the mobile pages for that matter. My earlier suggestion in post #67 would help fix this.

it looks very nice, but taking too much time to load

Mobile version is working much better now Andres, thanks for fixing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Andres Kello View Post
    Also, keep in mind that this was a major version upgrade (from 3.x to 4.x) and the bug I encountered forced me to uninstall ALL the plugins we had (from iTrader to the Chat to the Mobile version). I backed up the iTrader (and the Personal Notepads) before doing so, but I don't know if were going to be able to put it back in place, although I still have your iTrader ratings and we can figure something out in the worst case scenario.
    Anything more happening with iTrader ratings? Many people earned glowing ratings for their good dealings in the community and that goodwill is now lost.

This post well illustrates the apprehension some people may have (especially new arrivals) without any access to trader ratings.
    Last edited by Scandiman; 04-13-2010 at 03:05 AM.

Anything more happening with iTrader ratings? Many people earned glowing ratings for their good dealings in the community and that goodwill is now lost.

This post well illustrates the apprehension some people may have (especially new arrivals) without any access to trader ratings.
    Looks like they're back now -- don't know how long that's been for...

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Looks like they're back now --
    They are? I don't see it at all. I see the rep scale but no trader ratings by the users info to the left of the posts.

Yes...just below the user's number of posts is "Marketplace Rating." Yours says 17 (100%)...

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Yes...just below the user's number of posts is "Marketplace Rating." Yours says 17 (100%)...
    There must be a permissions issue going on then, you as mod see it, I as regular Joe do not.

mobilityscreenshot.jpg

There must be a permissions issue going on then, you as mod see it, I as regular Joe do not.

mobilityscreenshot.jpg
    It was a permissions issue which I've just fixed. The regular Joe's and the Mod's could see it, but the Founding Member's could not.
    My .mobi's: Dating.mobi | Dubai.mobi | Adult.mobi | Banking.mobi | Student.mobi | Call.mobi | Horoscope.mobi | Messenger.mobi | Classifieds.mobi | LiveTV.mobi

Developed: Yup.mobi | Mobility
    | Why .mobi? | Banking | Vuelos | Airline Complaints | Random Site | Whois | Free Mobile Dating | Free Dictionary | Free Thesaurus | Horoscope | Astrology | Free Translation | Exchange Rates

Quote Originally Posted by Andres Kello View Post
    It was a permissions issue which I've just fixed. The regular Joe's and the Mod's could see it, but the Founding Member's could not.
    Thanks Andres.

Hi Folks,

Just a quick update to say that I've temporarily disabled the Mobility Frontpage CMS until I have more free time to actually get into it.

My plate has been very full these past few months and I don't want the front page to sit idle as it gives the wrong impression about the daily posts and activity happening in the forum.

This means that the Forum is now the homepage just like before the upgrade.

I've left the Blog feature in place in case people want to give that a shot. If not, I'll just disable it to reduce clutter.

If you guys have any suggestions, fire away. I can't promise I'll get to it right away, but I will get to it eventually.

Cheers!
    My .mobi's: Dating.mobi | Dubai.mobi | Adult.mobi | Banking.mobi | Student.mobi | Call.mobi | Horoscope.mobi | Messenger.mobi | Classifieds.mobi | LiveTV.mobi

| Why .mobi? | Banking | Vuelos | Airline Complaints | Random Site | Whois | Free Mobile Dating | Free Dictionary | Free Thesaurus | Horoscope | Astrology | Free Translation | Exchange Rates

Hi Andres,

Is there a way to put "who's online" directly under the chat? I think it was more social when this feature was in place because you could tell who was around and give a shout out to them in the chat. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by coast View Post
    Hi Andres,

Is there a way to put "who's online" directly under the chat? I think it was more social when this feature was in place because you could tell who was around and give a shout out to them in the chat. Thanks.
    Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be possible with this version of the Chat. The version we were using before the upgrade was from another developer who did not port it to vB4. This version is from another developer and actually integrates quite nicely with vB4 but it only shows who's online in the actual chat room.

Andres are you able to put a mobi registrations counter under the chat?

Thanks for checking on it, Andres. Good call about making the forum the front page, and congrats on the new advertiser!

Founding Member

Quote Originally Posted by noonoo1 View Post
    Andres are you able to put a mobi registrations counter under the chat?
    registrations could double overnight and it wouldn't necessarily mean anything real except more money in the registrar and registries pocket. domain registration count isn't really a good indicator of the real world progress a TLD has made.

Quote Originally Posted by mjnels View Post
    registrations could double overnight and it wouldn't necessarily mean anything real except more money in the registrar and registries pocket. domain registration count isn't really a good indicator of the real world progress a TLD has made.
    Plus that only seems like an applicable stat for the .mobi section, which is now just a part of the whole...

I'd like to see a magenta mobi logo in the Tour De France for TMobile... Oh wait, that's out of your jurisdiction

Andres, as of today I'm unable to view Mobility.mobi via Firefox and had to switch browsers. Since I never had this type of problem I'm wondering if it has something to do with the upgrade? I hope not but the message I get when navigating to Mobility.mobi is:

400 Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
    Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.

Cookie: vbulletin_collapse=forumbit...................... (a LOT more info follows here)
    I can forward you the full header info, I'd rather not post it publicly since it may contain private account info. Let me know if you want to read it.

Andres, as of today I'm unable to view Mobility.mobi via Firefox and had to switch browsers. Since I never had this type of problem I'm wondering if it has something to do with the upgrade? I hope not but the message I get when navigating to Mobility.mobi is:

400 Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
    Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.

Cookie: vbulletin_collapse=forumbit...................... (a LOT more info follows here)
    I can forward you the full header info, I'd rather not post it publicly since it may contain private account info. Let me know if you want to read it.
    I use Firefox and I'm not having any problems viewing Mobility on my end. Have you tried deleting your cookies?

Is anyone else getting this error?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast