Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: new section for top tier .mobi's

Smile Getting paid to moderate Premium Names section...

Hello again Andres, Mobility Mods, and Mobility.mobi Friends. I am out of hiding and ready to promote DotMobi full-scale...

Firstly, HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYBODY !!! Merry Christmas, Happy Hannukah, Happy Kwaanza, Happy Eid, Seasons Greetings, whatever holiday you celebrate during this time, have a Happy One.

I think a Premium DotMobi Forum Section would be great here at Mobility.mobi, and good overall for DotMobi's expansion. I would gladly volunteer some of my time to help "co-moderate" this section if indeed it goes through and moderators are needed (don't have to pay me anything for this cool responsibility). After all, I AM THE Cybersquatter.mobi

Again, Happy Holidays and Best Wishes for 2010...
    www.cybersquatter.mobi
    "The Art of Mobile-Web Domains"

Pred

i think then looking at ideas people have put forward and ideas of my own, either

1/ option to become an exclusive member or platinum or something
    $99 per year, and you get a few perks, bigger signature etc
    but you can post a thread in this premium section once a month

or

2/ $9.99 per listing
    max of 1 domain in any one listing
    min. value $500 per domain approx.
    one worders only

(people may get miffed if they submit a name and they lose 9.99 as not good enough. so people could make use of appraisal section and ask peoples genuine opinion first as to whether name should make it into premium section. could be a sticky in preium section to ask people to do this. save you work andres and also get genuine opinions from others first. )

Pred

http://mobility.mobi/showthread.php?p=140094#post140094

a perfect example of someone finding the 'premium' section and thinking it is something its not
    i think the idea i put forward is a goodun and thanks to everyone for their input. i will release the tm on the idea 'when' andres reps me. he's been too bone idle up til now

Quote Originally Posted by Pred View Post
    http://mobility.mobi/showthread.php?p=140094#post140094

a perfect example of someone finding the 'premium' section and thinking it is something its not
    i think the idea i put forward is a goodun and thanks to everyone for their input. i will release the tm on the idea 'when' andres reps me. he's been too bone idle up til now
    I think it is a good idea, too. Pred, you can't give rep from a mobile phone. There is no place to click to do it

Quote Originally Posted by Pred View Post
    i think then looking at ideas people have put forward and ideas of my own, either

1/ option to become an exclusive member or platinum or something
    $99 per year, and you get a few perks, bigger signature etc
    but you can post a thread in this premium section once a month

or

2/ $9.99 per listing
    max of 1 domain in any one listing
    min. value $500 per domain approx.
    one worders only

(people may get miffed if they submit a name and they lose 9.99 as not good enough. so people could make use of appraisal section and ask peoples genuine opinion first as to whether name should make it into premium section. could be a sticky in preium section to ask people to do this. save you work andres and also get genuine opinions from others first. )
    Hi Pred, the only problem with all this is that there's no easy way to automate any of it so it has to be done manually and that presents a problem for me due to time constraints, so we need to keep that in mind.

I like the idea of paid membership for extra perks as I've seen that work well with other forums, but I don't think we're quite there yet.

That leaves us option 2, but I think $9.99 is way too low, especially if I have to process each domain manually. Even more problematic, at that price there's going to be too many listings in the supposed "Premium" section and is so low that it does not automatically "vet" the quality of the domains as I think people will risk listing a mediocre name for just 10 bucks. I would also have to worry about whether a user posted more than once in a 30-day period, etc. It just gets too complicated at such a low price point.

I prefer to do it at $39 per listing, no minimum price, no maximum number of listings per month, and no commission. Again, IMO, that price is high enough that no one would pay $39 to list a domain under $500 (hence the automatic vetting), but not so high that they wouldn't list a genuine x,xxx-xx,xxx domain.

I'll be honest, I wouldn't want a domain listed every day in the Premium Section to begin with, so the idea of a higher price interests me more even if it means less overall revenue for Mobility due to significantly less listings. A listing every few days would be perfect as it would really keep the space exclusive, which again, would add even more value and exposure to those actually taking advantage of it. I definitely don't want that section to be a free-for-all with mediocre domains. I only want to see one-word (and some very good two-word) mobile-relevant generics in there and nothing else and I think this price point will force that to happen without anyone having to vet anything. If we can accomplish that, then that section will become the best place to quickly find top quality .mobi's anywhere in the world.

Anyway, I'll launch this new sub-forum before the New Year and we'll see how we go. I'm even going to try and see if I can list the contents of that new section on the Home Page for added exposure. Don't forget that we can always change things around if they aren't working out. Just give me a couple of days as I've just arrived in Punta del Este, Uruguay last night.
    My .mobi's: Dating.mobi | Dubai.mobi | Adult.mobi | Banking.mobi | Student.mobi | Call.mobi | Horoscope.mobi | Messenger.mobi | Classifieds.mobi | LiveTV.mobi

Developed: Yup.mobi | Mobility
    | Why .mobi? | Banking | Vuelos | Airline Complaints | Random Site | Whois | Free Mobile Dating | Free Dictionary | Free Thesaurus | Horoscope | Astrology | Free Translation | Exchange Rates

Pred

thats great andres, thanks for considering it and acting so quick on it.
    i want this to help the forum, you, the members and .mobi

let me have a think on the final best route imho. lots can be done easily with vb as you know like post restrictions etc easily

you're right maybe paid membership can come later

on the pricing i think $24.95 maybe a happier solution for the reasons you gave plus others, other people have mentioned

also maybe make the sticky (the section will have) a popup or a mustread before people go through and pay via paypal button or whatever.

i think people posting in appraisal section BEFORE going through and paying as a suggestion is a good idea. it can be self policed by members and mods alike and will save some noobs from just paying cash to promote a crap domain

after all we see it all time on sedo featured section. think people pay 39 euros and some of the domains are unbelievably bad. it seems to attract noobs

i'll have a good think

I think it's a good idea. How much should be payed to post there (and no cimmission) is still to be determined.

I recall suggesting a premium membership some time back.

As in, cough up some dollars for access to private forums and so on.

It's fair, Andres gets some wonga for hosting this site we take for granted and a wee budget to reward the mod team with stuff like amazon vouchers for putting up with the spam and bs that goes with it....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12