Thread: crosswords.mobi

Default crosswords.mobi

Hi, Just got this through Pool and wondered if it's any good. Not sure if I could sell or develop. Any suggestions guys?

Cheers

bob

ps. am a newbie so be gentle

Welcome to Mobility.

Do you have any web development experience? Could be a nice site but the development would be pretty extensive IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by bobby View Post
    Hi, Just got this through Pool and wondered if it's any good. Not sure if I could sell or develop. Any suggestions guys?

Cheers

bob

ps. am a newbie so be gentle
    Welcome to Mobility, Bob.

I was in the auction with you for Crosswords.mobi but decided against bidding because, as Scandiman said, it would require extensive development. We're talking lots of Javascript, which most mobile browsers can't handle (yet), and a wide format in order to be legible, which is incompatible with most small screens on mobile devices.

Having said that, where there's a will there's always a way, and "crosswords" is searched over 200,000 times a month, so it's in high demand.

Therefore, if you can figure out a creative way to develop a crosswords script for mobile devices, it could definitely be a winner.

You could, of course, go the easier route and simply offer crossword apps to download by linking as an affiliate to the different app stores (e.g. iTunes).

Good luck with whatever you decide and keep us posted!
    My .mobi's: Dating.mobi | Dubai.mobi | Adult.mobi | Banking.mobi | Student.mobi | Call.mobi | Horoscope.mobi | Messenger.mobi | Classifieds.mobi | LiveTV.mobi

Developed: Yup.mobi | Mobility
    | Why .mobi? | Banking | Vuelos | Airline Complaints | Random Site | Whois | Free Mobile Dating | Free Dictionary | Free Thesaurus | Horoscope | Astrology | Free Translation | Exchange Rates

Very nice name, I was going to backorder it but just didn't have the funds.

Cheers Guys, I do have a little development knowledge but mostly php and mysql stuff. Will let you know how things go if I do anything and may in the meantime will offer links to downloads as Andres suggested.

Bob