Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Introducing Orlando.mobi

  1. #1
    Mobility Regular pilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    812

    Thumbs up Introducing Orlando.mobi

    Hello everyone,

    I wanted to let you know that my new site orlando.mobi is now live. It took me a few months to decide on the the look & feel, plus not to mention that I had to learn some php first prior to developing it.

    Orlando, Fl receives over 45 million visitors each year, so I'm hoping that this will become the defacto mobile portal for Orlando. A special thanks to developmy and his coders.mobi site. I used examples there while learning php. Also, a special thank you to Scandiman for overall general help. The site scores a 5/5 at ready and is plugged into lodging.mobi for room reservations at over 80,000 hotels worldwide. There's still a ton of stuff to add, but I had to start somewhere. More information on things to do and places to eat in Orlando will be added over time.

    Check it out and let me know what you think. Any and all comments are welcome! Thanks everyone!
    Last edited by pilot; 12-04-2009 at 06:00 PM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    3,615

    Default

    That's just what a mobi-site should look like in my opinion.... nice one Pilot!
    (it's nice to see the weather forecast too... it makes me feel much better about the weather here in the UK! lol)

  3. #3
    MobiEnthusiast coast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    4,720

    Default

    Pilot, that is outstanding! Consider this my MOTM nomination.
    Last edited by coast; 12-19-2009 at 09:27 AM. Reason: added link

  4. #4
    Senior Member Tim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Sunny Southern California
    Posts
    2,432

    Default

    Nice site and nice showcase for lodging too. clever, clever


  5. #5
    Founding Member Scandiman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    9,538

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    Nice site and nice showcase for lodging too. clever, clever
    Hmm, I wonder if an affiliate program is in the works?

  6. #6

  7. #7
    Pred
    Guest

    Thumbs up

    outstanding
    pilot and scandi really do knock out sexy designs
    amongst the best layouts and clean designs i have ever seen amongst your sites

    sexiest and best mobi ive ever seen is obamas, dont care didnt pass ready ith5, loved it

    keep the work up guys

    reamd from cheek to cheek

    forgot to say, the domain alone is a humdinger! orlando!
    Last edited by Pred; 12-05-2009 at 12:00 AM.

  8. #8
    Founding Member Scandiman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    9,538

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pred View Post
    outstanding
    pilot and scandi really do knock out sexy designs
    amongst the best layouts and clean designs i have ever seen amongst your sites

    sexiest and best mobi ive ever seen is obamas, dont care didnt pass ready ith5, loved it

    keep the work up guys

    reamd from cheek to cheek

    forgot to say, the domain alone is a humdinger! orlando!
    It's also worth checking out via mobile to see device atlas at work.

  9. #9
    Senior Member GijsZePa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Nieuw-Vennep, The Netherlands
    Posts
    2,800

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pilot View Post
    Hello everyone,

    I wanted to let you know that my new site orlando.mobi is now live. It took me a few months to decide on the the look & feel, plus not to mention that I had to learn some php first prior to developing it.

    Orlando, Fl receives over 45 million visitors each year, so I'm hoping that this will become the defacto mobile portal for Orlando. A special thanks to developmy and his coders.mobi site. I used examples there while learning php. Also, a special thank you to Scandiman for overall general help. The site scores a 5/5 at ready and is plugged into lodging.mobi for room reservations at over 80,000 hotels worldwide. There's still a ton of stuff to add, but I had to start somewhere. More information on things to do and places to eat in Orlando will be added over time.

    Check it out and let me know what you think. Any and all comments are welcome! Thanks everyone!
    Great Site Pilot ! But what can you do with PHP, what you can't with asp(.net) ?

    Martin
    <signature police forced me to remove my image that was too large and had nothing to do with a mobi site >


    Autodisk.mobi - all dutch carspecs | Manage all your holiday accommodations with our online manager.

  10. #10
    Mobility Regular pilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    812

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by newdomainer View Post
    That's just what a mobi-site should look like in my opinion.... nice one Pilot!
    (it's nice to see the weather forecast too... it makes me feel much better about the weather here in the UK! lol)
    Thanks newdomainer! Hope the weather clears up for you

    Quote Originally Posted by coast View Post
    Pilot, that is outstanding! Consider this my MOTM nomination.
    Stop it! Thanks coast!

    Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    Nice site and nice showcase for lodging too. clever, clever
    Thanks Tim! Going forward, this is one of the ways that we'll be hoping to tie lodging into geo's or any site for that matter.

    Quote Originally Posted by Scandiman View Post
    Hmm, I wonder if an affiliate program is in the works?
    Shhhhhh! Where do you get your information? Let's keep the speculation to a minimum

    Quote Originally Posted by photoman View Post
    Very nice site there, good stuff!
    Thanks photoman!

    Quote Originally Posted by Pred View Post
    outstanding
    pilot and scandi really do knock out sexy designs
    amongst the best layouts and clean designs i have ever seen amongst your sites

    sexiest and best mobi ive ever seen is obamas, dont care didnt pass ready ith5, loved it

    keep the work up guys

    reamd from cheek to cheek

    forgot to say, the domain alone is a humdinger! orlando!
    Thanks again Pred!

    Quote Originally Posted by GijsZePa View Post
    Great Site Pilot ! But what can you do with PHP, what you can't with asp(.net) ?

    Martin
    Thanks Martin. It wasn't so much what you can and can't do using php vs .net. The problem that arose is that the site is hosted in a true cloud environment and they recently changed their certificates from a high trust level to a medium trust level, as it should be, thereby nullifying the use of calls to device atlas. It simply wouldn't work even when setting the trust level in the web.config. Using php allowed me to get around the issue.
    Last edited by pilot; 12-06-2009 at 12:55 PM.

  11. #11
    Pred
    Guest

    Default

    Did a little Little writeup
    nowt much, but help backlinks, seo etc

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    3,615

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pred View Post
    Did a little Little writeup
    nowt much, but help backlinks, seo etc

    Nice one Pred!

  13. #13
    Mobility Regular miellas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    NY/MI
    Posts
    515

    Default

    Beautiful work as always Michael! Works wonderful on the blackberry.

  14. #14
    Mobility Regular pilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    812

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pred View Post
    Did a little Little writeup
    nowt much, but help backlinks, seo etc
    rep added! Thanks Pred! Nice mention of lodging as well!

  15. #15
    Mobility Regular pilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    812

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by miellas View Post
    Beautiful work as always Michael! Works wonderful on the blackberry.

    Thanks Miellas!

Similar Threads

  1. Sponsored Post: Introducing BT MyPlace Mobi-Guides - Londonist
    By Scavenger in forum Latest "dotMobi" News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-06-2009, 04:11 PM
  2. Introducing nv.mobi
    By Sweet-Blossom in forum New Developed .mobi's
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-28-2009, 04:11 PM
  3. orlando.mobi $6030 and more from Traffic
    By warsteiner21 in forum Reported Domain Sales
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-22-2008, 01:05 PM
  4. T-Mobile expanding 3G network to Orlando - Bizjournals.com
    By Scavenger in forum Mobile Industry News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-19-2008, 06:00 PM
  5. Mobile Web Americas, Oct. 2-4, Orlando
    By Scandiman in forum News & Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-22-2007, 03:44 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
A Yup.mobi Mobile Site
Mobile Dating