Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pinky Brand Discusses the Past, Present, and Future of .Mobi

Quote Originally Posted by seanboy View Post
    I have watched every SuperBowl from start to finish since I was 5 years old, and I can tell you that the domain "budbowl.mobi" was never shown during the Super Bowl.
    So all those years of Super Bowl-viewing experience gave you special abilities in discerning a lack of .mobi ads?

There must be some job out there where you could put that talent to good use...

Quote Originally Posted by dagersh View Post
    So all those years of Super Bowl-viewing experience gave you special abilities in discerning a lack of .mobi ads?

There must be some job out there where you could put that talent to good use...
    You obviously missed the point, but whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by newdomainer View Post
    To put that in perspective, I have never watched a superbowl in my life, even one of the most watched sporting events on the planet could be said to have a minority audience when taken on a global scale - i.e. as nice as it would be; having a dotmobi ad at the superbowl isn't the "be all & end all"
    Top 45 U.S. network primetime telecasts of all time (1964-2008)

Did you notice how many of those were Super Bowls? Also look at the section below that one for the top primetime telecasts for 2000. The top ten spots are all Super Bowls, and 3 of them are conference championship games.

Since you're not from the US (you're from the UK, correct?), you might not understand just how big the Super Bowl is in this country. It may not be the "be all end all," but it would certainly help.
    Last edited by seanboy; 12-03-2009 at 07:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by seanboy View Post
    You obviously missed the point, but whatever.
    It was a joke. Got the point completely.

Another rough day?

It was a joke. Got the point completely.

Another rough day?
    You wouldn't believe the **** that I'm going through lately. And lemme take this time to apologize to everyone for being so jumpy. Things haven't been that great as of late.

Mobility Regular

Quote Originally Posted by coast View Post
    Perhaps other people are interested in a SuperBowl type ad, but that was never my desire. I want something different, something practically free, and I am going to go directly to mTLD and see if it's even a remote possibility.
    It doesn't need to be superbowl type ad, that is an extreme format. It can be cheap, but needs to be clever. The .tel video is a perfect example, it spread far and wide, carrying the .tel message with it. .mobi is a more useful product IMO, so a similar or superior viral type piece of content could transform mobi awareness. I am fairly confident that .mobi usage will grow and grow over the coming years, but I am not convinced the slow organic approach to growth is the way to optimize this growth. if global awareness occurs once 50% of all mobile sites have been built via m. or straight dotcom domains, then it was a mistake.

Contrary to pinky's statement, I personal find m. growing, and probably becoming the standard. Virtually the only time I encounter a mobi site is after consulting mobithinking showcase section first. I used to try direct type in of .mobi for my favourite sites and new sites, alas I don't really try that so often anymore, as its a bit fruitless.

I also feel that targeting SME's is not the best way to go. There are really cool NEW mobile sites being built all the time, some get huge amounts of press, None are using .mobi as their main domain. To get in front of people's eyeballs, you need, either 5 or 10 such new cool mobile services, or 5 or 10 thousand invisible niche SME companies.

Seems like .mobi is going for the slow long, difficult approach, not quick and effective, high bang for buck approach. Spend some money guys! Don't need to break the bank. I saw this the other day example the other day, maybe a small scale success, but clever, effective, viral, social-
    http://mashable.com/2009/11/25/faceb...-photo-tagging

Quote Originally Posted by Pred View Post
    waste of time
    zero was said
    Most accurate comment in this thread, especially for Mobility members who've heard this all before. rep+ predster.

My debate has nothing to do with being philanthropic as it has to do with the smart phone issue. How mTLD can lose on both sides of the smart phone debate is beyond me.

First the smart phone is decimating the argument for .mobi in developed worlds that CAN afford the technology. As I have previously mentioned, the smart phone browsers are grooming consumers to expect full PC sites despite the extraneous nature of PC information when one is on the go.

Second the loss of the trustmark is decimating the ability of .mobi to proliferate the populations of UNdeveloped worlds. This would be such an easy victory if mTLD would stop being such donkey d icks about it. If they would just impliment the trustmark enforcement, spend little (relative to developed markets) on advertising, and really make the case as .mobi does == mobile GUARAN F'ING TEEEEEEEED, then that would be a lot of .mobi users.

Instead, NOT. So they are losing on both sides of the argument simultaneously. Brilliant.

I sympathise with the points you raise here but unfortunately we live in a class society (based largely on money!) It's not something I like but it's a fact that many people will simply not be able to afford a smartphone with data plan etc.. but unless you are running a public service type website (not for profit) why would you want to target people who have little or no disposable income?

mtld have a vast array of resources and guides to building mobi-sites, just because they won't be policing the sites doesn't mean that their advice has changed; anyone with an ounce of sense who is building a mobi-site isn't going to build a whacking great pc site, I agree that some people will and when these sites are visited by those paying excessive data charges will get hit hard in the pocket but the reality is that developing countries have lower data charges and if end users are earning $30 a month I can't really see them spending much time surfing the net?

Your virtues are genuine and your sense of fair-play is admirable but I believe that the internet will effectively remain self-policing as it is already.
    The unfairness of downloading the occasional data heavy dotmobi site is no worse than me picking up the odd virus / trojan horse / malware etc.. from websites or emails I unwittingly open.... such is life in an imperfect world.

I think that it is a case of horses for courses; some sites will be targetting users on low end handsets in developing countries; these sites will be built to suit their average end user, as will fancy iphone type sites for the wealthy Newyork banker market.... the market has a way of finding its own level through trial & error far more effectively than legislation.

The bottom line is to repeat the mantra!

BUILD QUALITY COMPELLING MOBILE CONTENT AND PEOPLE WILL COME AND VISIT!

(which is not so great for us pure-play domainers!)
    So did Pinky give you any stats on how many sites use .mobi in your cosy chat? And did he give you a list of those who he claims whitelist .mobi, and a list of the others that they whitelist?

Mobility Regular

Hi newdomainer,

First of all I want to congratulate you for one of the best posts I’ve read in this forum after things turned sour here and your courage to be so realistically positive! I’m not going into details to praise all the great comments you made. I’ll just give you all the rep possible. I had to laugh when I read the reply about whether you work for dotmobi, because the same has happened to me in other forums.

Here are my personal reasons for still being enthusiastic about dotmobi:

-Most users don’t care about trustmark or the superbowl most of the world will be watching the soccer World Cup in South Africa 2010 and that’s dotmobi/mobile land.
    -The sales prices of dotmobis have been increasing over the past months.

-I don’t have the problem of a too heavy portfolio, but I have learned to be more objective and understand the members here that do and that some are facing problems because of the delay of dotmobi’s success.

-I have received personalized emails from Moniker/SnapNames to showcase some of my mobis, but didn't send them to auction yet because of the present market situation.

-One of my best friends owns one of the top 100 domain portfolios worldwide and he was quite amazed by some of the mobis I own. He used to think only .com, .info, .org and .net, but he has lately become more interested in dotmobi. I gave him some very interesting information that will surely be discussed in the near future in this forum...

-There is more and more information on the internet about how the mobile web is going to be the next BIG thing.

-I really believe dotmobi will play a huge role in the mobile web.

-Negative information and rumors travel faster and further than the positive.

Tim, with all the will in the world I cannot understand the fuss over the trustmark / compliance issue?
    The world has changed since 2006.... smartphones made the compliance issue almost a non-issue. (although premiums are still required to be compliant).

I've discussed this in PMs with you before and you have had every opportunity to look at some facts. You're entitled to your opinion but it would help to actually refer to the facts about the trustmark - it simply asks for a single page that can be understood by any mobile device, and in no way stops anyone creating various other versions of a site.

A smartphone can handle Javascript so it can add client-side functionality that makes a site work faster, but if a site is properly built it should also work without javascript - if it doesn't it has accessibility problems and so possibly legal problems, whether it is on PC or phone.

Quote Originally Posted by freeflow View Post
    Hi newdomainer,

First of all I want to congratulate you for one of the best posts I’ve read in this forum after things turned sour here and your courage to be so realistically positive! I’m not going into details to praise all the great comments you made. I’ll just give you all the rep possible. I had to laugh when I read the reply about whether you work for dotmobi, because the same has happened to me in other forums.
    Since you mentioned it - do you have pecuniary or other relationship with MTLD / Dotmobi?

Hi newdomainer,

First of all I want to congratulate you for one of the best posts I’ve read in this forum after things turned sour here and your courage to be so realistically positive!
    Hear, hear!

-The sales prices of dotmobis have been increasing over the past months.
    I agree.

-One of my best friends owns one of the top 100 domain portfolios worldwide and he was quite amazed by some of the mobis I own. He used to think only .com, .info, .org and .net, but he has lately become more interested in dotmobi. I gave him some very interesting information that will surely be discussed in the near future in this forum...
    Thats very interesting.
    ENOUGH SAID

Mobile Web Search, forget google, bookmark... JUST.mobi

Snowboards.mobi | Convert2.mobi | Caravans for Sale | VOTES.mobi

waste of time
    zero was said
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by newdomainer
    I was given an hour of Pinkys time today for which I was very grateful
    'Grateful'...?!?

- These guys have blown the single greatest opportunity in global business, since IBM declared the PC had no future back in the early '80's (opinion);

- These guys have induced investors to invest millions of dollars in their product, based on a misleading, core, competitive edge, premise (compliance) (Fact);

- These guys have promoted overblown expectations of credibility and potential for their product, based on the shameless promotion of a connection with the names of (passive) major, seed-funders (opinion).

Grateful that Pinky Brand will actually talk to you...??

Where do you think they get the money to pay his salary? That's right. From .mobi registrations....From you!

Careful of Stockholm Syndrome here, Gary....Victim, as cheerleader & apologist.

Quote Originally Posted by gogo View Post
    I've discussed this in PMs with you before and you have had every opportunity to look at some facts. You're entitled to your opinion but it would help to actually refer to the facts about the trustmark - it simply asks for a single page that can be understood by any mobile device, and in no way stops anyone creating various other versions of a site.

A smartphone can handle Javascript so it can add client-side functionality that makes a site work faster, but if a site is properly built it should also work without javascript - if it doesn't it has accessibility problems and so possibly legal problems, whether it is on PC or phone.

We've done this subject to death but I will say this again; site owners are the most motivated to ensure that their site works... if a visitor has a poor "user experience" they will not be back for months (if ever).
    There is no justification in saying that a site owner needs to be policed or regulated into building a positive user experience; the owner will want to do this anyway!
    It was unrealistic to expect mtld to police mobisites and in my opinion a compliant landing page followed by pages of non-compliant content would be such a turn off to users that it's a non-starter - i.e if every site was built to be compliant to the trustmark "minimum requirements" but then failed to follow through with the rest of their content I think I'd declare dotmobi dead myself!

Crappy non-compliant sites are not likely to damage the "ecosystem" because they simply won't get anything like the volume of traffic required to do any damage; and those sites that do get traffic will also receive feedback; this feedback will be used to evolve and improve sites - Scandi, Andres, Andy, Pilot, Coast, Rob etc... are all members here who constantly listen, watch & learn and improve their sites on a rolling basis; this will be how the mobile space is dominated; by the application of good old "common sense" (there is nothing finer!)

I don't know if this is a good analogy but if an end user visits a hotel or guest house or restaurant; do you think they really give a cr*p whether the building has a current fire safety certificate or food hygiene rating or has a license to serve alcohol? The truth is the "users" will simply assume that all is ok unless they notice something is amiss - like a block fire exit or a rat running across the dining room.... just as mobi-site visitors will notice that a site is cr*p when they visit it or not... the public are generally not that stupid, they know what is acceptable and what is not... we have all seen sites score well on Ready.mobi yet be pretty poor sites and others that score 3/5 and seem to rock!
    As Pinky commented about compliance; they have almost 100% compliance for the premium domains but the content on those sites is another matter altogether and I'm sure that you must agree on one thing; having 1 million compliant mobi-sites with 999,000 of those serving up cr*p is not desirable..... it is not compliance that will make or break dotmobi; it's the growth (or lack of) in compelling content on new & creative mobi-sites.....

The branding power is mobi=mobile + whitelisting + the .mobi zone file + the massive exponential growth in ALL mobile sites. Don't be under any illusion about m. usage because it will soar many times over as mobi-sites become more commonplace - however I do believe that many of those will either add a dotmobi as a redirect or as a stand-alone as the site owners realise the potential that the mobile web will unleash over coming years..

I'm sure I'm beginning to sound like a stuck record by now so I'll **** off to bed!

I'm sure I'm beginning to sound like a stuck record by now so I'll **** off to bed!
    You're right, you have learned nothing and repeat the same wishful thinking over and over.

The web is full of technically crap PC sites because the people who create them have no idea what they are doing. This will probably be even more so with mobile.

Mobility Regular

Since you mentioned it - do you have pecuniary or other relationship with MTLD / Dotmobi?
    No, I do not have any kind of connection to dotmobi. I’m just a hardcore mobi (mobile web) enthusiast who truly believes he will make some money from selling dotmobi domains in the future. Like I mentioned above, I can hold my portfolio for many more years and hopefully enjoy the $$.$$$ some day.

Rep+ It's true, Gary. You seem to not hear what people are saying and instead, YOU replay that old, tired record. Look at WHO has been sorely disappointed by trustmark abandonment and then say out loud that you are on the other side of the fence as them.

WAKE UP!

You're right, you have learned nothing and repeat the same wishful thinking over and over.

The web is full of technically crap PC sites because the people who create them have no idea what they are doing. This will probably be even more so with mobile.

Quote Originally Posted by DomainTalker View Post
    'Grateful'...?!?

[...]

Careful of hyperbole and grandstanding, DT...no one is a "victim" here. We all have made our own choices, and interpret circumstances however we see fit.

And yeah, there's nothing wrong with being thankful that the director of a company took a few moments to speak personally with you. It's just common courtesy, and I'm sure Gary meant nothing more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    Rep+ It's true, Gary. You seem to not hear what people are saying and instead, YOU replay that old, tired record. Look at WHO has been sorely disappointed by trustmark abandonment and then say out loud that you are on the other side of the fence as them.

WAKE UP!
    Just because you've taken things so personally doesn't mean that everyone should. Why is what he's saying so offensive to you?

I may not be 100% as optimistic as Gary on all this, but I'm far from giving up on .mobi...

Agreed.

'Grateful'...?!?

- These guys have blown the single greatest opportunity in global business, since IBM declared the PC had no future back in the early '80's (opinion);

- These guys have induced investors to invest millions of dollars in their product, based on a misleading, core, competitive edge, premise (compliance) (Fact);

- These guys have promoted overblown expectations of credibility and potential for their product, based on the shameless promotion of a connection with the names of (passive) major, seed-funders (opinion).

Grateful that Pinky Brand will actually talk to you...??

Where do you think they get the money to pay his salary? That's right. From .mobi registrations....From you!

This doesn't sound like DT to me?

Let's be ruthlessly honest here; we invested in dotmobi because we saw a $ to be made.... period!
    I am extremely disappointed with the progress made to date - this is not (imo) the responsibility of mtld. The market is all powerful and at the present time it is squeezing us until the pips squeak!

I think the Stockholm syndrome reference is a little bit insulting in this context; not so much to me or others here but to those that might have genuine cause to suffer in the true meaning of the word.

I don't believe that mtld forced anyone to register domains; I kick myself for registering so many - pure greed I'm afraid - a very human frailty! However, I took a speculative gamble and it didn't pay-off in the time-scale I had allowed.
    I do believe that dotmobi has significant potential to come good in the next 2 years due to the massive increase in made for mobile sites we are only just beginning to see the compounding affect start to work; the numbers are about to get interesting......

I kind of see what upsets you about the way dotmobi was marketed but would you expect any company to launch a product with pomp & ceremony or with a damp squib? mtld blew their own trumpet - if anything early feedback was that they weren't doing enough and now you're saying they did too much?
    The phones have moved on in leaps and bounds since 2005/6 and the trustmark goal posts had to be moved - if you recall most of the naysayers said right from the outset that compliance was unnecessary and too restrictive, to have stuck with it stood a good chance of killing the extension - it was a greater risk to stick with it than it was to shift with the times...... we have all known that dotmobi has been 'just another tld' for some time now.... but that doesn't stop it from being a bloody good tld, one with great backing, great resources, with a very pro-active registry behind it and one with a very succinct message - "for mobile"

I don't think mtld have "blown it" they are still very active and the mobile space is very young; mistakes are always made and always provide a valuable education, this should make mtld very wise indeed by now if they have indeed made so many mistakes? I think they have allowed the registry side of their business find its own level for now while they work on the tools and resources that will influence the 'mobility' of the internet; registrations will follow naturally once a foothold has been secured.

And yes, I am grateful that Pinky could spare me an hour on the phone; if I thought he was twiddling his thumbs bored witless with nothing to do I'd think differently but he's a very busy guy and seems to travel even more than Andres! & that's a lot of travel! lol
    How many companies do you know where someone at Pinkys level would make time to talk to a domainer? It's not many I can tell you.... and for that I am grateful.
    If you think my being polite enough to say thank you equates to brown nosing subservience then I would say that is a sad indictment on where we are all at right now... not that I'm averse to a little healthy cynicism or scepticism from time to time but is it really that shocking that I feel grateful?

I hope that members here will be able to batten down the hatches & tough it out for a while longer; I don't know how bad some of you have got it right now, it sounds like Sean has had a bad year & we all know of Pilots tragic events (I hope things are getting better for you), Noonoo has been through the mill this year as have my partner & I, but we're still here! And if we can pull through, the rest of you can too! - if you choose to of course....

Which reminds me; has anyone heard from Gerry recently? I hope he's doing ok - I heard he was unwell, I do hope he's doing ok!

Let's face facts; health is far more important than wealth; Mr Mobi showed us that time & time again; he'd have traded everything he had for good health!

dotmobi has been a big part of my life for over 3 years now; it hasn't dominated my life and I'm out of pocket to date - indeed, I may never recover my investment? but that was my decision, it is all part of my journey and who knows what awaits me at my destination?
    but one thing's for sure; there is much more to life than losing sleep over a trustmark or an m.

Mobility Regular

I don't think any tld needs domainers. Imagine if no domainers would have registered .coms in the past, there might only be half as many registered today, but most would be developed and not parked. That’s why I think the strategy of dotmobi concerning premium names is a smart move. It might take longer and might be more frustrating for us domainers, but in the long run it will increase the quality of developed mobile websites. This will also increase the demand for good mobi domains and will compensate for the trustmark issue.

Careful of hyperbole and grandstanding, DT...no one is a "victim" here. We all have made our own choices, and interpret circumstances however we see fit.

And yeah, there's nothing wrong with being thankful that the director of a company took a few moments to speak personally with you. It's just common courtesy, and I'm sure Gary meant nothing more than that.
    Indeed, we've all made our own choices, dag. And, we live with the consequences. Fair enough.

But, we make decisions based on information provided. If that information turns out to mislead the investor market, in important respects, which can affect the perceived value of the product, then, it goes beyond just a 'caveat emptor' thing. Misled is misled.

If a Publicly Listed company did that, it could be de-listed from a Stock Exchange.

Gary can be as grateful as he likes, if Pinky Brand deigns to talk to him. ...I'd say - in this situation - a Director of a company should regard themselves as fortunate if the investors would talk to them...

Last edited by DomainTalker; 12-04-2009 at 12:38 AM.

Pred

Talking

the most entertaining thing in this thread for me is noonoo's avatar

on a personal note i don't know whether to laugh or cry with the bitter sweet irony that i own: bailiff.mobi

better go, there's a knock at the door

nothing for it, on goes the false nose, time to fill the hump up with helium and float out of here
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXyfgBnnmIM

SO SO SO.....

Anyone wanna buy some mobi's?

I see that Tim is spreading his discontent wherever he can.... talk about self-defeating arguments!

Play a new record.... if you're that disgusted with dotmobi why are you still here?
    I don't know what set me off, I could have been reading something between the lines from Gary.

I've said I'm hanging onto a handful of .mobi names including the dozen or so I've already built out and that I plan on modifying my expensive amazon script to accommodate other affiliates so I'm not "giving up" on my .mobi names. I am not going out buying anymore of them though.

Is that an OK position with you guys?

Just because you've taken things so personally doesn't mean that everyone should. Why is what he's saying so offensive to you?

I may not be 100% as optimistic as Gary on all this, but I'm far from giving up on .mobi...

Gary, I'm ****** off.....But, as of now, I'm still with .mobi, too - for the long haul.

I didn't mean to disparage you, personally, with that post. And, I respect that you choose to lead a charge on the positive side of the equation. Perfectly entitled to do that.

But, my position is that I won't airbrush from history what was done - and, I hold to account those that did it. I don't get all warm & fuzzy about someone party to all that deigning to talk to us.

...But, if they do, then, I'd like it to begin with an apology, followed by some concrete action to fix it up.....Lets not, as investors, get sucked in (again) by vacuous 'feelgood' PR, and cosy chats, that say nothing solid, or new.....And, lets not evangelise someone who answers a phone.

If we're going to build .mobi into something successful, then, we'll build it domain by domain, site by site, on our own efforts.

That's it. End of, imo.

Last edited by DomainTalker; 12-04-2009 at 12:44 AM.

the most entertaining thing in this thread for me is noonoo's avatar

on a personal note i don't know whether to laugh or cry with the bitter sweet irony that i own: bailiff.mobi

better go, there's a knock at the door

nothing for it, on goes the false nose, time to fill the hump up with helium and float out of here
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXyfgBnnmIM

This one cracks me up.... it's a bite-size fable all on its own (excuse the pun); the lesson seems apt - always make sure you ask the right question!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXn2QVipK2o

Mobility Regular

This is an outstanding post, and you are spot on. I think a lot of us need to bear responsibility for our actions -- I too was motivated by the quick money possibilities. I remember meeting with one of the biggest DOTMOBI investors (he paid a enormous amount for some DOTMOBI names) in early 2007 at a celeb-type restaurant (not my usual stomping ground) in Miami Beach, and I gave him my MOBI portfolio. He emailed me the next day and told me my DOTMOBI portfolio would be worth more than $10 million in a year -- guess what, I believed him. And I even turned down some of his very high offers that day. By today's DOTMOBI market value, I'd assess this portfolio's valuation is now at 40 K maximum (on a good day).

You know what? I could care less --- Health is far more important than wealth, and the decline of DOTMOBI, coupled with the recession, has humbled me and taught me a lot about the true values in life: Family, Friends, Health and Desire (whether this is romance or creating products or art or community service, or software, or developed sites)....

Did we really believe Google, Deutsche Telekom, Vodafone, Microsoft would take active roles in advancing the MOBI brand? I think it was more wishful thinking...

Time to move forward, folks. There are some amazing minds on this site. We've cried in our beer enough; let's look for solutions, and cast off the excuses or those we deem culpable for Dotmobi's demise.

Be angry, grit your teeth, but let's fight on... ! I know this is cliche-ridden- but so be it!

Let's be ruthlessly honest here; we invested in dotmobi because we saw a $ to be made.... period!
    I am extremely disappointed with the progress made to date - this is not (imo) the responsibility of mtld. The market is all powerful and at the present time it is squeezing us until the pips squeak!

I think the Stockholm syndrome reference is a little bit insulting in this context; not so much to me or others here but to those that might have genuine cause to suffer in the true meaning of the word.

I don't believe that mtld forced anyone to register domains; I kick myself for registering so many - pure greed I'm afraid - a very human frailty! However, I took a speculative gamble and it didn't pay-off in the time-scale I had allowed.
    I do believe that dotmobi has significant potential to come good in the next 2 years due to the massive increase in made for mobile sites we are only just beginning to see the compounding affect start to work; the numbers are about to get interesting......

I kind of see what upsets you about the way dotmobi was marketed but would you expect any company to launch a product with pomp & ceremony or with a damp squib? mtld blew their own trumpet - if anything early feedback was that they weren't doing enough and now you're saying they did too much?
    The phones have moved on in leaps and bounds since 2005/6 and the trustmark goal posts had to be moved - if you recall most of the naysayers said right from the outset that compliance was unnecessary and too restrictive, to have stuck with it stood a good chance of killing the extension - it was a greater risk to stick with it than it was to shift with the times...... we have all known that dotmobi has been 'just another tld' for some time now.... but that doesn't stop it from being a bloody good tld, one with great backing, great resources, with a very pro-active registry behind it and one with a very succinct message - "for mobile"

I don't think mtld have "blown it" they are still very active and the mobile space is very young; mistakes are always made and always provide a valuable education, this should make mtld very wise indeed by now if they have indeed made so many mistakes? I think they have allowed the registry side of their business find its own level for now while they work on the tools and resources that will influence the 'mobility' of the internet; registrations will follow naturally once a foothold has been secured.

And yes, I am grateful that Pinky could spare me an hour on the phone; if I thought he was twiddling his thumbs bored witless with nothing to do I'd think differently but he's a very busy guy and seems to travel even more than Andres! & that's a lot of travel! lol
    How many companies do you know where someone at Pinkys level would make time to talk to a domainer? It's not many I can tell you.... and for that I am grateful.
    If you think my being polite enough to say thank you equates to brown nosing subservience then I would say that is a sad indictment on where we are all at right now... not that I'm averse to a little healthy cynicism or scepticism from time to time but is it really that shocking that I feel grateful?

I hope that members here will be able to batten down the hatches & tough it out for a while longer; I don't know how bad some of you have got it right now, it sounds like Sean has had a bad year & we all know of Pilots tragic events (I hope things are getting better for you), Noonoo has been through the mill this year as have my partner & I, but we're still here! And if we can pull through, the rest of you can too! - if you choose to of course....

Which reminds me; has anyone heard from Gerry recently? I hope he's doing ok - I heard he was unwell, I do hope he's doing ok!

Let's face facts; health is far more important than wealth; Mr Mobi showed us that time & time again; he'd have traded everything he had for good health!

dotmobi has been a big part of my life for over 3 years now; it hasn't dominated my life and I'm out of pocket to date - indeed, I may never recover my investment? but that was my decision, it is all part of my journey and who knows what awaits me at my destination?
    but one thing's for sure; there is much more to life than losing sleep over a trustmark or an m.
    Last edited by Mobineer; 12-04-2009 at 12:45 AM.

I'm done talking about this and back to developing. I hope to have something to show everyone after Christmas.

I'm astounded that some want to sweep such corporate irresponsibility under the rug and "move on." Move on to what another bait and switch? If a company is willing to scrap their flagship benefit when it suits them, it just begs the question what else? When you team that with other let downs of the company's own making, how can you defend them? It's very victim love imo.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast