Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Pinky Brand Discusses the Past, Present, and Future of .Mobi

You should put that on your business card, Tom My product is the best wink wink nudge nudge know what I mean (no it's not)

I'm sick of people telling me to get over it. Stop reading the threads that don't interest you; It's really very simple. Maybe the people who are discussing the "same s hit" over and over again have an interest in the answers.

PS. the answer is not stop talking about it.

PSS. the sign of a good employee / manager / officer is not one who says yes a lot, but one who finds and solves problems. So I would think Pinky would find your simplistic / one dimensional comment insulting.

Happy Holidays, Tom
    Quote Originally Posted by Egnited View Post
    I can't comprehend why anyone would expect Pinky to say anything but positive things about his company. It's ridiculous to expect him to admit that there's a problem... of course they're going to say that everything is going great! New registrations could drop 50% and they'd put a positive spin on it! It's called BUSINESS!

People need to quit expecting so much of mTLD.... thread after thread (after thread!) people are regurgitating the same **** over and over (and over!). What a waste of life!

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    Happy Holidays, Tom
    lol, same to you Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by Egnited View Post
    I can't comprehend why anyone would expect Pinky to say anything but positive things about his company. It's ridiculous to expect him to admit that there's a problem... of course they're going to say that everything is going great! New registrations could drop 50% and they'd put a positive spin on it! It's called BUSINESS!
    I totally agree with you here Egnited, which is why Pred nailed it early on. Nothing (of any consequence) was said.

Yup, I agree......the iPhone was the game-changer...

...'Default' .mobi died the day iPhone arrived, and, Dotmobi failed to respond.

Quote Originally Posted by Andres

.mobi had the opportunity to create the mind share...

December 7, 2009

Yup. It wasn't that Dotmobi weren't alerted to the urgency of it (feedback to the first mTLD Webinar, in mid-2008):

Quote Originally Posted by DomainTalker

...Timing in life - and markets - is everything....Especially in fast-moving, fast-changing, situations....And, the fight for the preferred mobile internet access mechanisms is a super-fast changing game, right now.

August 20, 2008

Looking back one day, 2008/9 may well turn out to be the critical turning point for the success of .mobi. It is now that views & habits - of developers, business entities, Marketing Advisors, and, importantly, consumer users - are being formed, and established - and, its now that devices & technologies are being rapidly introduced & adopted - that may well define mobile internet usage for the future. Now. Not several years in the future.

August 20, 2008

The time is right - NOW - to bring marketing skills to the fore, to move out boldly with a killer global campaign to embed .mobi as THE killer App - Directed at BOTH B2B, AND, B2C...Its time to create critical-mass...'
    And, take the market....Perceptions & momentum are crucial in this.

August 20, 2008

Standing at this crossroads in 2008/9...

...I hope that we don't look back in, say, 2012, and say, ruefully, 'I wish we had turned right, instead of left, at that critical moment in time, in 2008/9'.

August 20, 2008

Dotmobi turned left...

I agree with seanboy & nrmillions....Design for the smartphone in Mobile - with, or without - a .mobi extension.

Its the only mobile future.

Last edited by DomainTalker; 12-08-2009 at 01:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by seanboy View Post
    The best part about your strategy is that the sites you make for iPhones should automatically work for Android phones too, since both of their browsers are based off of Webkit. I will go on a limb and say that the Palm Pre and Pixie phones use a Webkit browser, but i'm not entirely sure. Also keep in mind that as things progress down the road, eventually all smartphones will support these new sites, and these sites aren't using any technology thats specific to iPhone and Android. Many of these sites are using just regular HTML, although some adventurous types are using HTML5 already.
    As a Palm Pre Owner I can confirm that WebOS Devices are using a webkit based browser. And I won't target old devices without proper Javascript and CSS support with my handful of .mobi domains. I think the smartphone future is giving everyone a basic version and tap into device specific functionality with custom JS libraries, probably converging later in HTML tags for common needs like position / messaging / contacts etc.

Besides that: Palm Pre rocks as a surf tablet on the go. I'm sure androids will outperform palm, but so far I really like that device.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234