Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: IMPORTANT: Reorganizing the Forum

Thumbs up IMPORTANT: Reorganizing the Forum

Hi Folks,

As I've mentioned a number of times and specifically in this post, Mobility will be expanding beyond .mobi in the coming months to encompass the entire Mobile Sphere, with a stronger focus on Development.

I want Mobility to become the eBay of the Mobile Industry, a one-stop-shop for any and all mobile needs, questions, and solutions, a place to network with top players in each segment of the industry with the breadth and depth to cater to all needs and tastes.

Whether someone is looking for information on how to unlock a Nokia N95, how to build a 3D app for the iPhone 3GS, which phones allow web access to their GPS coordinates, how to develop a specific .mobi site with simple m-commerce capabilities, or which local carrier transcodes web content (and how), I want them to think "Mobility.mobi".

Today there is a very limited number of members here that can answer the above, and I want to change that by attracting more knowledge. The more knowledge that is shared, the easier it will be to produce something innovative and unique.

The idea is that if there is one site where all mobile needs can be met, then it can spark new partnerships and ideas that would otherwise never have been possible while making members increasingly more productive with all their mobile endeavors. I want to attract the best talent across-the-board to allow not only new partnerships to spark but to thrive here as well.

We're still in the very early days of the mobile game and I want to make sure we catch this wave at its peak and ride it through all the way.

Attempting to be all things to all people is normally a very difficult task, but I think we're very well positioned to do just that. We're experiencing non-stop growth (in terms of unique visitors) and I want to leverage that in the coming months to expand well beyond a simple domain extension. This is a very important step in Mobility's short life and I do not want to rush it, so I want to get input from everyone on how we should begin to reorganize Mobility.

I always believed .mobi would grow to the point where it would become the epicenter of the industry and thus allow Mobility to ride that wave together, but as this past year or so has shown us, that is simply not happening. The reality is that there is simply a lot less interest in .mobi these days, as evidenced not only by the falling New Thread Counts and Post Counts right here on the only .mobi-centric forum in the world (those who saw my presentation to the PAB from a few months ago know exactly what I'm talking about) but also by the numerous loyal members who don't visit as frequently anymore or have disappeared altogether. The mojo is just no longer there, so I think Mobility needs to course-correct and expand for its own long-term viability as it can no longer depend on .mobi if it is to continue its excellent rate of growth.

I'm open to any and all input, as always, so don't be shy and feel more than free to contribute ideas while we openly brainstorm this reorganization.

To help guide us, here is the current layout of Mobility.mobi (as seen on the homepage):

Community
    - Introductions
    - .mobi Newbies
    - .mobi Showcase
    ---- Member Portfolios
    - .mobi of the Month™
    - Lounge

General
    - News & Discussion
    ---- Latest "dotMobi" News
    ---- Mobile Industry News
    - Private Discussion (Members only)
    ---- Digg This!
    ---- Available .mobi's
    - News
    - Legal (Private)

mTLD
    - mTLD

Mobile Development
    - New Developed .mobi's
    ---- New .mobi sites Developed by Members
    - Mobile Web Design
    ---- MobiForge
    -------- MobiForge RSS
    ---- .mobi Compliance
    ---- Mobile SEO
    ---- CMS
    ---- SMS
    - Mobile Advertising / Parking / Monetization
    - Mobile Marketing
    - Mobile Developers Wanted
    ---- Mobile Developers For Hire
    - Development Ideas (Private)
    - Beta Testing (Private)

Marketplace
    - Reported Domain Sales
    - .mobi's For Sale - Offers Wanted
    ---- Non- .mobi's
    - .mobi's For Sale - Fixed Prices
    ---- Non- .mobi's
    - Developed Mobile Websites For Sale
    ---- Scripts/Templates/Turnkeys
    ---- Non- .mobi's
    - .mobi Auctions
    ---- Send to Sedo Auction! (Private)
    ---- Non- .mobi's
    ---- Sedo Auctions
    ---- eBay (Link)
    - .mobi's Wanted
    - .mobi Appraisals (Private)
    - Premium .mobi's For Sale
    - Reviews (NEW!)
    ---- Book Reviews
    - Classifieds

Mobile Phones & Carriers (NEW!)
    - Mobile Phone Discussion
    - US Carrier Discussion
    ---- US Prepaid/MVNO Discussion
    - Canadian Carrier Discussion
    ---- Canadian Prepaid/MVNO Discussion
    - European Carrier Discussion

International
    - Español
    - Português
    - Français
    - Italiano
    - Deutsch
    - Nederlands

Adult (Must be over 18)
    - Adult Lounge
    - Adult Discussion
    - Adult Marketplace

Feedback
    - Suggestions / Comments / Criticisms

EXTERNAL
    - Support Forums
    ---- mobiSiteGalore (Akmin)
    ---- Mobi Site Trader
    One of the reorganizations I envision, for example, is rather than every section on Mobility being about .mobi, creating a section specifically for .mobi and moving all .mobi-related sub-forums underneath that section. So for example, the current mTLD section and sub-forum would be moved under that new .mobi section rather than being in a section all of its own.

As I mentioned earlier, I also want a much stronger focus on Mobile Web Development, including Mobile App Development. In fact, I think each should get its own specific section with several sub-forums to tackle each of the various elements they comprise.

As we continue to grow and expand, the "New Posts" link will become less and less useful as most members will only be interested in a specific section (e.g. .mobi, or app development, or info about phones, etc.), so I'll look into creating a type of "New Posts" for each section so people can keep track of only the sections they're interested in.

So let's think outside the box and see how best we can organize Mobility to encompass all aspects of the Mobile Industry.

I expect this discussion and brainstorming to take several weeks (perhaps even months) before any changes are actually finalized and implemented. Again, I don't want to rush it as this will be the biggest change to Mobility we've seen yet. And of course, if something isn't working out after we've implemented the changes, we can always change things back and re-work them.

Let's butt heads and see what kinds of ideas we can come up with as we continue this amazing journey together.

Let's hear it!
    My .mobi's: Dating.mobi | Dubai.mobi | Adult.mobi | Banking.mobi | Student.mobi | Call.mobi | Horoscope.mobi | Messenger.mobi | Classifieds.mobi | LiveTV.mobi

Developed: Yup.mobi | Mobility
    | Why .mobi? | Banking | Vuelos | Airline Complaints | Random Site | Whois | Free Mobile Dating | Free Dictionary | Free Thesaurus | Horoscope | Astrology | Free Translation | Exchange Rates

Quote Originally Posted by Andres View Post
    One of the reorganizations I envision, for example, is rather than every section on Mobility being about .mobi, creating a section specifically for .mobi and moving all .mobi-related sub-forums underneath that section. So for example, the current mTLD section and sub-forum would be moved under that new .mobi section rather than being in a section all of its own.

As I mentioned earlier, I also want a much stronger focus on Mobile Web Development, including Mobile App Development. In fact, I think each should get its own specific section with several sub-forums to tackle each of the various elements they comprise.
    The transition to the greater mobile web/mobile app development content space is less about moving away from .mobi and more about moving away from domaining. If I had to guess a number, I'd say at least 50% of the human generated threads are about domains for sale. Less of an emphasis on the domain marketplace, reported sales, appraisals, portfolios, etc is needed.

Also consider providing lots of unique tutorials regarding development. Often times those doing development are not inclined to share their hard learned skills with others so freely and the discussion needs to be initiated time and again. If this is to be a place to learn more about development then there needs to be a large quantity of high quality information about the code to make it have authority among the competition. Also be prepared to answer as many questions as you can yourself to move the discussions forward or else it will simply be a bunch of question threads with no concrete answers to help people move forward with their projects. Noobs answering noobs isn't going to get it done. I don't know your budgetary considerations but if possible consider incentivizing some qualified code experts to answer questions. There's tons of places to ask questions online but very few places to get good answers consistently.

I agree with Scandiman on all of the above.

Quote Originally Posted by coast View Post
    I agree with Scandiman on all of the above.
    ditto - I win!

Seriously, though, I have a few suggestions that might look appealing in some form to new people:

1) a job board like that of (now) freelancer.com
    2) a credible blog with real, unique, and timely analysis from some of your contacts - published through PR and RSS.
    3) a realtime counter of the number or handsets currently activated across the globe
    4) revenue share monetized tutorials either through subscription, one time purchases, or ad based revenues.

that's it for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Scandiman View Post
    The transition to the greater mobile web/mobile app development content space is less about moving away from .mobi and more about moving away from domaining. If I had to guess a number, I'd say at least 50% of the human generated threads are about domains for sale. Less of an emphasis on the domain marketplace, reported sales, appraisals, portfolios, etc is needed.

Also consider providing lots of unique tutorials regarding development. Often times those doing development are not inclined to share their hard learned skills with others so freely and the discussion needs to be initiated time and again. If this is to be a place to learn more about development then there needs to be a large quantity of high quality information about the code to make it have authority among the competition. Also be prepared to answer as many questions as you can yourself to move the discussions forward or else it will simply be a bunch of question threads with no concrete answers to help people move forward with their projects. Noobs answering noobs isn't going to get it done. I don't know your budgetary considerations but if possible consider incentivizing some qualified code experts to answer questions. There's tons of places to ask questions online but very few places to get good answers consistently.
    Good suggestions, although I don't want to be too in a rush to scrap the domaining angle. There are quite a few of us who are still in it primarily for that, even if the reseller market is lousy at the moment.

I think the de-emphasis on domaining would happen naturally, particularly given that .mobi discussion will be merely a sub-forum of the overall forum.

I'm really looking forward to this.

If you want the question answering to flourish, check out how they created http://stackoverflow.com/ - I read they put a huge effort into ensuring the best answers are promoted.

And this is a good resource too - not specific to forums, but really helps you think clearly: Building Social Web Applications especially about how to give authority to answers, similar to the rep system here. The book has various case studies and inside info.

This thread is one of the things they recommend - laying the groundwork for change - and they recommend setting a deadline, too.

Quote Originally Posted by dagersh View Post
    I think the de-emphasis on domaining would happen naturally, particularly given that .mobi discussion will be merely a sub-forum of the overall forum.
    I agree, and it may also interest a new clientele in domains and domaining. Why not an FAQ for designers or businesspeople on how to pick a domain name? A lot of people put that decsision in the hands of a web developer and get mixed advice and mediocre results.

Great feedback so far, folks!

The transition to the greater mobile web/mobile app development content space is less about moving away from .mobi and more about moving away from domaining.
    It's actually about expanding beyond both. For example, I want to attract developers interested in creating iPhone-specific sites with Javascript enabled, but those discussions rarely happen on Mobility since such a site would fail a Ready.mobi score and be non-compliant as far as .mobi is concerned. Mobile Apps also have nothing to do with .mobi. Having said that, I don't want to lose the domainer appeal of Mobility and .mobi will still be important, but it will only be a section of the forum to better reflect the realities of the mobile industry.

If I had to guess a number, I'd say at least 50% of the human generated threads are about domains for sale. Less of an emphasis on the domain marketplace, reported sales, appraisals, portfolios, etc is needed.
    I would agree with that percentage and I have no problem with the volume of domain sales thread, but I do have a problem with them representing such a large proportion of threads. So while I wouldn't want to derail the marketplace at all, I do want to expand the forum so that that 50% is naturally lowered dramatically due to new and interesting threads and discussions about things other than domain sales. However, I would still like to keep this as the place to buy, sell, and trade mobile domain names, but perhaps there will no longer be a need to differentiate between .mobi domains and non-.mobi mobile domains (e.g mHotels.com) either of which could prove equally useful for a mobile developer.

Also consider providing lots of unique tutorials regarding development. Often times those doing development are not inclined to share their hard learned skills with others so freely and the discussion needs to be initiated time and again.
    If one thing has amazed me about the internet, it's people's willingness to share knowledge. I've seen it time and again in such places like Namepros, Webmaster World, and right here on Mobility. Lot's of great people have passed through Mobility, but few of them stick around. I think that's because they find it quite limited once they become a member and browse around (like you said, half the threads are about domain sales). We've had Google Senior Engineers join, members of the Sony Ericsson Developer World team, VP's from Bango, prominent Mobile Bloggers, among others, and these are the kinds of folks I not only want to attract, but also convince to stay and help build this community. Sticky's and tutorials are a great idea as they lay the groundwork for more specific discussions. We already have some great sticky's (which I'm sure are responsible for a significant portion of the Google traffic we receive), and I agree that more sticky's and in-depth tutorials will be warranted to avoid having to reinvent the wheel each time.

If this is to be a place to learn more about development then there needs to be a large quantity of high quality information about the code to make it have authority among the competition.
    I agree 100%.

Also be prepared to answer as many questions as you can yourself to move the discussions forward or else it will simply be a bunch of question threads with no concrete answers to help people move forward with their projects.
    Absolutely, but it's going to take a lot more than just me answering questions to move this forward, and I think we have a strong enough community that everyone will be engaged in the process. What I think we're currently missing here is a more organized structure that's more conducive to that kind of help and collaboration.

Noobs answering noobs isn't going to get it done. I don't know your budgetary considerations but if possible consider incentivizing some qualified code experts to answer questions.
    I don't plan to invest any more capital into Mobility until it can pay for itself, but the incentives - which are a great idea - do not necessarily have to be financial in nature. In fact, often times simply being an "expert" on a specific topic at a popular public forum has its own rewards as it opens doors to opportunities and partnerships from people who are made aware of your talents by your contributions. We've even seen that right here on Mobility, with new partnerships forged between members who sought out each other based on what they had witnessed right here.

There's tons of places to ask questions online but very few places to get good answers consistently.
    And we want to make sure Mobility is the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim
    Seriously, though, I have a few suggestions that might look appealing in some form to new people:

1) a job board like that of (now) freelancer.com
    Excellent idea, I agree 100%. This shouldn't be difficult to do. However, I would not want Mobility handling the finances of the job board, but it could certainly serve as a sort of craigslist-type board and then let members take it from there. It would be an expansion of the current "Developers for Hire/Wanted" sub-forum, and I think it should even get its own section.

2) a credible blog with real, unique, and timely analysis from some of your contacts - published through PR and RSS.
    Funny that you would mention that as I was planning for precisely this thanks to the upcoming vBulletin 4 which comes with a Publishing Suite with a seamlessly integrated content management system (CMS) and blogging platform. My idea is to invite guest bloggers who are prominent in their mobile field to post about a specific topic (and plug themselves and their work in the process). This would help make Mobility a great resource for unique and compelling articles about the Mobile industry while giving authors more exposure to their work.

3) a realtime counter of the number or handsets currently activated across the globe
    That would be a clever marketing gimmick that wouldn't be difficult to do. All we would need to know is the current number of handsets plus the rate of growth, and a little Javascript would make it happen. This would be a great reminder to members and visitors alike of the extraordinarily massive size of this industry.

4) revenue share monetized tutorials either through subscription, one time purchases, or ad based revenues.
    Revenue-sharing is a great incentive for authors, but is often difficult to implement seamlessly, particularly on a forum like this. I prefer to keep Mobility 100% free, including the knowledge within, even if it means slightly less contributions from members. Having said that, I'm not completely closed-off to the idea and this is something we could re-visit after the changes are implemented depending on the quality of submissions we could entice via a revenue-sharing model vs. the free model.

Quote Originally Posted by dagersh
    Good suggestions, although I don't want to be too in a rush to scrap the domaining angle. There are quite a few of us who are still in it primarily for that, even if the reseller market is lousy at the moment.

Don't worry Dave, I have absolutey no intention of scraping any domaining sections as I still want Mobility to be the place to buy, sell, and trade mobile domain names and sites. I also agree that the de-emphasis will happen naturally as we expand, and that I do intend to make happen.

Quote Originally Posted by gogo
    I'm really looking forward to this.

If you want the question answering to flourish, check out how they created http://stackoverflow.com/ - I read they put a huge effort into ensuring the best answers are promoted.

And this is a good resource too - not specific to forums, but really helps you think clearly: Building Social Web Applications especially about how to give authority to answers, similar to the rep system here. The book has various case studies and inside info.

This thread is one of the things they recommend - laying the groundwork for change - and they recommend setting a deadline, too.
    The Digg-like promoting of best answers is one of those outside-the-box ideas that could prove quite useful. However, we'd have to think carefully about how it would affect the flow of the forum, particularly if threads and/or posts are ordered by diggs as opposed to time. There are already a few vB hacks (here and here) that could do something like this, and there is an open-source digg-like platform that we could possibly add independently of the forum, so these are some things to start thinking about.

I agree, and it may also interest a new clientele in domains and domaining. Why not an FAQ for designers or businesspeople on how to pick a domain name? A lot of people put that decsision in the hands of a web developer and get mixed advice and mediocre results.
    That's a good idea and would not be difficult to do. We certainly already have the expertise to do it. This is a perfect example of the kinds of new sticky's we could add.

Great feedback so far, folks, let's keep it coming!
    My .mobi's: Dating.mobi | Dubai.mobi | Adult.mobi | Banking.mobi | Student.mobi | Call.mobi | Horoscope.mobi | Messenger.mobi | Classifieds.mobi | LiveTV.mobi

| Why .mobi? | Banking | Vuelos | Airline Complaints | Random Site | Whois | Free Mobile Dating | Free Dictionary | Free Thesaurus | Horoscope | Astrology | Free Translation | Exchange Rates

I think it goes with out saying - and all the more reason it should be said - that the reason most of us have success either with .mobi domains or with developed site is due to the contacts we have made on this forum. I believe people will continue to share. The guest post idea is great. I am doing that myself for mobienthusiast, and although none have yet been published, I am meeting people who do enterprise mobile solutions. People in that realm would certainly be influencers when it comes to .mobi, and would be a welcome addition to the forum.

Pred

number 1 for me is get that ba$**** rss feed out of the news section. bloody repetitive crap and it keeps knocking down the interesting threads.
    i would suggest putting the rss in a separate little area, a mini forum, not a subforum as it is now

rant over

Quote Originally Posted by Pred View Post
    number 1 for me is get that ba$**** rss feed out of the news section. bloody repetitive crap and it keeps knocking down the interesting threads.
    i would suggest putting the rss in a separate little area, a mini forum, not a subforum as it is now

rant over
    That's something we can look into as we start organizing the new sections. I wouldn't want to do away with the RSS Feed completely as it's been responsible for a significant chunk of new .mobi site discoveries, but I agree that they can get quite repetitive, particularly when companies start launching Press Releases all over the place.

Keep in mind, however, that as we continue to expand and grow, the "New Posts" link will become less and less useful as it will encompass too many posts in too many different sections to be of any particular use to any one person. To get an idea of what I mean, when was the last time anyone used the "New Posts" feature on NamePros? They removed the link a long time ago as it's just not useful on larger forums that encompass a wide range of sections. When the "New Posts" link no longer becomes useful here on Mobility, the idea will be to include a type of sectional "New Posts" to show only the new posts of each section as opposed to new posts in the entire forum so that people can catch up on threads specific to the topics they're interested in.

OK folk, I think the best way of going about this reorganization is to move in a top-down fashion:

1) List ALL the "sub-industries" currently in existence within the mobile industry.
    2) Narrow #1 down to useful and relevant "sections" of the forum.
    3) Put #2 in the most relevant order as should be displayed in the forum homepage.
    4) Rinse and Repeat for the sub-forums of each section in #3.

So let's start with Step #1.

Below is a quick list I came up with of the various mobile sub-industries I could think of. Some might be redundant, some might belong together, others might be better off underneath another sub-industry, and some might not even belong on the list, but I want to be as thorough as possible during this initial brainstorm to ensure we don't miss any mobile segment. So let's only add to this list and not remove anything until we get to Step #2.

• Mobile Community
    • Mobile News
    • Mobile Web Design
    • Mobile Web Development
    • Mobile Applications
    • Mobile User Experience
    • Mobile Domain Names (.mobi)
    • Mobile Marketing
    • Mobile Advertising
    • Mobile SEO
    • Mobile Commerce
    • Mobile Payments
    • Mobile Marketplace
    • Mobile Job Board
    • Mobile Phones
    • Mobile Devices
    • Mobile Carriers
    • Mobile Prepaid
    • Mobile Plans
    • Mobile Services
    • Mobile Transcoding
    • Mobile Adult
    • Mobile Content
    • Mobile Games
    • Mobile Ringtones
    • Mobile Themes
    • Mobile Wallpapers
    • Mobile SMS
    • Mobile CMS
    • Mobile Testing
    • Mobile Operating Systems
    • Mobile Events
    OK, let's start growing this list, so post anything that pops into your head and don't be shy as we want this list to be as thorough as possible before we start refining it.

Fire away!

Mobile Applications
    Mobile Application Development (Iphone, Android, nokia, palm ...)
    <signature police forced me to remove my image that was too large and had nothing to do with a mobi site >

Autodisk.mobi - all dutch carspecs | Manage all your holiday accommodations with our online manager.

Under "mobile operating systems" I would subdivide them by browser, i.e. Symbian, Opera Mini, Safari, whatever Blackberry default is, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by GijsZePa View Post
    Mobile Applications
    Mobile Application Development (Iphone, Android, nokia, palm ...)
    Mobile Application Development added (Mobile Applications was already on the list). Thanks G!

Quote Originally Posted by coast
    Under "mobile operating systems" I would subdivide them by browser, i.e. Symbian, Opera Mini, Safari, whatever Blackberry default is, etc.
    You've skipped ahead to Step #3!

But you also just brought up another important sub-industry: Mobile Browsers

Here's the list so far with the 2 additions above:

• Mobile Community
    • Mobile News
    • Mobile Web Design
    • Mobile Web Development
    • Mobile Applications
    • Mobile User Experience
    • Mobile Marketing
    • Mobile Advertising
    • Mobile SEO
    • Mobile Commerce
    • Mobile Payments
    • Mobile Marketplace
    • Mobile Job Board
    • Mobile Phones
    • Mobile Devices
    • Mobile Carriers
    • Mobile Prepaid
    • Mobile Plans
    • Mobile Services
    • Mobile Transcoding
    • Mobile Adult
    • Mobile Content
    • Mobile Games
    • Mobile Ringtones
    • Mobile Themes
    • Mobile Wallpapers
    • Mobile SMS
    • Mobile CMS
    • Mobile Testing
    • Mobile Events
    • Mobile Application Development
    • Mobile Browsers
    Remember folks, we're just brainstorming mobile sub-industries as this point and adding them to the list above.

Keep firing away and let's be as thorough as possible before we move on to the refinement stage in Step #2.

OS's and browsers are two different things though. OS's would be Symbian, Android, Maemo, Windows Mobile, etc...

OS's and browsers are two different things though. OS's would be Symbian, Android, Maemo, Windows Mobile, etc...

... which is why I am glad people who know more than I do are contributing to the forum

Keep in mind, however, that as we continue to expand and grow, the "New Posts" link will become less and less useful as it will encompass too many posts in too many different sections to be of any particular use to any one person. To get an idea of what I mean, when was the last time anyone used the "New Posts" feature on NamePros? They removed the link a long time ago as it's just not useful on larger forums that encompass a wide range of sections. When the "New Posts" link no longer becomes useful here on Mobility, the idea will be to include a type of sectional "New Posts" to show only the new posts of each section as opposed to new posts in the entire forum so that people can catch up on threads specific to the topics they're interested in.
    Actually, NamePros still has the "New Posts" link, and I use it from time to time to see if there's anything I've been missing in other sections.

So I do agree that having a New Posts option for each section is good, I'd like to continue to have it available here for the overall forum as well. It's a good way to keep up with areas that you might not otherwise be inclined to frequent.

mobile gaming, mobile handsets, mobile social, mobile gambling, mobile user generated content, mobile photos, mobile tv, mobile dating, mobile tracking, mobile controls (ie phone used to control house or vehicle), mobile streaming

mobile homes? mobility aids and scooters?

a bit off topic but here is another use of the word mobile:
    http://www.mobile.de/home/index.html
    claims to be Germany's biggest vehicle market.

and http://mobiliaonline.com/ is where mobile.it takes you - a furniture shop

Quote Originally Posted by dagersh View Post
    Actually, NamePros still has the "New Posts" link, and I use it from time to time to see if there's anything I've been missing in other sections.

So I do agree that having a New Posts option for each section is good, I'd like to continue to have it available here for the overall forum as well. It's a good way to keep up with areas that you might not otherwise be inclined to frequent.
    You're right, Dave, they still have the New Posts for logged-in users, although like you said, it's only used from time to time. But I have no problem leaving it on here like you suggesetd (it will be particularly useful for us Mods!).

Speaking of Mods, as we continue to expand, we're probably going to need to complement the current Mod Team with Section Mods for individual sections as it will be difficult for the current Mod Team to mod the entire forum with so many different sections hustling and bustling, particularly as the forum continues to grow. But we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

mobile gaming, mobile handsets, mobile social, mobile gambling, mobile user generated content, mobile photos, mobile tv, mobile dating, mobile tracking, mobile controls (ie phone used to control house or vehicle), mobile streaming
    Great stuff! Added:

• Mobile Community
    • Mobile News
    • Mobile Web Design
    • Mobile Web Development
    • Mobile Applications
    • Mobile User Experience
    • Mobile Marketing
    • Mobile Advertising
    • Mobile SEO
    • Mobile Commerce
    • Mobile Payments
    • Mobile Marketplace
    • Mobile Job Board
    • Mobile Phones
    • Mobile Devices
    • Mobile Carriers
    • Mobile Prepaid
    • Mobile Plans
    • Mobile Services
    • Mobile Transcoding
    • Mobile Adult
    • Mobile Content
    • Mobile Games
    • Mobile Ringtones
    • Mobile Themes
    • Mobile Wallpapers
    • Mobile SMS
    • Mobile CMS
    • Mobile Testing
    • Mobile Events
    • Mobile Browsers
    • Mobile Gaming
    • Mobile Handsets
    • Mobile Social
    • Mobile Gambling
    • Mobile User-Generated Content
    • Mobile Photos
    • Mobile TV
    • Mobile Dating
    • Mobile Tracking
    • Mobile Controls (phone used to control house or vehicle)
    • Mobile Streaming
    Let's keep 'em coming!

• Mobile Community
    • Mobile News
    • Mobile Web Design
    • Mobile Web Development
    • Mobile Applications
    • Mobile User Experience
    • Mobile Marketing
    • Mobile Advertising
    • Mobile SEO
    • Mobile Commerce
    • Mobile Payments
    • Mobile Marketplace
    • Mobile Job Board
    • Mobile Phones
    • Mobile Devices
    • Mobile Carriers
    • Mobile Prepaid
    • Mobile Plans
    • Mobile Services
    • Mobile Transcoding
    • Mobile Adult
    • Mobile Content
    • Mobile Games
    • Mobile Ringtones
    • Mobile Themes
    • Mobile Wallpapers
    • Mobile SMS
    • Mobile CMS
    • Mobile Testing
    • Mobile Events
    • Mobile Browsers
    • Mobile Gaming
    • Mobile Handsets
    • Mobile Social
    • Mobile Gambling
    • Mobile Photos
    • Mobile TV
    • Mobile Dating
    • Mobile Tracking
    • Mobile Streaming
    I never knew so much was going on in Alabama.

Do we need to have "Mobile" again and again and again and again..........

We will have to use "Mobile" repeatedly for each section that goes live for SEO purposes, unfortunately. I know it's incredibly repetitive, but if it helps bring in more traffic (and more targeted traffic), then I can live with it.

Tired of that judge in Mobile, Alabama on the RSS Feed? LOL I keep deleting those threads.

Mobile needs to be repeated if it's a search term. That's just good SEO.

We will have to use "Mobile" repeatedly for each section that goes live for SEO purposes, unfortunately. I know it's incredibly repetitive, but if it helps bring in more traffic (and more targeted traffic), then I can live with it.
    Andres, I'd be careful with the repetition of the word mobile for SEO purposes. You'll need to strike a careful balance on each page for the word "mobile" vs other on screen text, also known as keyword density. This could hurt your efforts on the SEO front instead of helping.

Instead of one long list that reads: mobile this, mobile that, it would be more beneficial to have mobile at the top of the page and then list the sections below it. Hope this makes sense.
    Last edited by pilot; 10-28-2009 at 07:16 PM.

Pilot wouldn't we get density diluted by content? Those would be page titles, wouldn't they?

Pilot wouldn't we get density diluted by content?
    You're correct Coast!
    • Mobile Community
    • Mobile News
    • Mobile Web Design
    • Mobile Web Development
    • Mobile Applications
    • Mobile User Experience
    • Mobile Marketing
    • Mobile Advertising
    • Mobile SEO
    • Mobile Commerce
    • Mobile Payments
    • Mobile Marketplace
    • Mobile Job Board
    • Mobile Phones
    • Mobile Devices
    • Mobile Carriers
    • Mobile Prepaid
    • Mobile Plans
    • Mobile Services
    • Mobile Transcoding
    • Mobile Adult
    • Mobile Content
    • Mobile Games
    • Mobile Ringtones
    • Mobile Themes
    • Mobile Wallpapers
    • Mobile SMS
    • Mobile CMS
    • Mobile Testing
    • Mobile Events
    If we were to take the page above that linked to the different pages you can easily see that the word mobile is close to 50% of the total words. That's obviously not good. A good average would be somewhere between 3-5%. When I read some of the stuff here, I got worried that the keyword density wasn't going to be taken into consideration. My "spam" alert went off. This is all in good hands. I'm sure it'll get sorted.

Those would be page titles, wouldn't they?
    Not sure and that's why I raised the issue.

Hi pilot, this won't be an issue because the only place where all the sections titles will appear is the homepage which contains a lot of other content that will dilute them.

Hi pilot, this won't be an issue because the only place where all the sections titles will appear is the homepage which contains a lot of other content that will dilute them.

That makes sense. Like I said... it's in good hands.

Any other ideas, folks?

Here's the current list:

• Mobile Community
    • Mobile News
    • Mobile Web Design
    • Mobile Web Development
    • Mobile Applications
    • Mobile User Experience
    • Mobile Marketing
    • Mobile Advertising
    • Mobile SEO
    • Mobile Commerce
    • Mobile Payments
    • Mobile Marketplace
    • Mobile Job Board
    • Mobile Phones
    • Mobile Devices
    • Mobile Carriers
    • Mobile Prepaid
    • Mobile Plans
    • Mobile Services
    • Mobile Transcoding
    • Mobile Adult
    • Mobile Content
    • Mobile Games
    • Mobile Ringtones
    • Mobile Themes
    • Mobile Wallpapers
    • Mobile SMS
    • Mobile CMS
    • Mobile Testing
    • Mobile Events
    • Mobile Browsers
    • Mobile Gaming
    • Mobile Handsets
    • Mobile Social
    • Mobile Gambling
    • Mobile Photos
    • Mobile TV
    • Mobile Dating
    • Mobile Tracking
    • Mobile Streaming
    Have we missed anything?

Andres, will this be a change over time or one big reorganization? My concern with a big transition is a bunch of empty forums. Is there some targeted RSS feeds that can be used for specific sections?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast