Thread: Mods/Admins editing post title.

Default Mods/Admins editing post title.

I realize after we submit a post we can't edit the title that shows up in the topic display.

However a mod or an admin can. I'm not trying to be sour, but I just noticed in Andres' Post (no offense), he added "now only $100" to the title. This now gives the user an update on the thread without opening it.

Shouldn't we have the same privilege, as it makes a stronger selling point for the mod/admin?

Thanks for suggestions, comments, and criticism. Not trying to get shot

Quote Originally Posted by developmy.mobi View Post
    I realize after we submit a post we can't edit the title that shows up in the topic display.

However a mod or an admin can. I'm not trying to be sour, but I just noticed in Andres' Post (no offense), he added "now only $100" to the title. This now gives the user an update on the thread without opening it.

Shouldn't we have the same privilege, as it makes a stronger selling point for the mod/admin?

Thanks for suggestions, comments, and criticism. Not trying to get shot
    Unfortunately that's only a privilege of the volunteer Mod team.

In all seriousness, all posts are indexed by the thread titles, and allowing all members to suddenly change any of their thread titles would affect the indexing and ranking of threads and posts on Google and within Mobility, so it's a no-go.

Of course, as most members know, our Mod team is nice enough to honor most thread title change requests, but we can't open the flood gates as the repercussions are too difficult to predict (which is why it is disabled by default on vBulletin, and for good reason).
    My .mobi's: Dating.mobi | Dubai.mobi | Adult.mobi | Banking.mobi | Student.mobi | Call.mobi | Horoscope.mobi | Messenger.mobi | Classifieds.mobi | LiveTV.mobi

Developed: Yup.mobi | Mobility
    | Why .mobi? | Banking | Vuelos | Airline Complaints | Random Site | Whois | Free Mobile Dating | Free Dictionary | Free Thesaurus | Horoscope | Astrology | Free Translation | Exchange Rates

Thanks for the clearing that up Andres.

I've never had a prob when asking a mod to update a sales thread title to make it more accurate or reflect price changes.