Thread: Domain Name Abuse article

Mobility Regular

Default Domain Name Abuse article

Rod Beckstrom (head of ICANN) tweeted this today-

Domain Name Abuse article:
    http://bit.ly/12VYJc Network World #ICANN

This article is pretty much saying that launching all the new gTLD's next year is a bad idea until ICANN fixes it's system. I wonder then, if Rod Beckstrom is not in favor of the releasing the new gTLD's at this time?

New gTLD's may or may not be a threat to dotmobi. But for sure dotmobi needs all the time it can get before its non-existent message gets diluted by all the other TLDs.

A very interesting article - wish I could understand the other half of it(!) Apparently 4.5 million computers are currently remotely controlable by crooks unbeknownst to the owners, and nobody has been able to stop this for a year.

My take is that ICANN is studying the problems. Nice that they are aware of them but their glacial response to RegisterFly's open and persistent criminality makes me expect they will grab the cash and continue to "study the problem". If the gTLD dump is to be stopped I think it will be by multiple lawsuits by TM holders who do not want to buy endless defensive regs and others who want to stop their competitors from gaining the Cyber High Ground.

Rod Beckstrom (head of ICANN) is not quoted in the article that I can see, although other ICANN people are. Did he link to it from elsewhere?
    http://tibetanjewelry.mobi
    "First they ignore you. Then they ridicule you. Then they fight you. And then you win."
    -Gandhi

Mobility Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Accent View Post
    A very interesting article - wish I could understand the other half of it(!) Apparently 4.5 million computers are currently remotely controlable by crooks unbeknownst to the owners, and nobody has been able to stop this for a year.

My take is that ICANN is studying the problems. Nice that they are aware of them but their glacial response to RegisterFly's open and persistent criminality makes me expect they will grab the cash and continue to "study the problem". If the gTLD dump is to be stopped I think it will be by multiple lawsuits by TM holders who do not want to buy endless defensive regs and others who want to stop their competitors from gaining the Cyber High Ground.
    Rod Beckstrom (head of ICANN) is not quoted in the article that I can see, although other ICANN people are. Did he link to it from elsewhere?
    This is the full tweet he sent-

Domain Name Abuse article:
    http://bit.ly/12VYJc Network World #ICANN