Thread: If you could, would you register this name?

Default If you could, would you register this name?

I thought this is catchy name, so I decided to register this name:

TWOgether.MOBI

Would you have register the name or not? Please share your opinions. I want to read what you're thinking about it.

thanks.

Mobility Regular

Default TWOgether

Why not? It is memorable and will make a great dating service.

As a matter of fact, here is you logo. Now, go build something great.

Doc

soemeone else registered 2gether.mobi on 26 Aug... interesting.

Rick Schwartz owns gettogether.mobi

menageatrois.mobi is not available.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWebSearches View Post
    I thought this is catchy name, so I decided to register this name:

TWOgether.MOBI

Would you have register the name or not? Please share your opinions. I want to read what you're thinking about it.

thanks.
    Dating is the first thing that comes to mind, but for dev I'd also want together.mobi so as to not lose type-in traffic from return visitors or word of mouth referrals.

Mobility Regular

(moving the Disney story to the right thread...)
    sorry
    Last edited by kiwi; 09-09-2009 at 05:22 PM. Reason: needed 2 move 2 another thread
    See what is going on here: Why.mobi

The name is very catchy and brandable. I would check on the trademark, and I would also see what the .com is doing since it could siphon off your traffic.

On the minus side, did you see the movie That Thing You Do? They started out as "The Oneders" and their manager changed it to "The Wonders." One of my favorite lines: "... As in I 'Wonder' what happened to the 'Oneeders'?"

Kiwi, great stoy on Disney.mobi!

Quote Originally Posted by MyWebSearches View Post
    Would you have register the name or not?
    Not unless you actually have serious plans for it. If it's one of those "hm maybe someday I'll quickly develop it" things, then no. I would've only registered it if I plan on devoting at least $xxxx into serious development for it.

And yes, I would not recommend proceeding with a big site on the domain without also owning, at minimum, together.mobi.

Quote Originally Posted by Egnited View Post
    Not unless you actually have serious plans for it. If it's one of those "hm maybe someday I'll quickly develop it" things, then no. I would've only registered it if I plan on devoting at least $xxxx into serious development for it.

And yes, I would not recommend proceeding with a big site on the domain without also owning, at minimum, together.mobi.
    What he said...

thanks for sharing your opinions,

@Miguire- that picture made me laugh

@Gogo

Are your serious? gettogether.mobi is own by Rick. I wonder what is his thinking behind this name.

2gether.mobi - The owner of this domain is very likely the same person that bought a few .mobi domains for about $8,000 awhile back. He also bought one of mine for a few thousands dollars a year ago. Don't hold me accountable for this comments, but this person seems spend a lot money on mobi domains.

True, I don't have any plan to develop this name, but maybe in the future when the time is right. If I wait till I'm ready to develop an unregister domain that I like, I would have nothing today.

Yes, together.mobi would be a great name to own, but that does not mean that twogether could not stand by itself. The challenge is to brand the word TWO, so people would not confuse it with TO. Anyway I stand to benefit the from the word together than the other way around.

You are right, it will take thousands of dollars to develop the name which I will not do any soon with any of my domains.

Instead I will do the same thing as my other names -

Each site must pay for itself, I will only cover the star up cost which is the registration fee.

To spend thousand of dollars on a website is very risky to me and often unnecesary with the name that I own. I test the water before making any big plan for any site and often each site pay any upgrades or remodeling without me taking out pocket expenses. NO CREDIT FOR MY DOMAINS, specially during this economic times.

Mobility Regular

If a dating related site TWOgether is much more brandable than together.

As a generic search, I doubt anyone would type in together or TWOgether but TWOgether written with the TWO capitalized would have more people thinking of a dating site than together.

I don't know much about domains but I have a fair amount of marketing experience and TWOgether just trumps together.

Doc

Mobility Regular

i would not have registered this name unless you own the .com for it. also gettogether.mobi is owned by rick schwartz but he is also the owner of gettogether.com.

Do you know if rick owns other extension for the same name?

If not, I would think that he see .mobi as the main extension for the mobile web as .com is for pc. I'm trying to understand why he would register the name with the .mobi extension and not the other ones (e.g. .ME). Any suggestion?

Rick is a very unique person and I have learned a few things by just reading his blog. That's why I spend a few minutes thinking about why he would register such name or why he chose that extension.

If I'm right, .Mobi will be the extension of choice when accesing the internet from a wireless device that's means that I would benefit from the .com site and .com will benefit from .mobi site (assuming I develop the site).

Anyways, My Domains Are Forever Mine. So that means when it's time, I will make some use out of it whethe or not I own the .com or other extension.

ya you can register your domain name as twogethermobi.com from this site http://www.whoisxy.com/register-domains.aspx , here it gives the easy methods to register a domain name at a good way........