Thread: Best place for Hosting my .mobies

Arrow Best place for Hosting my .mobies

I need some help...

Please can you all advise me on the best place & most cost effective way to host as many of my dotmobi sites - I'll be using 'mobi site galore' for the design & development for the time being.(unless you guys have better suggestions)

Thankyou in advance.
    DotMobies - Check 'em out

Hosting wise I would check out cyberwurx.com. I now have a dedicated server with them after first trying out their virtual hosting. Superb customer service and very professional. I haven't tried mobigalore yet as I tend to do the sites with notepad or dreamweaver.
    The speed of light is faster than sound that's why some people appear bright until they open their mouths

To everyone who thinks a profitable viral marketing campaign is so easy to accomplish I would suggest to go and do it instead of complaining that others aren't - Scandiman

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by newton View Post
    Hosting wise I would check out cyberwurx.com. I now have a dedicated server with them after first trying out their virtual hosting. Superb customer service and very professional. I haven't tried mobigalore yet as I tend to do the sites with notepad or dreamweaver.
    Wow

Thankyou Newton for a superfast response.

Mobisitegalore is probably the best way I can start, simply because I know nothing about HTML/programming or developing from scratch.
    DotMobies - Check 'em out

Most welcome

HTML with the static sites is basically a tag at the front of what you wish to affect and one to close the affect. for example

<b>This text is bold</b>
    <i>This text is italic</i>
    <u>This text is underlined</u>

You can get some good free templates from http://dev.mobi/node/10 to see how the code looks once you have unpacked the files.

There are plenty of people on this forum who can give you pointers if you are stuck so just shout and someone will step forward if they can.

Good luck
    The speed of light is faster than sound that's why some people appear bright until they open their mouths

To everyone who thinks a profitable viral marketing campaign is so easy to accomplish I would suggest to go and do it instead of complaining that others aren't - Scandiman

Quote Originally Posted by newton View Post
    I haven't tried mobigalore yet as I tend to do the sites with notepad or dreamweaver.
    Same here

3dGeek, one of my favorite ways to learn and get better at html/xhtml back in the day was that whenever I find a site on the internet that I think is really well designed, I'll right click on it and choose "View Source". I then open a second version of Notepad and can see how he did what he did (copy and paste sections of the html to see what does what). MobisiteGalore is a good site to start with, but if you want something really fancy like www.tropical.mobi (not mine), you'll feel a bit let down by it's capabilities.

www.LLLL.com
    The mobile internet is going to be HUGE.

You can design the site and host it elsewhere. For multiple sites, you might consider a reseller account with Hostgator. They have 24 hour phone and chat support, they answer their support tickets very quickly, and they are friendly and helpful. You do, however, have to upload and maintain your files yourself.

If you want to go this route, PM me and I'll send you my affiliate link since I don't want to post it here and be accused of spamming. Or you can go directly to hostgator.com.
    Need a developer? MobileSiteStore.com | More good stuff at Drosty.com
    Accepting Quality guest posts via PM only for mobiEnthusiast.mobi
    (NO press releases or story ideas, completed, unique articles only
    )

Quote Originally Posted by coast View Post
    You can design the site and host it elsewhere. For multiple sites, you might consider a reseller account with Hostgator. They have 24 hour phone and chat support, they answer their support tickets very quickly, and they are friendly and helpful. You do, however, have to upload and maintain your files yourself.

If you want to go this route, PM me and I'll send you my affiliate link since I don't want to post it here and be accused of spamming. Or you can go directly to hostgator.com.
    Good advice. I haven't tried hostgator but a lot of people like them. I use 1and1.com and have been happy thus far. Similar idea, host a bunch of sites from one account, assuming you stay within the storage and bandwidth constraints for your plan.

Mobility Regular

i am using hostmonster.com they provide hosting for unlimited domain names for $5.95/mo. they only surport php.

Quote Originally Posted by hedgefund View Post
    i am using hostmonster.com they provide hosting for unlimited domain names for $5.95/mo. they only surport php.
    Do you know if they support PHP5?

Mobility Regular

I always liked GoDaddy. Not sure why no one likes them . They have excellent hosting IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by fathomjh View Post
    I always liked GoDaddy. Not sure why no one likes them . They have excellent hosting IMO.
    Will they let you host multiple domains in one plan?

NIce theard
    Last edited by pollack; 09-06-2012 at 06:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scandiman View Post
    Will they let you host multiple domains in one plan?
    i don't know about that services. i used 9cubehosting.com they supported multiple domains hosting. if you want use this services go to Corporate offer at 9cubehosting.com it only $7.50/mo only .