Quote Originally Posted by morse View Post
The following notes are my own experiances, i am sharing them here to verify my assumptions and notations, if you find any discrepancy in my notes then please do correct me...

For the past 7 days i have noticed that there has been a huge shift in the way regular internet has been behaving in relation with the mobile web and more specifically with dot mobi domains.
7 days? You really need a much bigger sample to quantify or qualify a "huge shift". Check back on this after 30/60/90 days.

While google has turned into a friendly pal helping knock out not so worthy dot coms to let .mobi s achieve a place the other search engines have still remained conservative ones.
This is good news, no problem here.

Yahoo has not changed its approach...
If they have not changed then there is no shift, huge or minor...

...and the newly launched bing has turned out to be somewhat anti-dot-mobi (i have no verifications for this) .
It's new, so there's no shift again, also if you have no verification then what makes it anti mobi? Very confusing comment.

Alexa which was interpreting my stats in a way which looked satisfactory has reversed its outlook. It too has started to rank dot mobis low (noticed that alexa stats for past 7 days for almost all mobis have been disappointing). Many people here wont agree with alexa stats but it does make a difference if that certain site starts ranking you low for last seven days which it didnt do for quite sometime.
So the Alexa ranking is the shift you are referring to? As noted by others, Alexa is basically useless for mobile traffic. What is missing in this overall discussion is the browser types from your site stats. You'll need to basically disregard all mobile browsers, and then based on your PC traffic a portion of that will be related to Alexa.

People say that mobile web is the next big thing and dot mobi is specifically the major thing but the kind of reception the regular web players like yahoo and anti-mobile bing is offering are way too disappointing.....
You haven't quantified anything to justify your conclusions.