Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Summer Cleaning - New Changes to Mobility!

I've heard back from Jemm Media and here's what they said:

While our ad server determines your regional traffic it will connect it to relevant campaigns we have in that area, it will also attach more relevant campaigns over time. I would keep the ads running for now and they will improve.
    I'm still seeing mostly Google Text Ads with the occasional banner ad, but I'll give it a month and see how we go. As this company is based in the UK, our UK users should be seeing more banner ads at the moment (please confirm).

Quote Originally Posted by seanboy View Post
    I suggest a section for mobile devices (discussion, reviews, etc.). After all, this is a forum about the mobile web. I think it only makes sense that we have a dedicated section for mobile devices.
    We will be adding new sections to Mobility and re-organizing the forum in the coming months as we expand beyond .mobi. We'll be requesting feedback and suggestions as well so that we get it "right". A section for Mobile Devices as well as Mobile App Development will certainly be added during this "upgrade".
    My .mobi's: Dating.mobi | Dubai.mobi | Adult.mobi | Banking.mobi | Student.mobi | Call.mobi | Horoscope.mobi | Messenger.mobi | Classifieds.mobi | LiveTV.mobi

Developed: Yup.mobi | Mobility
    | Why .mobi? | Banking | Vuelos | Airline Complaints | Random Site | Whois | Free Mobile Dating | Free Dictionary | Free Thesaurus | Horoscope | Astrology | Free Translation | Exchange Rates

Quote Originally Posted by Andres View Post
    I'm still seeing mostly Google Text Ads with the occasional banner ad, but I'll give it a month and see how we go. As this company is based in the UK, our UK users should be seeing more banner ads at the moment (please confirm).
    Now getting a banner for Chrysler deals in California, highly relevant since I'm car shopping for Mrs. Scandi

Quote Originally Posted by Scandiman View Post
    Now getting a banner for Chrysler deals in California, highly relevant since I'm car shopping for Mrs. Scandi
    That's definitely better than Google Text Ads but I hope we get more mobile-relevant banner ads as time goes on.

Also, folks, since Jemm Media does not offer Mobile Ads and AdMob requires PHP edits which I don't want to do with the vBulletin code, I've added an ad for my own site on the Mobile version of Mobility while the Jemm Media Campaign runs (I think that's better than the "Advertise Here" link I had before). This isn't the idea, as I'd ideally like to give an Advertiser exclusivity on both the PC version and Mobile version of Mobility, but this simply isn't an option for Jemm Media, particularly since they are an advertising aggregator and not an end-user themselves.
    My .mobi's: Dating.mobi | Dubai.mobi | Adult.mobi | Banking.mobi | Student.mobi | Call.mobi | Horoscope.mobi | Messenger.mobi | Classifieds.mobi | LiveTV.mobi

| Why .mobi? | Banking | Vuelos | Airline Complaints | Random Site | Whois | Free Mobile Dating | Free Dictionary | Free Thesaurus | Horoscope | Astrology | Free Translation | Exchange Rates

I'm getting mostly banner ads here in the Seattle region...with the occasional mobility scooter text ads...

Quote Originally Posted by dagersh View Post
    I'm getting mostly banner ads here in the Seattle region...with the occasional mobility scooter text ads...
    The same here on my PC in Munich, Germany. Three Google banner ads in English language. Content is changing after renewing the site: HelioScooters .com, DatingDisabled .net (my wife? ), BulkSMS .com, DriverPlex .com, MobilityPass .com ...

Abo Apo are Arena ars Benzin Bestellung Bett Cargo Champ Charger Deko descargas Devisen Dirndl Druck Elektro Ferienhaus Galeria Goud heiss Horoscopo ICT inline Jantes Jobboerse Joias Jury Kombi Kreuzfahrt Lichtmit Mobilfunk Moveis Nails Olio Onlinekredit Parfuem pep Pisa Polizei pronto Schlagzeilen Servicio SocialMediaMarketing Spielzeug StockExchange Styling tellTerminal TFT tire Transporter Vaticano viajar vivre was wau Wein wer Zahnarzt Zeit Zubehoer

The title tag of "mobility" is probably pulling up the mobile wheelchair ads. I'm not sure if you want to mess with the title tags of the forum, though - I've heard google can penalize a site for that.
    Need a developer? MobileSiteStore.com | More good stuff at Drosty.com
    Accepting Quality guest posts via PM only for mobiEnthusiast.mobi
    (NO press releases or story ideas, completed, unique articles only
    )

As this company is based in the UK, our UK users should be seeing more banner ads at the moment (please confirm).
    confirmed, just saw a banner ad from Argos (big UK national retailer and online catalogue sales) for pet insurance, which took me to their dedicated site for their pet insurance in the UK.

Right now there is one really beautiful ad in German language by travian .de. Was curious and clicked the link - a browser game I did not know yet.

Mobility.mobi will be my prefered place to watch advertisements.

Abo Apo are Arena ars Benzin Bestellung Bett Cargo Champ Charger Deko descargas Devisen Dirndl Druck Elektro Ferienhaus Galeria Goud heiss Horoscopo ICT inline Jantes Jobboerse Joias Jury Kombi Kreuzfahrt Lichtmit Mobilfunk Moveis Nails Olio Onlinekredit Parfuem pep Pisa Polizei pronto Schlagzeilen Servicio SocialMediaMarketing Spielzeug StockExchange Styling tellTerminal TFT tire Transporter Vaticano viajar vivre was wau Wein wer Zahnarzt Zeit Zubehoer

I "won" a $1000 shopping spree in the tiny town 15 miles down the road.

Did not click.
    http://tibetanjewelry.mobi
    "First they ignore you. Then they ridicule you. Then they fight you. And then you win."
    -Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Accent View Post
    I "won" a $1000 shopping spree in the tiny town 15 miles down the road.

Did not click.

Yeah, I "won" a school shopping spree in San Diego - this must be reading the chatbox too since I said I was driving Little Coast to school. These things are creepy.

Edit: Now I have seen two more pages of mobility scooter ads.
    )

If these type of low-quality ads continue, I will not complete the one-month trial with this advertiser. I don't want Mobility to be associated with those kinds of Ads. When they approached me, they told me that their inventory consisted of Mobile companies and I'm not seeing it yet. I'm not interested in Google Ads either.

This has been escalated to their Managing Director, so I'll be hearing back from them tomorrow and will report back.

Thanks for your feedback as always, folks.

If these type of low-quality ads continue, I will not complete the one-month trial with this advertiser. I don't want Mobility to be associated with those kinds of Ads. When they approached me, they told me that their inventory consisted of Mobile companies and I'm not seeing it yet. I'm not interested in Google Ads either.

This has been escalated to their Managing Director, so I'll be hearing back from them tomorrow and will report back.

Thanks for your feedback as always, folks.
    Since I didn't buy the Chrysler the scooters are back

It's inevitably difficult to get relevant advertising like this, is there an affiliate program or programs you'd be interested in promoting instead? At least that way you'd be in control of the content.

Better than Rick Lacota turning the whole website pink, anyway.

Hey, a scooter would be cool
    ..... If you don't like how I drive - stay off the sidewalk!
    WOO HOOO!
    http://tibetanjewelry.mobi
    "First they ignore you. Then they ridicule you. Then they fight you. And then you win."
    -Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Accent View Post
    Better than Rick Lacota turning the whole website pink, anyway.
    LOL, yea that was painful on the eyes and didn't result in a click from me.

Was I the only one to be greeted by a little girl challenging me to an I.Q. test ??

Today I am seeing mainly ads for 02 - just what you want - and the only other I saw was one for morethan.com, a general insurances company afaik (is that UK only?)

Founding Member

Taiwan RFID Convention Ads
    Unlimited Reseller Hosting Ad
    Google Ads
    Want to impress a Woman Ad (that was the last one on the Menu)
    ERP.MOBI | LOG.MOBI | BROADCAST.MOBI | SHARES.MOBI | RFP.MOBI

Pred

ancestry.co.uk when im logged out

and eastmidlandstrains.co.uk when logged in, every time!
    talk about geo targetting, very relevant. i may need to click one soon, hope you dont mind andres

I'm no longer seeing Google Ads and most of the ads I'm seeing are for mobile-related stuff, so it seems that they've fixed the problem for the most part:

Not exactly high-quality stuff but at least they're mobile-related.

Is anyone still seeing Google Ads?
    Is anyone still seeing mostly non-Mobile ads?

It´s ok for me. ONE ad in german language.

Is anyone still seeing Google Ads?
    Is anyone still seeing mostly non-Mobile ads?
    approx breakdown for me:
    -80% google ads for mobility scooters
    -20% banners including Chrysler, Progressive auto insurance, and University of San Francisco
    -0% related to anything mobile phone or mobile web

Right now I see 3 Google ads for scooters.

Maybe if I buy a scooter, it'll make the ads go away?

Oh the irony of our site banner, the thread title and the ad banner.

Last edited by Scandiman; 09-19-2009 at 12:43 AM.

Ha! I am seeing a giant banner for .tel registrations. Oh, the irony... Oh wait, that was Scandiman's thread haha.

Ok, I got something for a browser game, and then that dumb one that I won a scholarship in San Diego (looks worse than a google ad.) This is the one I see most of the time:

I saw this one one time, it's more targeted and it's for a hospital review site:

Last edited by coast; 09-19-2009 at 01:36 PM.
    )

I just realized something weird:

Using the Chrome browser (which is what I always use now), the drop-down menus up top show up behind the ad! So for example, I can't see the search box to type anything in. Anyone else seeing this in other browsers?

Founding Member

Quote Originally Posted by dagersh View Post
    I just realized something weird:

Using the Chrome browser (which is what I always use now), the drop-down menus up top show up behind the ad! So for example, I can't see the search box to type anything in. Anyone else seeing this in other browsers?
    I also use Chrome, the drop down menu works fine for me.
    ERP.MOBI | LOG.MOBI | BROADCAST.MOBI | SHARES.MOBI | RFP.MOBI

Folks, just a quick update to let you know that I've taken down the Ads from Jemm Media as they were simply not offering the quality nor the relevance I was looking for.

Thanks for your feedback!

Folks, just a quick update to let you know that I've taken down the Ads from Jemm Media as they were simply not offering the quality nor the relevance I was looking for.

Thanks for your feedback!
    Understandable. Site is loading faster now as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12