Thread: namedrive.mobi

Default namedrive.mobi

The mobi is identical to the com--with all of the folks here that use ND for parking, it would be nice if the ND mobi were mobi compliant. I pulled it up on my blackjack and it was very unwieldy, like most .coms are when viewed on handhelds. Anyone here have any pull with ND? Would also be good publicity for mobi as a tld....

Thanks,

MM

You shouldn't have that problem as long as you choose the correct template. If you're using a default template, you'll get a "normal size" page. You have to choose the one and only mobi template to get the 5/5 compliant parked page. Hope this helps!
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Work In Progress View Post
    You shouldn't have that problem as long as you choose the correct template. If you're using a default template, you'll get a "normal size" page. You have to choose the one and only mobi template to get the 5/5 compliant parked page. Hope this helps!
    Mark
    Thanks, WIP. Actually, I think we are talking about 2 different issues--the mobi's I'm parking at ND are just fine. I'd like for ND to make its own mobi site more accessible on handhelds. When I type in "namedrive.mobi" on my handheld to check my parking stats, I get a huge, com-ish site that you just can't navigate on a handheld. Try it on you phone and let me know if you agree. Thanks!!

MM

Living and Lovin in North Carolina, y'all.

Jeff,

That may take an email campaign to sway them. I know awhile back the Purchase this Domain option was not showing and it was added.

Perhaps it would not be a bad idea to invite them here to see the strong support that they have from the MobiPhiles of Mobility as well as NP.

However, even if the home page resolves to a mobi compliant site, the links on the landers are still going to resolve to dot com.

More than anything, I await the day when companies get with the program and accept .mobi as an alternative format. The switch and the changeove seems so easy and seamless and no more bandwidth. Plus, it just might bring them more business.

Gee, imagine that. We do. Can they?

By the way, nice tux. Tailor made or off the rack?
    Last edited by Gerry; 07-03-2007 at 06:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry View Post
    Jeff,

The switch and the changeove seems so easy and seamless and no more bandwidth. Plus, it just might bring them more business.

By the way, nice tux. Tailor made or off the rack?
    I agree--so easy I can't see why they wouldn't do it, especially given the revenue they derive from mobi owners.

Tailored, of course. I only wear it when I'm going to court.....

I'm getting some traffic with my names parked at namedrive but not clicks. Five of them have had between 3 and 9 views today and yesterday. It looks like those will be the ones to develop.
    Need a developer? MobileSiteStore.com | More good stuff at Drosty.com
    Accepting Quality guest posts via PM only for mobiEnthusiast.mobi
    (NO press releases or story ideas, completed, unique articles only
    )