Thread: Mobisitegalore and Google

Default Mobisitegalore and Google

I've been trying to figure out why my sites do very well on Yahoo search results, but lag very far behind for Google.

Checking out Google Webmaster site, I did some checking (using newhairstyles for example) and see my "Sitemap" stats are

While the stats show 206 pages of my site are indexed in google, the Sitemap section shows only 7 pages have Sitemaps, and all are showing "ERRORS" on the status

I have no idea if this is a concern, but I'm wondering how this might be a connection of the bad performance (compared to Yahoo) all of my mobisitegalore sites are facing on Google

Also note the line "Update your Sitemap to the new format". With the limited knowledge I have, I have no way of knowing if MSG is using the new or old Sitemap format?

Hopefully this info helps to possible identify a potential issue that can be worked out.

Thanks again for the help!
    Mark

Makes you wonder if you should skip the sitemaps for Google...

Quote Originally Posted by Work In Progress View Post
    I've been trying to figure out why my sites do very well on Yahoo search results, but lag very far behind for Google.

Checking out Google Webmaster site, I did some checking (using newhairstyles for example) and see my "Sitemap" stats are

While the stats show 206 pages of my site are indexed in google, the Sitemap section shows only 7 pages have Sitemaps, and all are showing "ERRORS" on the status

I have no idea if this is a concern, but I'm wondering how this might be a connection of the bad performance (compared to Yahoo) all of my mobisitegalore sites are facing on Google

Also note the line "Update your Sitemap to the new format". With the limited knowledge I have, I have no way of knowing if MSG is using the new or old Sitemap format?

Hopefully this info helps to possible identify a potential issue that can be worked out.

Thanks again for the help!
    Mark
    Google has a new format for sitemap and that is specifically for mobile, this is quite new, so maybe MSG has not updated yet.
    ENOUGH SAID

Mobile Web Search, forget google, bookmark... JUST.mobi

Snowboards.mobi | Convert2.mobi | Caravans for Sale | VOTES.mobi

Akmin Technologies

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your kind information and update. We will check the same at our end and revert you back on the feedback as soon as possible.
    Also feel free to visit http://forums.mobisitegalore.com

Quote Originally Posted by mobiSiteGalore View Post
    Hi Mark,

Thanks for your kind information and update. We will check the same at our end and revert you back on the feedback as soon as possible.
    Thank you very much. I and many others who use this service will be grateful. Getting the Sitemaps correctly updated should improve placement on the big G.

Akmin Technologies

We will forward this to our Product Team for studying the feasibility and analyze this requirement. Accordingly, we would make it part of our product road map for future development and keep you posted once this is taken up at our end.

Appreciate your patience and cooperation in this matter.

Mobility Member

Default Google Mobile Sitemaps?

Hey!

Do you have an idea where I can get more information on Google Mobile SiteMaps? When was it released?

Is it that old ?

Thanks in advance

Veronique
    Last edited by veronique; 08-19-2009 at 03:00 PM. Reason: link to information

Akmin Technologies

We are analyzing the same and will let you know our feedback soon.