Thread: Developer's Portfolio Sticky Thread Needed

domainitrix

Default Developer's Portfolio Sticky Thread Needed

I was looking at the Mobile Developers Wanted section

http://mobility.mobi/forumdisplay.php?f=23

And thought that it would be a helpful and expedient way to have a Portfolio master thread for all .mobi developers. One thread that works like an 'album' where, each developer occupies one post and display their greatest developed .mobi site example & technical specialties are mentioned. Like a business card. Each post( per each developer) can be updated at later time as new/ better example sites can be displayed. I don't know if where they hails/based out of would be pertinent but, for those potential clients who might be interested in meeting their developers in person locally( if this would be the preferred mode of thinking) ?

IMHO, not having a reply to each post would be important by others on such thread as this would be just like a stack of business cards/ portfolio sticky thread for potential clients to find the developers easily.

Setting minimum post count(as prerequisite) and trader rating might be a good thing to have :enabling them to post.

I thought about this because, it is hard to wade through many threads and read each replies( open-close,open-close every thread)when looking for developers.
    I think it will be a great way to get more jobs to the developers and clients to find the match faster.
    Saw some new members asking if any developers are from particular locality in the forum threads lately as well.

Just a thought

Very nice idea, Dtrix.

Here's mine. It's pretty small, but I mostly do wordpress desktop sites

http://mobiEnthusiast.mobi
    http://leucadia.mobi
    Need a developer? MobileSiteStore.com | More good stuff at Drosty.com
    Accepting Quality guest posts via PM only for mobiEnthusiast.mobi
    (NO press releases or story ideas, completed, unique articles only
    )

Talking

I did offer Programmer.mobi about a month ago.

Please read my post.

http://mobility.mobi/showthread.php?...ght=programmer
    ENOUGH SAID

Mobile Web Search, forget google, bookmark... JUST.mobi

Snowboards.mobi | Convert2.mobi | Caravans for Sale | VOTES.mobi

domainitrix

Quote Originally Posted by coast View Post
    Very nice idea, Dtrix.

Here's mine. It's pretty small, but I mostly do wordpress desktop sites

http://mobiEnthusiast.mobi
    http://leucadia.mobi
    Great site examples and thanks for your enthusiasm. That is a great example of what I was thinking.

But, I meant, if good response to this idea, a thread need to be started in that section as a sticky and you can post it there later. But, I would not be a good person to start that thread( not enough tech knowledge) but. by someone or mods who has tech knowledge and able to understand what each developers are posting and moderate the thread. I personally think you'd be a fabulous master of the ceremonies/ starter as you have great grasp of tech and knows all developers well. But, not to exert undue pressure on you & your schedule though.

I guess another important issue is what ( IF any) prerequisite minimum post count and trader should be that allows the developers to post in that thread.

Thanks!

Start the thread and I'll stick it

domainitrix

Quote Originally Posted by noonoo1 View Post
    I did offer Programmer.mobi about a month ago.

Please read my post.

http://mobility.mobi/showthread.php?...ght=programmer
    That seem like a great initiative Noo. But, this is something you would like to have developed outside--which is also additional exposure. But, it can only help further...

My idea is to have the thread here at Mobility under Mobile Developers Wanted section as a sticky thread so the visitors/potential clients can join as a member and contact the developer. As having a quick walk through in one thread is easier for people who are not familiar to the forum /members who offer their site making skills for hire & aids in locating them faster.

Thought that this would be a helpful resource.

domainitrix

Quote Originally Posted by Scandiman View Post
    Start the thread and I'll stick it
    Cool thanks Scandi!

How many for

Minimum post count?

50 or 100?

Should there be a minimum trade rating requirements? If so how many?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by domainitrix View Post
    Cool thanks Scandi!

How many for

Minimum post count?

50 or 100?

Should there be a minimum trade rating requirements? If so how many?

Thanks!
    I have no idea if such things can be automated in vBulletin, regardless I trust potential customers will do their due diligence with any developer irrespective of post count or trader rating.

domainitrix

I have no idea if such things can be automated in vBulletin, regardless I trust potential customers will do their due diligence with any developer irrespective of post count or trader rating.
    Naaww, I was thinking more in the lines of indicating on OP( in size5 font in red) that if they don't have i.e.) 50 post counts minimum, they can't post or they'd get the treatment. Otherwise, we'd be inundated by any " First time poster!"...

Besides, this can add incentive for new potential forum members to get involved in the forum and post first. We get better sense of who they are too, better than the alternative of not knowing B4 signing up commit site building( for clients).

I think when something like this was suggested before the answer was that you could only have one set of ratings - so trader ratings and developer ratings can only be distinguished by the comments next to each entry, and the points get lumped together into one total.

domainitrix

Quote Originally Posted by gogo View Post
    I think when something like this was suggested before the answer was that you could only have one set of ratings - so trader ratings and developer ratings can only be distinguished by the comments next to each entry, and the points get lumped together into one total.
    Agree. It is one term --I just called it " Trader Ratings" but, I don't know if this would even make sense ( as part of stipulations of posting) as one can start out having a positive rating but get a bad rating later; does that mean one has to erase and decline their prior posting on this sticky thread? So, this would be something that would belong to the " due diligence" on the side of the client.

Am still holding out for more input and ideas as thoroughness before starting something like this only helps.

Naaww, I was thinking more in the lines of indicating on OP( in size5 font in red) that if they don't have i.e.) 50 post counts minimum, they can't post or they'd get the treatment. Otherwise, we'd be inundated by any " First time poster!"...
    If it can't be automated then it requires monitoring, which is yet another item on our plate. I would suggest any developer serious about servicing clients to start their own thread to showcase their work and discuss their services. If it is a first time poster then so be it, it would be wise for that person to participate in the community to build trust or else their services may likely be ignored.

domainitrix

If it can't be automated then it requires monitoring, which is yet another item on our plate. I would suggest any developer serious about servicing clients to start their own thread to showcase their work and discuss their services. If it is a first time poster then so be it, it would be wise for that person to participate in the community to build trust or else their services may likely be ignored.
    Understand.

I did see a subsection of a VBulettin forum where it is automated so that one can't start a new thread without having a minimum required post count: @ Digital Point. That pertains to their Contest( graphic design) under the Business section. But, not per post so, don't know if automating a minimum post requirement is possible per/post with Vbulettin.

Understand.

I did see a subsection of a VBulettin forum where it is automated so that one can't start a new thread without having a minimum required post count: @ Digital Point. That pertains to their Contest( graphic design) under the Business section. But, not per post so, don't know if automating a minimum post requirement is possible per/post with Vbulettin.

If you've seen it then it likely can be done, but I can't make any such changes as that's Andres' territory. Regardless I don't know that the min post count matters too much in this regard, the more code oriented members we get the better, any barriers to participate I'd consider a negative. In general though I like the idea of Developers showcasing their work and discussing their services, they are free right now to start their own threads in the Mobile Web Design area, and if there is sufficient demand by developers we could start a special subforum just for that purpose and move any existing threads accordingly.

domainitrix

If you've seen it then it likely can be done, but I can't make any such changes as that's Andres' territory. Regardless I don't know that the min post count matters too much in this regard, the more code oriented members we get the better, any barriers to participate I'd consider a negative. In general though I like the idea of Developers showcasing their work and discussing their services, they are free right now to start their own threads in the Mobile Web Design area, and if there is sufficient demand by developers we could start a special subforum just for that purpose and move any existing threads accordingly.
    Sounds great. Thanks!