Thread: THE BEST BLU-RAY domains out there...DONT MISS CHECKING THESE OUT!!

Default THE BEST BLU-RAY domains out there...DONT MISS CHECKING THESE OUT!!

These are my Blu-ray domains at godaddy.com. Anyone wishing to send any to sedo auction please PM me. You will not find better Blu-ray domains out there imho that will be sent to sedo for $100 each. Any comments please by more experienced domainers would be highly appreciated and valued as im quite new to this. Opinions on quality etc etc.

BLURAYIT.COM
    BLU-RAYIT.COM
    BLURAYGAMES.BIZ
    BLU-RAYGAMES.BIZ
    BLURAYGAMES.INFO
    BLURAYDISTRIBUTORS.COM
    BLU-RAYDISTRIBUTORS.COM
    BLU-RAYSUPPLIERS.COM
    BLU-RAYSUPPLIER.COM
    BLURAYSUPPLIERS.COM
    BLURAYSUPPLIER.COM
    HIREBLU-RAY.COM
    BLU-RAYHIRE.COM
    BRHIRE.COM
    HIREBR.COM
    BRWHOLESALERS.COM
    BRWHOLESALER.COM
    BLURAYTRADERS.COM
    TRADEBR.COM
    TRADINGBLURAY.COM
    TRADINGBLU-RAY.COM
    TRADINGBR.COM
    WWW.RAYGAMERS.COM (developed site)
    BLURAYGAMEDISCS.COM
    BRGDISCS.COM

Anyone able to make a sale for me of 2 names over 10k eg- blurayIT.com and blu-rayIT.com, im will give the said person 50% of the sale. All sales will be going toward charity. Thankyou, regards John
    Last edited by MrMobi; 03-06-2009 at 03:37 AM. Reason: to add, any comments please, also just clarifying.mobi
    affiliating.mobi authorised.mobi authorizing.mobi showcasing.mobi debuts.mobi forumchat.mobi equips.mobi scrolls.mobi hhpc.mobi scrolling.mobi clarifying.mobi customizes.mobi opencams.mobi personalizes.mobi personalise.mobi addapps.mobi simulates.mobi savevideo.mobi savevideos.mobi stockstrade.mobi futurestrade.mobi savepics.mobi picpal.mobi

I know you've probably spent a good amount registering these names, but since you're asking for input I feel that it should be pointed out that "Blu-ray" is actually trademarked by Sony, and that you put yourself at risk to have these taken from you by owning them (or, potentially, developing them). I see that a few of them don't actually include the words "Blu-ray," so those wouldn't come under the same concern, though.

Quote Originally Posted by dagersh View Post
    I know you've probably spent a good amount registering these names, but since you're asking for input I feel that it should be pointed out that "Blu-ray" is actually trademarked by Sony, and that you put yourself at risk to have these taken from you by owning them (or, potentially, developing them). I see that a few of them don't actually include the words "Blu-ray," so those wouldn't come under the same concern, though.
    I really don't get it. Theres plenty of domains out there with bluray or blu-ray in the name eg blu-raydisc.com, blu-ray.com (they talk about Sony but not as if the site is owned by Sony) blu-raydvds.com.au Guess i better look into it. This kind of thing really pisses me off. How are people supposed to mention and sell blu-ray games/movies/players without using these words. Sorry, this is just really disappointing news. Guess if this is how it goes then i wont have a choice in the matter. So then if someone has more money than me and goes and trademarks bluray without the - does that mean i cant use that also. I thought if i own the .com of a domain then ...ah nm, i'll just go read up on it.
    affiliating.mobi authorised.mobi authorizing.mobi showcasing.mobi debuts.mobi forumchat.mobi equips.mobi scrolls.mobi hhpc.mobi scrolling.mobi clarifying.mobi customizes.mobi opencams.mobi personalizes.mobi personalise.mobi addapps.mobi simulates.mobi savevideo.mobi savevideos.mobi stockstrade.mobi futurestrade.mobi savepics.mobi picpal.mobi

somebody kill me now

Quote Originally Posted by MrMobi View Post
    I really don't get it. Theres plenty of domains out there with bluray or blu-ray in the name eg blu-raydisc.com, blu-ray.com (they talk about Sony but not as if the site is owned by Sony) blu-raydvds.com.au Guess i better look into it. This kind of thing really pisses me off. How are people supposed to mention and sell blu-ray games/movies/players without using these words. Sorry, this is just really disappointing news. Guess if this is how it goes then i wont have a choice in the matter. So then if someone has more money than me and goes and trademarks bluray without the - does that mean i cant use that also. I thought if i own the .com of a domain then ...ah nm, i'll just go read up on it.
    Sorry to have gotten you so down about it! Yes, you're right, there are plenty of others who have done the same thing, possibly unaware of the TM issue as well, and there's certainly a chance that Sony isn't going to be too militant about it since maybe they'd be happy to have "blu-ray" become a generic term for DVDs. But I figure it's at least important for you to know...

Quote Originally Posted by dagersh View Post
    Sorry to have gotten you so down about it! Yes, you're right, there are plenty of others who have done the same thing, possibly unaware of the TM issue as well, and there's certainly a chance that Sony isn't going to be too militant about it since maybe they'd be happy to have "blu-ray" become a generic term for DVDs. But I figure it's at least important for you to know...
    hey dagersh, i can find that Blu-ray Disc is trademarked, as is BD but i couldnt find when googling that Blu-ray is trademarked. Im pretty safe with most of them i think. Can you let me know where I can search to find the term Blu-ray and find the trademark please. If there is trademarks i'll live lol as mant of them dont infringe as you said. Thanks for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMobi View Post
    hey dagersh, i can find that Blu-ray Disc is trademarked, as is BD but i couldnt find when googling that Blu-ray is trademarked. Im pretty safe with most of them i think. Can you let me know where I can search to find the term Blu-ray and find the trademark please. If there is trademarks i'll live lol as mant of them dont infringe as you said. Thanks for your help.
    Here's a few for you:

Word Mark BLU-RAY
    Goods and Services IC 009. US 026. G & S: REPRODUCTION EQUIPMENT-NAMELY, DIAZO DIRECT PROCESSING WHITEPRINT MACHINES. FIRST USE: 19570915. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 19571015
    Mark Drawing Code (3) DESIGN PLUS WORDS, LETTERS, AND/OR NUMBERS
    Design Search Code 26.17.13 - Letters or words underlined and/or overlined by one or more strokes or lines; Overlined words or letters; Underlined words or letters
    Serial Number 72214219
    Filing Date March 9, 1965
    Current Filing Basis 1A
    Original Filing Basis 1A
    Registration Number 0804650
    Registration Date March 1, 1966
    Owner (REGISTRANT) REPRODUCTION ENGINEERING CORPORATION CORPORATION CONNECTICUT PLAINS ROAD ESSEX CONNECTICUT

(LAST LISTED OWNER) BLU-RAY, INCORPORATED CORPORATION BY CHANGE OF NAME FROM CONNECTICUT WESTBROOK ROAD ESSEX CONNECTICUT 06426
    Assignment Recorded ASSIGNMENT RECORDED
    Attorney of Record HOPGOOD, CALIMAFDE, KALIL, ETAL
    Prior Registrations 0705960
    Description of Mark THE DRAWING IS LINED FOR THE COLOR BLUE.
    Type of Mark TRADEMARK
    Register PRINCIPAL
    Affidavit Text SECT 15.
    Renewal 1ST RENEWAL 19860301
    Live/Dead Indicator LIVE

Word Mark BLU_RAY
    Goods and Services IC 003. US 001 004 006 050 051 052. G & S: Hair care, bath and cosmetic products, namely, eye shadow, eye liner, mascara, blush, lip liner, brow pencils, lipstick, lip gloss, lip balms, cotton makeup puffs, cosmetic and lip color palettes, cosmetic compacts, namely, palettes of facial and/or lip colors sold as a unit with or without an applicator, undereye concealers, foundations, foundations with sunscreen, face powders, soaps, bath oil, skin moisturizer, fragrances and perfumes for personal use, deodorants for personal use, talcum powder, shampoo, conditioner, hair styling gels and spray, nail polish skin creams and powders for use as a bronzer, sun tan lotions, sun screens, facial cleanser and facial toner

IC 021. US 002 013 023 029 030 033 040 050. G & S: Facial sponges for applying make-up and makeup brushes
    Standard Characters Claimed
    Mark Drawing Code (4) STANDARD CHARACTER MARK
    Serial Number 77232192
    Filing Date July 18, 2007
    Current Filing Basis 1B
    Original Filing Basis 1B
    Published for Opposition May 20, 2008
    Owner (APPLICANT) Cargo Cosmetics Corp. CORPORATION CANADA Suite #102 1440 Don Mills Road Toronto CANADA M3B3M1
    Attorney of Record Donald L. Dennison
    Type of Mark TRADEMARK
    Register PRINCIPAL
    Live/Dead Indicator LIVE

MrMobi, I'm afraid the guys are right here, but it's best to let you know now rather than seeing you get in a pickle down the track!...

I don't know Sony's history of seizing TM'd domains..... but I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

Could Sony technically take them away? Sure.

But I doubt they will.... who knows.... I mean seriously, look at www.Blu-Ray.com, for example....

Anyone know of cases in which Sony has taken away a Blu-Ray domain?
    Last edited by Tom; 03-07-2009 at 08:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Egnited View Post
    I don't know Sony's history of seizing TM'd domains..... but I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

Could Sony technically take them away? Sure.

But I doubt they will.... who knows.... I mean seriously, look at www.Blu-Ray.com, for example....

Anyone know of cases in which Sony has taken away a Blu-Ray domain?
    Well i was looking at www.Blu-ray.com for example and thats kind of what confused me. As far as having no - in there, i should be ok? I dont know, seems that everything that can possibly come against me has and is. How bout i go trade mark bluray? I reckon let em take me to court, if they want to mess with my head good luck to em.

First time poster!

bluray.com has lost bluraydisc.com and blu-raydis.com to the Blu-ray Disc Association.
    like you can see at archive.org