Thread: Unbelievable

Thumbs down Unbelievable

I know that the recently banned member here can be a real pain in the behind, but for a moderator to post and to threaten to post his personal information is classless and uncalled for. I have never seen that on any forum, barring a report on a domain thief or something similar.

This was a total classless act, and the fact that it was from a moderator makes it even worse. The thread has been deleted already, but that doesn't make it ok.

damn, I missed all the drama - just as well. XXXX is a master troll - he does more than ask 3 questions to and let you pass - I grant the mod a full pardon, even if it was MJ

Quote Originally Posted by seanboy View Post
    I know that the recently banned member here can be a real pain in the behind, but for a moderator to post and to threaten to post his personal information is classless and uncalled for. I have never seen that on any forum, barring a report on a domain thief or something similar.

This was a total classless act, and the fact that it was from a moderator makes it even worse. The thread has been deleted already, but that doesn't make it ok.
    I agree with you, and was the one who went ahead and deleted the thread. I've also brought it up with Andres and the moderators and you can rest assured something like that won't happen again.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    damn, I missed all the drama - just as well. XXXX is a master troll - he does more than ask 3 questions to and let you pass - I grant the mod a full pardon, even if it was MJ
    Quote Originally Posted by dagersh View Post
    I agree with you, and was the one who went ahead and deleted the thread. I've also brought it up with Andres and the moderators and you can rest assured something like that won't happen again.
    I'm just saying, that I wouldn't want my address posted here. I love you guys and all, but you can't come over to my house. My place is a mess, and my cats hate strangers

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    ..I grant the mod a full pardon...
    The 'subject' of the matter is an irrelevant excuse to condone it/them.

Glad I didn't see it. and pray no mods get mad at me!

This was a total classless act..
    Yes...because he forgot to post his creditcardnumbers and mobile phone number...

But serious..you're right ofcourse..

Martin
    <signature police forced me to remove my image that was too large and had nothing to do with a mobi site >

Autodisk.mobi - all dutch carspecs | Manage all your holiday accommodations with our online manager.

r to post and to threaten to post his personal information is classless and uncalled for. I have never seen that on any forum, barring a report on a domain thief or something similar..
    I missed the drama and thread in question here .. but I have seen that posting of someone's address (from the whois) happen in an extreme case on another forum... and it worked. The idiot stopped stirring up trouble and left and went back to their own forum and humbly asked to have their details deleted... after some time the mods deleted the details saying they were not obliged to and the info was still readily available elsewhere.
    It seems that only posting their real info brought them to their senses that what they did on a forum had real world consequences and they were dealing with real people.

I have no idea what you just said
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye View Post
    The 'subject' of the matter is an irrelevant excuse to condone it/them.

Glad I didn't see it. and pray no mods get mad at me!

Founding Member

To answer your post I would like to clarify a few things.
    First, the information I threatened to publish was not the one HE used to register here so I did not take any undue advantage being a mod by sneaking into his registration details.
    It was sourced on independent basis and had nothing to do with Mobility.

So you can be rest assured I did not take any liberty to post his data from his registration details.
    I did it to shut him up for the common good of the forum since you might have seen what has been going around at the forum for the past 2 days.

Its really a tough thing to be a mod and to balance the likes and dislikes of all the members, but sometimes we do take decisions for the individual good of the collective community.

As for posting other member details I dont think any of us have done anything like that ever and neither do we plan to do it again.

It might have been a classless act and that too from a mod, but that was the only way to shut him up.

Thanks for the comments, I appreciate the same.
    Last edited by vikrantjain22; 02-25-2009 at 11:27 AM.
    ERP.MOBI | LOG.MOBI | BROADCAST.MOBI | SHARES.MOBI | RFP.MOBI

Mobility Regular

I also saw the original post.
    However, I was not alarmed by it because the information was modified to be indecipherable.

The complaint is justified because the implication of a threat was wrong.

I am glad that the situation is over. It was interesting to watch at first, polarizing at best, and ridiculous as it progressed.

Thank you to the mods.
    See what is going on here: Why.mobi

Pred

'it' is still present here, 'it's' username was showing as active at bottom of page, even though banned. can you not ban 'it's' ip?