Thread: Premium .mobi's for sale...

Default Premium .mobi's for sale...

Hi everyone,

I am currently marketing the following .mobi domain names for sale:

news.mobi
    realestate.mobi
    property.mobi
    pizza.mobi

If you are interested, please let me know. All serious offers will be considered. Please respond to the email provided below.

Thanks,

Matt Althauser
    Domain Broker
    [email protected]

Wow

Matt....these names all have dev requirements and I would guess close to being taken away. Can you provide details on that and also give us an idea of what is realistic for offers considering the situation. I don't see these names bringing anything close to what they were sold for previously.

it's not appropriate to crash a sales thread with speculation.

pm sent

not crashing anything. i am asking these questions because i'm interested in one of the names.
    Last edited by mediaadvantages; 01-23-2009 at 03:30 PM.

Living and Lovin in North Carolina, y'all.

Matt,

You are the broker and with Sedo.

I too would be interested in the development requirements.

A rule reminder to members regarding the marketplace threads:

Only post in a marketplace thread if you have specific questions about the listed item or are responding to the offer. Marketplace threads are not for appraisal or discussion.

Matt in the event of a sale who is the seller? You personally, sedo, or the anonymous registrant?

i responded immediately after this post and also sent an email....still haven't heard a thing.

Pred

Quote Originally Posted by mediaadvantages View Post
    i responded immediately after this post and also sent an email....still haven't heard a thing.
    sedo incredulously as you know work a 5 day week.
    im sure he will get email on his blackberry etc, but he will have to concerse with seller anyway

these aint selling quick. i'll send my email monday

Quote Originally Posted by malthauser View Post
    Hi everyone,

I am currently marketing the following .mobi domain names for sale:

news.mobi
    realestate.mobi
    property.mobi
    pizza.mobi

If you are interested, please let me know. All serious offers will be considered. Please respond to the email provided below.

Thanks,

Matt Althauser
    Domain Broker
    [email protected]
    These domains originally sold for:

Pizza.mobi - $21,000,
    Propery.mobi - $26,000,
    RealEstate.mobi - $85,000
    News.mobi - $110,000

Are you looking for prices in that range and up, or are you also considering offers that are lower?

Also, please clarify their development status as per the forum rules.
    My .mobi's: Dating.mobi | Dubai.mobi | Adult.mobi | Banking.mobi | Student.mobi | Call.mobi | Horoscope.mobi | Messenger.mobi | Classifieds.mobi | LiveTV.mobi

Developed: Yup.mobi | Mobility
    | Why .mobi? | Banking | Vuelos | Airline Complaints | Random Site | Whois | Free Mobile Dating | Free Dictionary | Free Thesaurus | Horoscope | Astrology | Free Translation | Exchange Rates

Mobility Member

Quote Originally Posted by Andres View Post
    These domains originally sold for:

Pizza.mobi - $21,000,
    Property.mobi - $26,000,
    RealEstate.mobi - $85,000
    News.mobi - $110,000

Are you looking for prices in that range and up, or are you also considering offers that are lower?

Also, please clarify their development status as per the forum rules.
    Andres, the SEDO reps/brokers I spoke with yesterday were not aware of any development timelines/deadlines. In fact, they weren't even aware of MTLD enforcing any dev guidelines/requirements. All I learned was "make offer" even when I informed the SEDO reps about the former selling prices. While I am interested, I personally would need verification from MTLD itself before I moved forward with any purchase. If I learn more, I'll share it.

and, fwiw, no email reply so far from the SEDO rep who started this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by MrRhee View Post
    Andres, the SEDO reps/brokers I spoke with yesterday were not aware of any development timelines/deadlines.
    Not at all surprised.

Was none of their concern so why make sure customers are aware.

Pred

Talking

ROFLMAO
    Last edited by Pred; 01-24-2009 at 11:21 PM.

I talked to Caronline yesterday on the phone. She seemed to think their were development contracts with these domains. She wasn't aware of that these were being sold but is checking into and will get back to us soon. If she emails or calls with the details rather than put them in this thread, I will pass them on to mobility.

Oops...didn't mean to crack a joke.

This gets back to my earlier rant about depending and relying on domainers to do their (mTLD's) job of getting this extension out there and used.

Domainers for the most part would just glance over the stipulations.

It's like winning a new car! You're so excited, got come bozo standing at the door of the new car just smiling that million dollar smile, waving those keys in front of you. You approach at a quick pace.

I can't friggin believe it! I just won a new car!

Everyone is cheering an clapping and bikini clad babes are there enticing you to Get in! Take a ride in your new car!

You walk up to that bozo with the keys and right when you reach out to grab he suddenly pulls back. You are momentarily stunned, but then he smiles and says, Don't forget to fill it up.

You say Yeah, yeah, right. Just give me the damn keys and get out of my way, bozo.

You hope in, start it up, rev the engine, toot the horn, motion to the crowd and shout Get the heck out of the way and you lay on the gas just burning rubber filling the studio up with putrid whitish bluish stinky smoke and give her all she's got.

Two miles down the road and you suddenly run out of gas and you get out, look puzzled and say...

WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by mediaadvantages View Post
    I talked to Caronline yesterday on the phone. She seemed to think their were development contracts with these domains. She wasn't aware of that these were being sold but is checking into and will get back to us soon. If she emails or calls with the details rather than put them in this thread, I will pass them on to mobility.

I don't want to speak out of turn but I'm not aware that mTLDS are keen to cause problems where names are being sold... especially given that a site can be knocked together in about 15 minutes.

Unless the problem persists of course (i.e. having a name 'for sale' does not negate the obligation to develop but if you have just bought a name in the aftermarket.. you shouldn't lose it between paying for it & getting it pushed..)

Quote Originally Posted by Scandiman View Post
    A rule reminder to members regarding the marketplace threads:

Only post in a marketplace thread if you have specific questions about the listed item or are responding to the offer. Marketplace threads are not for appraisal or discussion.
    In the event some people have missed my earlier post, allow me to repeat myself.

Sorry.

Hi everyone,

Thank you for all of you interest in this topic and these domains. I apologize for not responding sooner, but it was the weekend. I have spoken with the owner of the domains again and everything is fine in regards to the standing of the domains and the .mobi registry and they are not in danger of being taken away.

These domains are for sale and if anyone has any further questions about these domains, please send responses to my email to cut down on speculation and increase accurate and direct answers.

Thanks!

Matt Althauser

Default Another Update

Hi Everyone,

Just an FYI. Two of the mentioned domains(realestate.mobi and pizza.mobi) do not have development requirements.

As for the other two:
    news.mobi has content and a ready.mobi score above 4.0
    property.mobi has a content deadline by May 20th

That information has come directly to me from the .mobi registry, so if there is any further questions or inquiries, please let me know.

Thank you all again for your feedback and interest.

Matt

Default Pizza.mobi Auction with Sedo

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to let you all know that pizza.mobi is currently up for auction through Sedo.com.

If you have any questions about the domain, please let me know.

Thanks,

Matt Althauser
    [email protected]

This should be a great auction.

I checked at sedo and not available to send to auction. If they are seriously interested in accepting a decent offer I have someone interested. I have sent you an email but haven't heard anything back.

There has been some technical difficulties with the auction, but the pizza.mobi auction is up and running. If you would like to check it out, please go to the homepage and search for pizza.mobi in the search bar. That will lead you to the bidding page.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Kind regards,

Matt Althauser

Mobility Regular

Hi Matt,

Why not put the super premium domain name Pizza.mobi on the Sedo home page "Featured Auctions" list instead of one of those 'average' domains?

Cheers,
    James

Hi James,

I checked with our tech team with controls this function on our website and unfortunately the feature is automated by TLD and there is nothing that I can do to change that. It is definitely a suggestion that I will put forward internally and appreciate your feedback.

If you have anything else, please let me know and I will do my best to make it happen.

Kind regards,

Matt AlthauserI I

Founding Member

Quote Originally Posted by jaybee View Post
    Hi Matt,

Why not put the super premium domain name Pizza.mobi on the Sedo home page "Featured Auctions" list instead of one of those 'average' domains?

Cheers,
    James
    Agree with you James.

A lot of great keyword domains in TLDs other than COM, CO.UK, and NET get buried currently. Sedo should seriously look at posting random "active" auctions on front page at least.
    C.T. Kirkpatrick
    Austin Texas
    Akron.mobi

Mobility Regular

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by malthauser View Post
    Hi James,

I checked with our tech team with controls this function on our website and unfortunately the feature is automated by TLD and there is nothing that I can do to change that. It is definitely a suggestion that I will put forward internally and appreciate your feedback.

If you have anything else, please let me know and I will do my best to make it happen.

Kind regards,

Matt AlthauserI I
    Thanks for trying Matt.

Quote Originally Posted by think
    A lot of great keyword domains in TLDs other than COM, CO.UK, and NET get buried currently. Sedo should seriously look at posting random "active" auctions on front page at least.
    Agreed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast