Thread: Help in editing

Default Help in editing

Hi,

It's been quite a while since I've experienced any problems I haven't been able to overcome.

But.....that time has come to an end.

I can't edit one of my many subpages for newhair

Whenever I try, I get a message
    Sorry! this action is not permitted. Please press (Ctrl+Z) 'Ctrl' key and 'Z' key together to undo this operation and try again.
    This message come up without even making changes.

The page in question:
    Womens short straight cuts gallery 1
    user name: newhair
    Could you please look into this issue?

Thanks!
    Mark

Any help on this? I'd like to make some updates!
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Work In Progress View Post
    Hi,

It's been quite a while since I've experienced any problems I haven't been able to overcome.

But.....that time has come to an end.

I can't edit one of my many subpages for newhair

Whenever I try, I get a message

This message come up without even making changes.

The page in question:
    Womens short straight cuts gallery 1
    user name: newhair
    Could you please look into this issue?

Thanks!
    Mark

Akmin Technologies

We are analyzing the issue and will get back to you with our feedback at the earliest possible.
    Also feel free to visit http://forums.mobisitegalore.com

Akmin Technologies

We have verified and corrected the issue, please cross check the same in preview. If satisfied publish the website.

Quote Originally Posted by mobiSiteGalore View Post
    We have verified and corrected the issue, please cross check the same in preview. If satisfied publish the website.
    OK. Another problem. I published the site and the updates did not resolve. I changed over to html and published, and the changes appeared (and the ads disappeared). I switched back over and republished in ph and now get the dreaded
    Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
    Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
    More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
    Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    Republished back to html and the sites back.

Quote Originally Posted by Work In Progress View Post
    OK. Another problem. I published the site and the updates did not resolve. I changed over to html and published, and the changes appeared (and the ads disappeared). I switched back over and republished in ph and now get the dreaded

Republished back to html and the sites back.
    Please assure me you're looking into this as I'm generating no ads off my most popular site as long this problem continues
    Thanks

Akmin Technologies

Please change the page extensions to PHP extn to get the ads to work. Only PHP supports goodies like adsense, admob etc, presently the page extenstion is in html.

If the page extension is set in PHP then your hoster needs to serve the pages in PHP. Please contact your hosting service provider to provide pages in php inorder to make the ads work.

Quote Originally Posted by mobiSiteGalore View Post
    Please change the page extensions to PHP extn to get the ads to work. Only PHP supports goodies like adsense, admob etc, presently the page extenstion is in html.

If the page extension is set in PHP then your hoster needs to serve the pages in PHP. Please contact your hosting service provider to provide pages in php inorder to make the ads work.
    This is the type of response I have to go to. I clearly stated I did publish my site in PHP, but when I did, it went down. I had to publish it in html to get it back. I can see blaming this as a hosting problem if I had changed hosts. I have over 10 mobisitegalore sites now, all hosted at the same place, using the same account. I have done this before. All of the other sites are published in PHP with ads. THIS site had the ads and worked PRIOR to the updates I made. ONLY when I made the updates in sitebuilder did this issue arise. Can't be much clearer than this.

Now...the really strange part. I went in and made a few changes on a page today just to play around and hope something had changed. I republished the site in PHP. Changed the permssions (as I've had to do for a long time) in my cPanle and .....it works. In PHP...with ads again. I have to assume it was something to do with a bug in the admob ad I made the adjustment to. The bottom line is, I hope this helps those who are having similar problems and mobisitegalore in addressing what seems to be an editing bug issue.

Akmin Technologies

If you note that the so called bug goes away when the permission is changed in the CPanel (with no changes in code). Hence we reckon that it is a hosting related permission issue and NOT A BUG with mobiSiteGalore.