Thread: Mobile screen size trends

Arrow Mobile screen size trends

Very interesting and useful regarding mobile screen size trends: http://sender11.typepad.com/sender11...-screen-s.html

What will be the dominant screen sizes in the future? Well, the 128 width screen sizes are moving down from feature phones to basic phones and there are very few manufacturers that still uses 176 width screens. It looks like 240 x 320 is the new base line.
    Something to keep in mind when designing your mobile sites.

Follow-up: http://sender11.typepad.com/sender11...on-mobile.html
    My .mobi's: Dating.mobi | Dubai.mobi | Adult.mobi | Banking.mobi | Student.mobi | Call.mobi | Horoscope.mobi | Messenger.mobi | Classifieds.mobi | LiveTV.mobi

Developed: Yup.mobi | Mobility
    | Why .mobi? | Banking | Vuelos | Airline Complaints | Random Site | Whois | Free Mobile Dating | Free Dictionary | Free Thesaurus | Horoscope | Astrology | Free Translation | Exchange Rates

Interesting info. Thanks for posting. Repped

Thanks man, answered one of a million questions in the back of my mind. Darned that happens a lot around here

Phones that let you switch from tall to wide create some serious design issues... I wonder if there is anything in wurfl or device atlas that can detect the orientation of the phone and serve up an appropriate design.

Quote Originally Posted by Scandiman View Post
    Phones that let you switch from tall to wide create some serious design issues... I wonder if there is anything in wurfl or device atlas that can detect the orientation of the phone and serve up an appropriate design.
    You can say that again. Small -vs- Fullscreen. While my inclination would be that fullscreen was more useful, in reality the small does better with most sites...

For sure on my Nokias (6126, 2610, as well as emulators (6230 & 6136)). I need to throw a SIM in my razr v3 and see cause I'm wondering on that.. Uhm the kyocera marbl, still have to look at. But I'm sure I'll find similiar issues, so it hasn't been a priority

What phones are you finding the biggest differences on? Just curious, maybe with a bigger list from diff peeps something better could be designed to account for that parameter as well.

-setjmp

Quote Originally Posted by setjmp View Post
    You can say that again. Small -vs- Fullscreen.
    I'm not really speaking to full PC sites but tall vs wide layouts for mobile. Each are unique from PC sites.

Mobility Regular

not for sure elsewhere in the mobile universe, but the safe screen size in Japan is 240x240. The new models extend past 240x320 (extends on height) but 95% of the width is 240px.

Thanks for the information!

Most of the phones listed in the adobe device manager (software that comes with adobe premier for video) are listing 240x320 for the emerging standard
    The speed of light is faster than sound that's why some people appear bright until they open their mouths

To everyone who thinks a profitable viral marketing campaign is so easy to accomplish I would suggest to go and do it instead of complaining that others aren't - Scandiman

Does anyone know if this information is still current?

Thanks

Scoopy

I still use 240 as the maximum width of images to use on my mobile sites. For example, Vodafone 845/Android 2.1 has only 240 pixels and I use it as my baseline in design.

Thanks again ChinaMobi

When looking at iOS, WP7 and Android. Only android has varying screen sizes and resolutions, right?!

Mobility Regular

Here's the information on all mobile screen sizes

http://www.mobiledesign.com/mobile-d...-screen-sizes/

Default Mobile screen size trends

Now, people are not use phone only for calling and calls receive. Phone is become smart phone and increase the use of it for email checking, social networking, image and video capturing. For this many function, Phone development company increase the screen size for easy and fast access to function.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_lewis View Post
    Now, people are not use phone only for calling and calls receive. Phone is become smart phone and increase the use of it for email checking, social networking, image and video capturing. For this many function, Phone development company increase the screen size for easy and fast access to function.
    Man things are changing so fast!!!
    Mobile Website Developer - Vision Mobile