Thread: Something not working as you'd like?

Default Something not working as you'd like?

Hey guys,

This forum is still new and we're still ironing out all the kinks as we familiarize ourselves with vBulletin.

If you notice anything disabled that is normally enabled in other domain forums, let us know and we'll enable it. Heck, even if you see something normally disabled at other domain forums and you would like to see it enabled here, also let us know.

Cheers!
    Andres
    My .mobi's: Dating.mobi | Dubai.mobi | Adult.mobi | Banking.mobi | Student.mobi | Call.mobi | Horoscope.mobi | Messenger.mobi | Classifieds.mobi | LiveTV.mobi

Developed: Yup.mobi | Mobility
    | Why .mobi? | Banking | Vuelos | Airline Complaints | Random Site | Whois | Free Mobile Dating | Free Dictionary | Free Thesaurus | Horoscope | Astrology | Free Translation | Exchange Rates

Mobility Regular

I was playing around with the forum settings and unintentionally ended up changing the forum to the mobile version (while on PC).

I was unable to change back from the mobile version to PC version, didn't see any link for it or way to logout. So I had to delete passwords and cookies to break out of it.
    Last edited by tomsey; 07-01-2007 at 02:52 PM.

Mobility Regular

One minor thing - I'm seeing a horizontal scrollbar with 1024x768 res. I think the forum would look better without it.

Quote Originally Posted by tomsey View Post
    I was playing around with the forum settings and unintentionally ended up changing the forum to the mobile version (while on PC).

I was unable to change back from the mobile version to PC version, didn't see any link for it or way to logout. So I had to delete passwords and cookies to break out of it.
    Perhaps a simple link on the mobile site to the PC site version will take care of this.

Mobility Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Scandiman View Post
    Perhaps a simple link on the mobile site to the PC site version will take care of this.
    yeah that would be ideal

I've disabled the option of users switching styles so that this does not inadvertently happen again. I like Scandi's suggestion and will ask dartho to include that link in the next version which he's already working on.
    My .mobi's: Dating.mobi | Dubai.mobi | Adult.mobi | Banking.mobi | Student.mobi | Call.mobi | Horoscope.mobi | Messenger.mobi | Classifieds.mobi | LiveTV.mobi

| Why .mobi? | Banking | Vuelos | Airline Complaints | Random Site | Whois | Free Mobile Dating | Free Dictionary | Free Thesaurus | Horoscope | Astrology | Free Translation | Exchange Rates

2 things.

1. The PM doesn't seem to be working. I just get another message field to fill out.

2. I have to sign in frequently.

Andres, this site rocks. Just one thing - I am getting the "spread the love around" whenever I try to rep Scandi or Pred, and they deserve the rep, too. Any ideas about how to work around that? Thanks!
    Need a developer? MobileSiteStore.com | More good stuff at Drosty.com
    Accepting Quality guest posts via PM only for mobiEnthusiast.mobi
    (NO press releases or story ideas, completed, unique articles only
    )

Quote Originally Posted by coast View Post
    Andres, this site rocks. Just one thing - I am getting the "spread the love around" whenever I try to rep Scandi or Pred, and they deserve the rep, too. Any ideas about how to work around that? Thanks!
    Snap!!
    The speed of light is faster than sound that's why some people appear bright until they open their mouths

To everyone who thinks a profitable viral marketing campaign is so easy to accomplish I would suggest to go and do it instead of complaining that others aren't - Scandiman

Quote Originally Posted by ChooseyBeggar View Post
    2 things.

1. The PM doesn't seem to be working. I just get another message field to fill out.
    That's how the PM system works, it's just like writing another post, except that the message gets sent privately to the user who is the only one that can read it.

2. I have to sign in frequently.
    Make sure you have cookies enabled in your browser and when you login, click the "Remember Me" checkbox and you will never have to login again on that computer.

Quote Originally Posted by coast
    I looked into this and it seems that vBulletin had set the default to 20 in terms of how many people you had to rep before you could repeat a rep to an individual. I've reduced this to 0 so you can repeat reps as much as you like, so consider this fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Andres View Post
    I looked into this and it seems that vBulletin had set the default to 20 in terms of how many people you had to rep before you could repeat a rep to an individual. I've reduced this to 0 so you can repeat reps as much as you like, so consider this fixed.
    Andres, you are the best forum owner ever, bar none! Thanks!
    )

Andres, you are the best forum owner ever, bar none! Thanks!
    I must 2nd that motion.

Thanks, you guys make it easy!

Living and Lovin in North Carolina, y'all.

Original question:
    Something not working as you'd like?

What if I am not working as I would like to?

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry View Post
    Original question:
    Something not working as you'd like?

What if I am not working as I would like to?
    PM Scandiman, he should be able to take care of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Andres View Post
    PM Scandiman, he should be able to take care of that.
    Nope, outside of the realm of mod powers.

Any word on the chat feature? It sounds difficult to implement but I'll sure be happy when it's ready :-)
    )

Any word on the chat feature? It sounds difficult to implement but I'll sure be happy when it's ready :-)
    I'll be taking care of that when I get from vacation on the 31st, together with a few other goodies.

I forgot my password. I have the temporary one. But when I use the link to reset my password I get a 504 error. :-/

I forgot my password. I have the temporary one. But when I use the link to reset my password I get a 504 error. :-/
    I'll look into it right away.

In the meantime, this might shed some light into the problem.

<p>I forgot my password. I have the temporary one. But when I use the link to reset my password I get a 504 error. :-/
    I'll look into it right away.

In the meantime, this might shed some light into the problem.

Yes, it does shed some light. I almost understand it. I tried again today but this time I was told to refresh and sign in. I signed in and got the same page. I went back to my email and clicked. I got a blank page.</p>
    Last edited by ChooseyBeggar; 09-11-2007 at 05:56 PM.

Sheesh! I got loads 2 lern abt postin hea!

First time poster!

Default thanks

I like what you say is pretty good share best