Thread: Now anyone can build mobile websites with a mobile phone

Akmin Technologies

Default Now anyone can build mobile websites with a mobile phone

Hi,

Imagine if 3 billion mobile phone users in the world suddenly get the power to build mobile websites using just their mobile phone? Now a brand new service from www.mobisitegalore.com makes this possible. For the first time in the history of the Internet, mobiSiteGalore now enables anyone to build a full-fledged mobile website using any basic mobile phone with Internet connection like GPRS or 3G.

To build a mobile website, anyone can visit www.mobisitegalore.com on their mobile phone’s web browser, sign up for a free account and start building their mobile website right away. Also there is no software or plug-in to be downloaded. mobiSiteGalore also provides a free website address to publish and host the mobile website after it is built. And it’s 100% FREE with no advertisements.

Apart from this ‘Build-with-Mobile’ edition launched on September 10, 2008, mobiSiteGalore already offers a PC edition – that allows users to build their mobile websites using a computer, since 2006. To use the PC edition, you just need to visit the same address (www.mobisitegalore.com) from your computer.

Cheers,
    David Hill,
    Director-Mobile Web Initiatives
    www.mobisitegalore.com
    [email protected]
    Also feel free to visit http://forums.mobisitegalore.com

Quote Originally Posted by mobiSiteGalore View Post
    Hi,

Imagine if 3 billion mobile phone users in the world suddenly get the power to build mobile websites using just their mobile phone? Now a brand new service from www.mobisitegalore.com makes this possible. For the first time in the history of the Internet, mobiSiteGalore now enables anyone to build a full-fledged mobile website using any basic mobile phone with Internet connection like GPRS or 3G.

To build a mobile website, anyone can visit www.mobisitegalore.com on their mobile phone’s web browser, sign up for a free account and start building their mobile website right away. Also there is no software or plug-in to be downloaded. mobiSiteGalore also provides a free website address to publish and host the mobile website after it is built. And it’s 100% FREE with no advertisements.

Apart from this ‘Build-with-Mobile’ edition launched on September 10, 2008, mobiSiteGalore already offers a PC edition – that allows users to build their mobile websites using a computer, since 2006. To use the PC edition, you just need to visit the same address (www.mobisitegalore.com) from your computer.

Cheers,
    David Hill,
    Director-Mobile Web Initiatives
    www.mobisitegalore.com
    [email protected]
    Thanks for the news David. I've certainly been impressed with everything MSG has offered. Although there have been many problems and bugs (mostly associated with updating), I can't complain about a free service that has allowed me to express my creativity with limited developing skills.

As an avid user of your service, I hope this new venture pans out for you. I, for one, will have no interest at all in developing a site on a mobile platform. It often takes weeks (and even months) to complete more complex sites on my PC. I can't imagine attempting this from a phone keypad (or smart phone).

Personally, I would of loved to have seen more improvements to he PC site instead. Let's start with better SE with Google. I can get great (often spectacular) results with Yahoo, but Google basically ignores 95% of my MSG sites into oblivion. I've brought this up as suggestions (as well as several others) in your forum months ago, with a "we're working on it" response. If you guys were to get this improved, it would more than double my visitors (and create more PR for MSG).

Again, best of luck with the new venture.

One huge question I have to ask.....Why not use and promote a mobi address to distinguish your mobile version?

Akmin Technologies

Thanks for your inputs. We will make use of them as and when possible and make mobiSiteGalore better.

Quite a bold move with this new initiative, it's taking mobile web to a whole new level, not merely content consumption but content creation, or more importantly site creation. Technically here at Mobility the members create content via mobile when they post in a thread, but site creation is whole other thing. I imagine your users can edit their existing sites via mobile as well? If so it frees them from the PC, being able to update a page if needed whenever and wherever they are (assuming they have signal of course) without having to lug around a laptop.

Please consider Work in Progress' comments on using a .mobi domain for this initiative, it helps the overall cause of .mobi which speaks directly to your core customer base. Maybe it is being addressed in the form of site.mobi, are these new features being fully supported there as well? Other than the branding issue, this is a pioneering step, a major milestone for the mobile web and I commend your efforts.

Akmin Technologies

Already mobisitegalore.mobi is very much available for this. Further, you can edit the mobiSiteGalore generated websites from PC as well as mobile interchangeably.

Quote Originally Posted by mobiSiteGalore View Post
    Already mobisitegalore.mobi is very much available for this. Further, you can edit the mobiSiteGalore generated websites from PC as well as mobile interchangeably.
    Thanks again for the update. It's good to see the mobi is in your hands, but it's still puzzling as to why you wouldn't want to advertise it as opposed to relying on the auto re-direct of the dotCom.

I'm not trying to put you on the spot, but this is just another example of a company pretty much ignoring the mobi advantage of utilizing the trustmark. Again, it's none of my business, but I can't help but wonder why one wouldn't want to tap into and help establish the mobi trustmark.

Hopefully you won't take my comments as an insult. They aren't meant to be. I'm just typing the thoughts I'm thinking....