Thread: Holding or dropping? Ibero, I need your advice.

Dear Spanish members of this forum: Renewal time is here. And I ask myself, which of my Spanish mobis I should hold and which are worthless as a mobile domain name.

It would be fine if you could give your statements. (If anybody needs an advice regarding German mobis, don´t hesitate to contact me.)

Be rigorous with your opinion, please: (G = Google results in Spanish language)

Alora.mobi G 641k
    Antartico.mobi G 460k
    Arago.mobi (Catalan) G 258k
    Armador.mobi (shipowner, fitter) G 352k
    Aumento.mobi (gain) G 17,3M
    Bahias.mobi G 1,52M
    Cantabrico.mobi G 926k
    Cardiaco.mobi (heart) G 1,87M
    Cazador.mobi (hunter) G 2,19M
    Certeza.mobi (certainty) G 6,59M
    Compostela.mobi G 4,31M
    Cuero.mobi (leather) G 11,1M
    Donana.mobi G 728k
    Dunas.mobi (dunes) G 1,21M
    Ecuatorial.mobi G 3,03M
    ElBaltico.mobi G 276k
    Embate.mobi (surge, surf) G 265k
    Escandinavia.mobi G 440k
    Estados-Unidos.mobi G 71,3M
    Estetista.mobi (beautician) G:7k
    Flandes.mobi G: 728k
    Hada.mobi (fairy) G 1,43M
    Incluido.mobi (included) G 26,6M
    Jartum.mobi G 95k
    Lejo.mobi (Typo - lejos) G 162k
    Mandato.mobi (bidding, order) G 6,1M
    MarBaltico.mobi G 1,17M
    MarDelNorte.mobi G 746k
    Mezcla.mobi (joining, mixing) G 9,7M
    Oleaje.mobi (surge, surf) G 632k
    Orilla.mobi (shore) G 3,37M
    ParqueNatural.mobi G 1,95M
    Peguera.mobi G 463k
    Pescador.mobi (fisherman) G 2,4M
    Pijama.mobi (pajamas) G 1,72M
    PoloNorte.mobi G 664k
    PoloSur.mobi G 306k
    Proceder.mobi (proceed) G 3,43M
    Recreacion.mobi (recreation) G 5,66M
    Redaccion.mobi (report) G 18,4M
    Resaca.mobi (surge, surf) G 1,39M
    Ruina.mobi (ruin) G 1,78M
    Ruinas.mobi (ruins) G 2,79M
    Sabana.mobi G 1,84M
    Saltar.mobi (jump) G 9,49M
    Seguir.mobi (follow, keep, succeed) G 40,9M
    Transferir.mobi (transfer) G 2,93M
    Tulipa.mobi (tulip) G 140k
    Valer.mobi (profit) G 2,93M
    Valonia.mobi G 567k
    Last edited by blitzpotz; 09-07-2008 at 09:51 AM. Reason: Adding Google search results

Living and Lovin in North Carolina, y'all.

I may not be fluent in spanish, but without looking in detail at your list, I would keep all four letter (LLLL) .mobis as all of mine, in any language, get great traffic numbers and clicks, especially like hada.mobi (CVCV).

Another tip is to use google.es just to see the number of results returned.

I would keep all of them if money is not a problem, but the ones that I like are the following:

Bahias.mobi
    Cazador.mobi
    Pescador.mobi
    PoloNorte.mobi
    PoloSur.mobi
    Recreacion.mobi
    Ruina.mobi (ruin)
    Ruinas.mobi (ruins)

Good luck!!!

Thanks Gerry, you´re a bank (as we say in German), as always. I will add Google results next - nice proposal.

"Hada.mobi": Bought it from member Cobo for a good price. Thanks Cobo - are you in Panama already (Robert Redford in any movie: "Afghanistan, Bananistan" -a running gag in Germany, just an impression not really related to Panama).

Spanish folks, I need your help. Kiss me or punish me. Shall I hold or drop?

Abo Apo are Arena ars Benzin Bestellung Bett Cargo Champ Charger Deko descargas Devisen Dirndl Druck Elektro Ferienhaus Galeria Goud heiss Horoscopo ICT inline Jantes Jobboerse Joias Jury Kombi Kreuzfahrt Lichtmit Mobilfunk Moveis Nails Olio Onlinekredit Parfuem pep Pisa Polizei pronto Schlagzeilen Servicio SocialMediaMarketing Spielzeug StockExchange Styling tellTerminal TFT tire Transporter Vaticano viajar vivre was wau Wein wer Zahnarzt Zeit Zubehoer

Thanks a lot, Web. I like PoloNorte, PoloSur, too. In my impression there is no wired net and you MUST login over phone/satellite. But when will these names have a commercial chance?
    Astonishing that you also prefer ruina(s). My wife says "Who will search for ruins?", but I have any feeling.
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWebSearches View Post
    I would keep all of them if money is not a problem, but the ones that I like are the following:

Bahias.mobi
    Cazador.mobi
    Pescador.mobi
    PoloNorte.mobi
    PoloSur.mobi
    Recreacion.mobi
    Ruina.mobi (ruin)
    Ruinas.mobi (ruins)

Good luck!!!

Abo Apo are Arena ars Benzin Bestellung Bett Cargo Champ Charger Deko descargas Devisen Dirndl Druck Elektro Ferienhaus Galeria Goud heiss Horoscopo ICT inline Jantes Jobboerse Joias Jury Kombi Kreuzfahrt Lichtmit Mobilfunk Moveis Nails Olio Onlinekredit Parfuem pep Pisa Polizei pronto Schlagzeilen Servicio SocialMediaMarketing Spielzeug StockExchange Styling tellTerminal TFT tire Transporter Vaticano viajar vivre was wau Wein wer Zahnarzt Zeit Zubehoer

Mobility Regular

From my standpoint only:

Cardiaco.mobi (heart) **
    Cazador.mobi (hunter) sport
    Escandinavia.mobi - nice geo *
    Estados-Unidos.mobi - nice geo *
    Estetista.mobi (beautician) ** good for search and more
    Mezcla.mobi (joining, mixing) ** applies to extension
    Pescador.mobi (fisherman) sport **
    Recreacion.mobi (recreation) sport
    Redaccion.mobi (report) * goes with extension
    Saltar.mobi (jump)
    Transferir.mobi (transfer) ** goes with domaining or other
    Valer.mobi (profit) **
    See what is going on here: Why.mobi

Living and Lovin in North Carolina, y'all.

Quote Originally Posted by blitzpotz View Post
    Astonishing that you also prefer ruina(s). My wife says "Who will search for ruins?", but I have any feeling.
    The Yucatan Penninsula going south into northern South America is loaded with Ruins (ruinas). The Mayan Aztec is not far from mega tourist places like Cancun and so on. One area is actually called the Mayan Riviera.

These would be potential gems for an area that is just discovering the enormous benefit of mobile technology. A multilingual tour guide on the mobile phone would be simply marvelous. Mexico, Central America, South America is a meca for archeological sites and protected ruins, both national and international historical site (Machu Picu was recently placed on the Wonders of the World)

Plus, don't drop any until you check the name against the Portuguese counter part. Many Spanish/Portuguese words are the same in both languages. Such as Ruina...so you essentially have all of Mexico, Central America, South America covered not to mention Spain and Portugal.

When I look at these names, I take into strong consideration the untapped/under-apprectiated markets. As Bricio can attest to, Brazil is starting to get hot for mobile devices and mobi.

You will just have to determine whether you want to keep one or both (singular or plural).

Both of these are very under appreciated and overlooked markets. Yet Spanish ranks 4th and Portuguese 7 on the World's Most Popular spoken languages. The two combined would be close to 650 million native speakers.

Great resonance is a proof for a great forum. Thx Gerry (again; what can stop you?) and Kiwi!

Regarding my Portuguese names Bricio was extremely helpful weeks ago. (Are you here, Bricio?)

Compostela ! super geo name, traditional medieval pilgrimage location, big tourist location nowadays - a big long walking route through Europe goes there and is used to this day, so it has much wider appeal than just a damp corner of Galicia.

They say it always rains in Santiago de Compostela, and it did many times when I was there.

Try googling "el camino de Compostela" or "el camino de Santiago" and look at all the paid adverts that come up and all the multiple word domains with compostela in them.

Congratulations, I'd have liked to get that one.

Quote Originally Posted by gogo View Post
    Compostela ! super geo name, traditional medieval pilgrimage location, big tourist location nowadays - a big long walking route through Europe goes there and is used to this day, so it has much wider appeal than just a damp corner of Galicia.

They say it always rains in Santiago de Compostela, and it did many times when I was there.
    Thanks a lot, Gogo! I also own the German expressions Pilgerweg.mobi, Jakobsweg.mobi, Jakobusweg.mobi, Sternenweg.mobi. Unfortunately no English pilgrimage name was available. There is a German Bestseller about pilgrimage to Santiago.

Do you like to develop it? A friend of mine already works on the content ...