Thread: CoolGorilla.mobi Sponsored by LastMinute.com

Default CoolGorilla.mobi Sponsored by LastMinute.com

Lastminute.com talking phrasebooks top travel applications for iPhone

Press release - 1 August 2008 - Lastminute.com-Coolgorilla

In the three weeks since the launch of the new iPhone, a series of free Talking Phrasebooks developed by Coolgorilla and sponsored by lastminute.com have received over 350,000 downloads to become some of the most popular applications on the new device.

Currently available in French, German, Italian and Spanish, the intuitive applications make embarrassing pronunciation attempts a thing of the past as the iPhone speaks selected foreign phrases using recordings of real native speakers.

Thanks to a savvy sponsorship deal with internet travel and leisure pioneers lastminute.com, the applications are free to download whilst other publishers charge customers $9.99 for similar products.

In comparison, based on the same purchase price, lastminute.com and Coolgorilla have already given away over $3.5 million of free software.

“Customer feedback has been immense. We’ve had hundreds of emails from iPhone users thanking us for the phrasebooks and asking us for new languages which will be available soon.” Commented Roy Forsdick Managing Director at Coolgorilla who has promised Portuguese and Greek versions of the phrasebooks will be available by the end of August.

But you don’t need the latest iPhone or iPod Touch to make use of the Talking Phrasebooks. Nokia and Sony Ericsson users can also download the phrasebooks directly to their handsets by visiting coolgorilla.mobi from their mobile phone. And for those of you who are sticking with their trusty iPods, all six languages can also be downloaded as a super-enhanced Podcast via iTunes.

--------------------------------------------------------
    LastMinute.com owns LastMinute.mobi which has this message "We're currently renovating our mobile offering so that it is up to the standard that you would expect from lastminute.com. While we're doing this, please peruse our site at www.lastminute.com"

When their .mobi site is finished, LastMinute.com will most likely be branding "LastMinute.mobi" on future phrasebook downloads. This product is an excellent way to increase awareness because it grabs people's attention and easily stands out from other mobile websites.

CoolGorilla.mobi + LastMinute.mobi = Double Branding of the .mobi extension

Pred

****** once for www.coolgorilla.mobi link

and a double ******* for:

We're currently renovating our mobile offering so that it is up to the standard that you would expect from lastminute.com. While we're doing this, please peruse our site at www.lastminute.com

on lastminute.mobi

this is a 600ib gorilla in web terms if they promote and use lastminute.mobi ....................

they will always use lastminute.com 'logo' imho because almost more than any other business i can think of their .com brand is them, thats why this is all the more important and fascinating there is 2 mobis here being potentially used.

check out www.coolgorilla.com
    http://www.coolgorilla.com/mobile-do...ile-games.html

click on every game link and it goes to a page dedicated to each, each with a coolgorilla.mobi link !

the www.lastminute.mobi one is the one that really gets my juices going

a triple ******* for anyone who can find .mobi mentions on lastminute.com
    Last edited by Pred; 09-04-2008 at 06:48 PM.

I'm getting used to this!

My daily dose of excitement from the latest dotmobi development - another big brand adopting the mobilenet using the logical extension!

I wonder if mTLD were far away when the decision was made? Kudos to them if they were involved..

Pred

another one added to okok.com

yes, i agree, bring it on. i want moooooooorre

can anyone find a biggie tonight?

Nice finds Laser, rep+

Living and Lovin in North Carolina, y'all.

INCREDIBLE NEWS!

Imagine the number of downloads includes several countries.

I wonder if this is offered for the iPod Touch?

This is something I/we discussed as much 2 years ago...talking language/phrase books for travelers and talking or print tour guides in you language on your phone. I look for that coming soon.

Pred

goes to prove its true alexa doesnt register mobile visitors

i mean look at the alexa rating? almost nonexistant, makes you wonder what the alexa would be on wapedia for example
    i mean its 8k , realistically could be top 1k imho

also do google actually register mobile hits and reflect that in due page rank and importance?
    doesnt look that way from where im standing, looking at friends sites and members on here and knowing what traffic they get and yet show poor alexa rankings etc

when is alexa etc gonna get with the act?

lets face it, its only a matter of time before mobile visitors outweigh pc surfers, not that long imho

Quote Originally Posted by PREDATOR View Post
    lets face it, its only a matter of time before mobile visitors outweigh pc surfers, not that long imho
    Ahh, I sense that too. The mobile campaign is hitting hard
    these days. Everywhere I turn it's mobile this or that

Quote Originally Posted by PREDATOR View Post
    goes to prove its true alexa doesnt register mobile visitors
    Simple question, how is Alexa counted?

rep+

33 posts and 4 emerald mob"I"les, damn, guess its quality o'er quantity

Pred

Quote Originally Posted by Scandiman View Post
    Simple question, how is Alexa counted?
    whats in the special sauce question

according to some its just when people with the alexa tools/bar etc visit your site, having trouble believing that.
    tbh it doesnt mean too much, its more about what page you come up on major search terms for the important search terms tbh relating to your business thats important

having said that a good alexa ranking and google pagerank are icing on the cake too imo

however i too would like to know exactly the alogorithm, if there is one

Superb find !!!

Couldn't rep because I have to 'spread' my reputations (WTF ?)

Martin
    <signature police forced me to remove my image that was too large and had nothing to do with a mobi site >

Autodisk.mobi - all dutch carspecs | Manage all your holiday accommodations with our online manager.