Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Lugano-Tourism.mobi : Switzerland's city by the lake's mobile site -by Lugano Turismo

  1. #1
    domainitrix
    Guest

    Default

    ---


    http://lugano-tourism.mobi/
    _____________
    lugano-tourism.mobi

    Where can I find somewhere to stay, a good restaurant or museum opening times?

    Sometimes you need an answer straight away – when you are out and about Lugano Turismo presents its mobile version of its local information site: Useful contacts (Tourism offices, transport services, important telephone numbers, …) accommodation, activities, restaurants, weather forecasts and events.

    The site is available in Italian, French, German and English, and can be accessed via your mobile phone, simply by keying in: http://lugano-tourism.mobi.

    .mobi site promoted on Lugano-Tourism's main site
    _____________

    _____________
    Lugano (Latin language: Luganum) is a town (52,993 inhabitants, a total of 130,000 people in the agglomeration) in the south of Switzerland, in the Italian-speaking canton of Ticino, which borders Italy. The city's warm summers, and the fact that in recent years it has attracted an ever growing number of celebrities, entertainers and successful sports people has given it the nickname of the "Monte Carlo of Switzerland"[citation needed]. It is the 9th biggest city of Switzerland by population.
    Wikipedia on Lugano
    _____________

    It's the Italian speaking Swiss town this time around! Yay!!

    Gonna be offline for few days, see ya later!
    Last edited by domainitrix; 08-13-2008 at 04:44 AM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Tim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Sunny Southern California
    Posts
    2,432

    Default

    GREAT SITE! I was just there in June! I was actually in Ascona, but we drove to Lugano to do some shopping. AWESOME! I can't rep you anymore right now. The system keeps telling me to get bent.


  3. #3
    domainitrix
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    GREAT SITE! I was just there in June! I was actually in Ascona, but we drove to Lugano to do some shopping. AWESOME! I can't rep you anymore right now. The system keeps telling me to get bent.
    Sure, make me envious of your summer vacation why don't you!

    Is Lugano ritzy & glamorous? or is it more an earthy and sporty kinda town?

    Sounds good though, vacation that your kids will remember for long time to come!

  4. #4
    Senior Member Tim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Sunny Southern California
    Posts
    2,432

    Default

    Lugano is a lake town and very close to Italy. We drove through it to a neighboring town and went to Foxtown mall...a mall of all things!

    We stayed in Ascona which is VERY upscale. It rocked.


  5. #5
    domainitrix
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    Lugano is a lake town and very close to Italy. We drove through it to a neighboring town and went to Foxtown mall...a mall of all things!

    We stayed in Ascona which is VERY upscale. It rocked.
    Foxtown mall-- Like you've never left Califonia!
    Well, feel to share more details on Ascona and their great accommodations..So, we can all drool and dream about the place! And should we all visit there, we know where we'll all be meeting up.

  6. #6
    Senior Member GijsZePa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Nieuw-Vennep, The Netherlands
    Posts
    2,800

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    We stayed in Ascona which is VERY upscale. It rocked.
    Nice,

    We stayed one week on the swiss side of the Lago Maggiore. Near Locarno... great area it is !!!

    Martin
    <signature police forced me to remove my image that was too large and had nothing to do with a mobi site >


    Autodisk.mobi - all dutch carspecs | Manage all your holiday accommodations with our online manager.

  7. #7
    Mobility Regular MobiMaven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lexington KY
    Posts
    619

    Default

    you have been on a roll reporting all of these new developed sites. Love to see them, particularly geo! Rep coming.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    United State of Britain
    Posts
    1,034

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    Lugano is a lake town and very close to Italy. We drove through it to a neighboring town....
    You drove through a lake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


  9. #9
    Senior Member gogo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    planet Gogon - M25 class planet
    Posts
    3,452

    Default

    very nice lake. Ascona? seen the lovely station in the dark - got left at the station there in the heavy rain once when hitching through CH - the train fares are much cheaper in Italy and the roads much more dangerous.

    funny choice of a name but maybe it's because their main site is lugano-tourism.com-
    http://lugano-tourism.com/it/32/info...uristiche.aspx
    what name would you pick if you couldn't use lugano.mobi?

    I'd prefer something that aligns with searches, so maybe they're right, but LuganoSwitzerland or LuganCH sound better to me.

  10. #10
    Senior Member gogo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    planet Gogon - M25 class planet
    Posts
    3,452

    Default

    good news - a link on the front page of lugano-tourism.com about mobile info takes you to a whole page about the mobi site http://lugano-tourism.com/it/276/mobi.aspx

  11. #11
    domainitrix
    Guest

    Default

    Thanks all!

    Quote Originally Posted by gogo View Post
    very nice lake. Ascona? seen the lovely station in the dark - got left at the station there in the heavy rain once when hitching through CH - the train fares are much cheaper in Italy and the roads much more dangerous.

    funny choice of a name but maybe it's because their main site is lugano-tourism.com-
    http://lugano-tourism.com/it/32/info...uristiche.aspx
    what name would you pick if you couldn't use lugano.mobi?

    I'd prefer something that aligns with searches, so maybe they're right, but LuganoSwitzerland or LuganCH sound better to me.
    LuganoCH seem logical idea to me as it is just CH after the name of the city but, downside to that maybe that not everyone know that CH stands for Switzerland. You do gogo cuz you got edu-ma-ca-tion! I'd get something like LuganoTour, since it's just another 4 letters to type in after the city name, I haven't checked its availability though.

  12. #12
    Founding Member Scandiman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    9,538

    Default

    nice hotel search on this site

  13. #13
    Pred
    Guest

    Default

    repped

  14. #14
    Pred
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by domainitrix View Post
    Thanks all!



    LuganoCH seem logical idea to me as it is just CH after the name of the city but, downside to that maybe that not everyone know that CH stands for Switzerland. You do gogo cuz you got edu-ma-ca-tion! I'd get something like LuganoTour, since it's just another 4 letters to type in after the city name, I haven't checked its availability though.
    they own www.luganoturismo.com & www.luganoturismo.mobi also

  15. #15
    domainitrix
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PREDATOR View Post
    Thanks cookie & rep for the fine sleuthing.



    Check out the photo from it's front page!
    Love these poppies!!!!!

    nice hotel search on this site
    Yes, the site is well edited & concise overall but yet, they've got things that are utilitarian in usage and complete info. http://lugano-tourism.mobi/it/225/hotels.aspx

  16. #16
    Pred
    Guest

    Default

    That is a beautiful image. Just saved it

  17. #17
    Senior Member gogo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    planet Gogon - M25 class planet
    Posts
    3,452

    Default

    LuganoCH seem logical idea to me as it is just CH after the name of the city but, downside to that maybe that not everyone know that CH stands for Switzerland. You do gogo cuz you got edu-ma-ca-tion! I'd get something like LuganoTour, since it's just another 4 letters to type in after the city name, I haven't checked its availability though.[/quote]

    You don't need no education to recognise CH - it's on the back of all the cars. But on second thought most would recognise it but nobody would google it. Some say CH means Calvinist Hellhole.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-10-2008, 04:40 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-10-2008, 04:12 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-21-2008, 01:50 PM
  4. Mobile web to the fore in Dublin tourism plan - Siliconrepublic.com
    By Scavenger in forum Latest "dotMobi" News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-14-2008, 10:34 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
A Yup.mobi Mobile Site
Mobile Dating