Thread: earlysigns now gone too

Default earlysigns now gone too

This is getting really old fast.

another site completely down. I haven't made any adjustments or updates to this one in quite awhile

earlysigns.mobi

again, just another popular site (was on target for over 1000 unique visitors this month)...most of them mobile visitors...now gone

Care to explain to us what's going on?

I don't understand the post?

Quote Originally Posted by newdomainer View Post
    I don't understand the post?
    Sorry...thought it was pretty self explainitory, but I guess it's not

Earlysigns.mobi now looks like this

If you look back here in this subforum, you'll see this has happened many times before. It's getting to be a sore subject

I don't think it's been down for too long, but to date, there have been 365 hits that have went to this 404

Not good for my visitors, my se placement I've worked hard and long at, and MSG
    I have no idea why a working site would suddenly do this

Akmin Technologies

The Internal Server Error (500) occurs because the server encounters some problem while executing the PHP page index.php which is configured as the default page. Further the error page is not properly configured which results in the 404 Not Found error. It doesn't appear to be mobiSiteGalore related issue. You can verify this by checking the preview of your website after logging into your mobiSiteGalore account. Let us know the account if it doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by mobiSiteGalore View Post
    The Internal Server Error (500) occurs because the server encounters some problem while executing the PHP page index.php which is configured as the default page. Further the error page is not properly configured which results in the 404 Not Found error. It doesn't appear to be mobiSiteGalore related issue. You can verify this by checking the preview of your website after logging into your mobiSiteGalore account. Let us know the account if it doesn't.
    Thanks for the response. Issue is resolved. Site is back.

Someone other than myself updated this site. . When updates are done and FTPed, my host changes permission, which I have to manually reset. This was the issue. My main concern now is, who could have re-published this site? I know because I hand change the keywords and description, as MSG limits you to a few words. They were back to the standard MSG keywords / descriptions.

Living and Lovin in North Carolina, y'all.

Quote Originally Posted by Work In Progress View Post
    Thanks for the response. Issue is resolved. Site is back.

Someone other than myself updated this site. . When updates are done and FTPed, my host changes permission, which I have to manually reset. This was the issue. My main concern now is, who could have re-published this site? I know because I hand change the keywords and description, as MSG limits you to a few words. They were back to the standard MSG keywords / descriptions.
    WIP, who is your host?

If you are having these issues repeatedly and your sites are with the same host, I would definitely look into moving the sites PRONTO!

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry View Post
    WIP, who is your host?

If you are having these issues repeatedly and your sites are with the same host, I would definitely look into moving the sites PRONTO!
    Hostgator...

Been through this with multitudes of people at hostgator support. They all tell me it's coding in mobisitegalores sitebuilder and MSG support says it's my hosts problem. I gave up a long time ago with the "who's problem is it" and I just go in and change permissions on my own. Pretty simple fix. The main problem lies when they do testing when I have a problem and don't tell me when they do it (or re-publish). Then, I have a site down until I change permission. I just want someone to let me know they're testing / re-publishing my site so I can make adjustments. I can't check every page of every site I have every day (not should I have to)

Quote Originally Posted by Work In Progress View Post
    Hostgator...

Been through this with multitudes of people at hostgator support. They all tell me it's coding in mobisitegalores sitebuilder and MSG support says it's my hosts problem. I gave up a long time ago with the "who's problem is it" and I just go in and change permissions on my own. Pretty simple fix. The main problem lies when they do testing when I have a problem and don't tell me when they do it (or re-publish). Then, I have a site down until I change permission. I just want someone to let me know they're testing / re-publishing my site so I can make adjustments. I can't check every page of every site I have every day (not should I have to)
    Wow. I am using HG. Not sure I have had any problems with HG. I only have one MSG site hosted there.

Whatever you do keep that Diabetes site up - I get search traffic for it, and people exit my site to get there - it is a very valuable public service so it would be good for it to stay uninterrupted.
    Need a developer? MobileSiteStore.com | More good stuff at Drosty.com
    Accepting Quality guest posts via PM only for mobiEnthusiast.mobi
    (NO press releases or story ideas, completed, unique articles only
    )

If you are giving MSG ftp access- why? Couldn't you just create files on MSG, download them to your PC then upload them yourself to hostgator? Then whatever happens has no MSG involvement.
    Last edited by gogo; 07-28-2008 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by coast View Post
    Whatever you do keep that Diabetes site up - I get search traffic for it, and people exit my site to get there - it is a very valuable public service so it would be good for it to stay uninterrupted.

As good as it is to hear, earlysigns has about 10x the unique visitors (the majority are mobile) than type1 (it's a little older and was picked up by jumptap)

It's a shame any of these public service sites go down for no apparent reason.

If you are giving MSG ftp access- why? Couldn't you just create files on MSG, download them to your PC then upload them yourself to hostgator? Then whatever happens has no MSG involvement.
    gogo...If I knew how to do this, I would give it a try. From what I've seen, the only access to the "finished" site folders is when they're FTPed into my account. In other words, the folders created aren't readily available in their site builder. I've learned that most updates can be done in cpanel, just to keep the losses of potential downtime to a minimum. But there are many instances where I have to use their sitebuilder for lack of experience / knowledge

The Type1 Link from iCPR is working and resolving fine.

Perhaps a little late to check. But thought I would let you know.

I would give it a try. From what I've seen, the only access to the "finished" site folders is when they're FTPed into my account.
    Try this. Log in. Go to the page titled Website Manager where they give you a list of your files with a choice of publish or preview.

http://login.mobisitegalore.com/mobi...e_manager.jsp#

on the left hand side of that page is a column of links - click on the one that says Zip and dowload website.

Worked for me before, worked just now. HTH, all the best.

Quote Originally Posted by gogo View Post
    Try this. Log in. Go to the page titled Website Manager where they give you a list of your files with a choice of publish or preview.

http://login.mobisitegalore.com/mobi...e_manager.jsp#

on the left hand side of that page is a column of links - click on the one that says Zip and dowload website.

Worked for me before, worked just now. HTH, all the best.
    Another deserving Rep+ to gogo....I never saw that. I'll have to give it a try.
    Thanks