Thread: Tag your threads!

Thumbs up Tag your threads!

This is a great new Web 2.0 feature of vBulletin 3.7.0 that only a handful of you have been using, so I wanted to bring it to everyone's attention. Tags allow you to add certain keywords related to the topic to new threads to help categorize them. The forum can then be searched by Tag's as an alternative to the regular search. There's even a Tag Cloud to quickly see what the most popular Tags on the forum are. But the Tag Cloud and Tag Search are only useful if everyone Tags their new threads. So go crazy!

For example, I have tagged this tread "tags, tag cloud, tag search". What's even better is that anyone can add their own Tags to an existing thread, so if a Tag was missed, Tag it yourself!

What are tags?

Tags are a useful way to search for threads with similar subject matter and content. This compliments the normal search system, which searches only for certain words or phrases and/or posts by specific users.

To use tags, you add words or phrases to threads to help describe the content. For instance, if the subject matter is 'photography' then you can add the tag 'photography' to the tag list. But you could also add tags like 'digital image', and 'camera' (depending, of course, on the nature of the thread).

This will categorize this thread with all other threads that have matching tags, whether or not they have the word 'photography' in them.

Who adds the tags?

Tags are initially added to threads by the user who started the thread. Other users may also be able to add and remove tags.

How do I use tags?

Tags are displayed in a box near the bottom of a thread page. Clicking on a tag will allow you to view other threads that have the same tag - and which may be related. Clicking on the word 'Tags' in the top of the box will take you to an overview page with a 'tag cloud.'

This cloud allows you to see which tags are the most popular - the larger the word, the more times it has been used on threads within the board. There is also another tag cloud on the advanced search page that shows you the tags that have been searched for (or clicked on) the most.
    TAG AWAY!
    My .mobi's: Dating.mobi | Dubai.mobi | Adult.mobi | Banking.mobi | Student.mobi | Call.mobi | Horoscope.mobi | Messenger.mobi | Classifieds.mobi | LiveTV.mobi

Developed: Yup.mobi | Mobility
    | Why .mobi? | Banking | Vuelos | Airline Complaints | Random Site | Whois | Free Mobile Dating | Free Dictionary | Free Thesaurus | Horoscope | Astrology | Free Translation | Exchange Rates

I sure will!!!

But I have never thought of this before and that's why I did not pay much attention. It's nice feature to be used with our posts.

I dont see how to go back and tag an existing thread?. Prob so obviose I cant see the trees through the forrest kind of thing.

Pred

it doesnt give me option to do this

For example, I have tagged this tread "tags, tag cloud, tag search". What's even better is that anyone can add their own Tags to an existing thread, so if a Tag was missed, Tag it yourself!

This is a quote from Andres enitial post. Am I miss-understanding it?.