Thread: probably the worst month of parking (non mobi) ever...

Default probably the worst month of parking (non mobi) ever...

I've made a whopping $1.56 on more than 200 names so far this month. That is the worst performance I've ever encountered. Do you think that G changed payouts, parking co's have changed payouts, or both. Is it time to just not park and have your own landing page?

You gotta know that if G tightens the belt on providers, your earnings will be what suffers. It's only common sense. No parking company will put its members profits over theirs.

I'd be curious to see others opinions. Also, are there any outside the box alternatives to passive earnings?

I'm switching some names over to bodis.com, nice customization but not for .mobi.

Isn't that an NP member site? CFGURU or something?

Yea and it's 100% revenue share if you sign up now. Check out ProShopPutters.com for an example.

Last edited by Scandiman; 08-08-2007 at 06:03 PM.

Thanks, Scandi...how long has this been live and has there been any feedback?

I remember signing up with 1plus because it's RJ and Ian's but wasn't happy with the performance. They had a lot more customization options too. Their shtick was 1/10 ad rotation. I made very very little there. There was also a bug where all searches made at 1plus were credited to 1plus general account and not the member account. I'm not saying it was intentional, but it sucked.

It's too soon for me to have a track record there (1 week) but names that got 2-5 cent clicks are now getting 20-30 cent clicks. These aren't big traffic names but sure a big difference in rev. If your current rev sucks then probably no harm in trying a few domains and see what happens.

I have a ton of traffic and zero clickthroughs on Bodis right now. NameDrive has 1 click for last month on many names, Parked is doing the best for me so far. Since I got GoDaddy Parking included with something else I bought I'm going to try them again. The nameservers got messed up when someone convinced me to move to Sedo (also bad traffic numbers), and even though people complain about it GoDaddy has returned the biggest payouts out of all of them so far. This is non-.mobi I'm talking about here.
    Need a developer? MobileSiteStore.com | More good stuff at Drosty.com
    Accepting Quality guest posts via PM only for mobiEnthusiast.mobi
    (NO press releases or story ideas, completed, unique articles only
    )

Fabulous are doing exactly that for me.
    The speed of light is faster than sound that's why some people appear bright until they open their mouths

To everyone who thinks a profitable viral marketing campaign is so easy to accomplish I would suggest to go and do it instead of complaining that others aren't - Scandiman

Fabulous dropped me like a used rubber for not meeting their non published standards...I have nothing but contempt for fabulous

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    I've made a whopping $1.56 on more than 200 names so far this month. That is the worst performance I've ever encountered. Do you think that G changed payouts, parking co's have changed payouts, or both. Is it time to just not park and have your own landing page?

You gotta know that if G tightens the belt on providers, your earnings will be what suffers. It's only common sense. No parking company will put its members profits over theirs.

I'd be curious to see others opinions. Also, are there any outside the box alternatives to passive earnings?
    I did pretty nicely this month with my non-.mobi domains ($135), but traffic was definitely lower. I'm attributing this to summer vacations...I'm imagining things will pick up again in September.

Meanwhile, I do intend to sign up with Bodis as well...definitely worth a try.

Living and Lovin in North Carolina, y'all.

The vast majority of non mobi's are at sedo and doing well. Last month was my largest revenue month ever. This month is on pace with it.

But not all is rosey. We are dealing with an industry that uses smoke and mirrors and hocus-pocus in regards to PPC. On any given day, you are likely to get 50 different reason why this pays this...all from the same person and parking company.

On one domain I am trying to figure out why it went from $1.28 per click to $0.73 per click in two months. Another went from $0.24 to $0.17. The amazing thing is traffic over this two month period is up, CTR is up, yet the PPC is down and dollar for dollar it has been about the same. In other words, it seems like if I would get the same amount, maybe I would not notice.

The whole industry seems to be a numbers game...whatever number they want to come up with at that very given moment.

One that I am very upset with is a domain that the previous two months was paying on average of $1.37 per click but it is now $0.30. Already this month, due to the fact that it is a high traffic and CTR domain, it is behind more than $30.00 from this point one and two months ago.

None of it makes any sense and you can never figure it out and that is EXACTLY how the parking industry wants it. NameDrive sucks for revenue PPC (but it is about the only thing that pays consistently for asian traffic even if it is pennies), DOPA has never responded to numerous emails or paid for months on Chinese Traffic, TrafficZ sucks, DomainSponsor about 3-4 years ago was awesome but their PPC suddenly dropped by as much as 80% across the board with no response to emails (about 3 months later they were sold...to me this is obviously padding the books. Keep the majority of the revenue in the coffers to make the package appear tasty), and Parked has the lamest estimates and if they decide they don't like your traffic they cancel it and the payment and lie like a rug trying to explain to you why...ala Donny Simon.

So, if you can say suck, suck, suck...you have just described the vacuum of respectability in the parking industry.

Last month my portfolio tanked with ND - it was the lowest I have ever had in all my months of parking. I have complete disgust with NameDrive right now. I Moved to Bodis and doing amazingly well! That is certainly the way to go at this point. I hope they will offer a mobi solution/template at some point.
    Also I am making more on my adult mobis, then anything else at the moment at sexgoesmobile.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    Thanks, Scandi...how long has this been live and has there been any feedback?

I remember signing up with 1plus because it's RJ and Ian's but wasn't happy with the performance. They had a lot more customization options too. Their shtick was 1/10 ad rotation. I made very very little there. There was also a bug where all searches made at 1plus were credited to 1plus general account and not the member account. I'm not saying it was intentional, but it sucked.
    Personally, I've been doing really well with 1Plus. I can't really understand why anyone would rather park and give up a large % of the revenue (how much? Who knows?) to the parking company vs giving 10% of adsense rev. to 1plus for their service.
    Not to mention, my 1plus domains are getting a ton more traffic through SE's vs strictly direct type ins you get from parking. Example: my site oldfilms.org is listed #18 (page 2) of "old films" google results , 1 of 99.7 million. And I'd say on average, 90% of my traffic now comes from SE's.
    Just for an example, I originally had all of my names (non mobi) parked at sedo. Through a 3 month period, I had low $xx.xx. 3 Moths with 1Plus and I received my first $xxx.xx payment. I'm on track to get checks from adsense about every other month now (they don't send out payment until you reach $100.00)...and I'm still waiting on my first sedo check (haven't hit the magical $20.00 mark yet, but my few adult's there are getting much more views/ clicks the past month). If I could use adsense on adult, I'd probably be getting $XXX.XX monthly.
    Sure, 1Plus has it's quirks, but I sure can't complain! And no, I'm not on their payroll....

Looking forward to the new project Ian and company have coming up!

As for the parked mobi's???? Parked at ND are doing a little better than last month, but that wouldn't take much.
    Last edited by Work In Progress; 08-10-2007 at 02:53 PM.